SSR Lovers and Owners Part 3

We have a 2BR and Studio Std view booked for Jan 2022. When people have booked two rooms here (or any DVC i guess) what is the best way to request the two rooms be in the same vicinity/building? I know nothing is guaranteed but would love some data points from people who have been successful if asking in advance or when you arrive helped.

Also, when are the room refurbishments expected to be 100% complete? Thanks much!

I would call member services. No way to request that online, especially since they aren't in the preferred booking category.

Refurb is scheduled to be done summer 2021, so you should be good.

@chicagodisneyguy, i assume you have two confirmation numbers, one for each villa. So what you want is a “traveling with” notation to be placed on both reservations. If you’re the DVC owner, call, chat or email MS via the links on the member website, give them both reservation numbers, and ask for the “traveling with” notation. If you’re renting, the owner will need to do that for you. If you’re paying cash through Disney, call the reservations number and ask for the request to be added to your reservations.

And as PP noted, renovations will be complete before you get here. They’re working on the very last two buildings now.

Do we expect more inventory to become available like in November this year once all buildings are done or is it assumed Disney has already accounted for those rooms to be completed?

Hello! Does anyone have the June entertainment schedule (pool movies, crafts etc)? Thanks!

I'm renting points and the owner placed my request for Grandstand area. For online checkin it allows me to request Grandstand and other options. Should I do online checkin and request Grandstand again or just dont do online checkin. thanks

excited about staying in SSR

I'm renting points and the owner placed my request for Grandstand area. For online checkin it allows me to request Grandstand and other options. Should I do online checkin and request Grandstand again or just dont do online checkin. thanks

excited about staying in SSR
Don't fill in any request for online check in. Have fun!

ok, I pulled the trigger. I will be staying in a 2br standard villa June 21-28. Carousel is closed, right? That’s probably the only section I wouldn’t want. First time at SSR and I’m really excited!

ok, I pulled the trigger. I will be staying in a 2br standard villa June 21-28. Carousel is closed, right? That’s probably the only section I wouldn’t want. First time at SSR and I’m really excited!
Carousel is closed now, but I’m not sure when they’ll be finished and reopen, so you might want to request one of the other sections just in case 😉

How has bus transportation been lately. Read some reports on other threads of really extra bad bus service lately.

Just booked a night at SSR before a DCL cruise in September. I hope it sails, looking forward to seeing the refurbished SSR rooms! :goodvibes

How has bus transportation been lately. Read some reports on other threads of really extra bad bus service lately.
We just got back yesterday from a week at SSR. I have to admit the bus service was pretty bad. I’m usually not a big bus basher. It’s always been pretty good with the odd exception. But on this trip we had multiple long waits of over 30 minutes and a couple over 40 minutes. The longest were usually at times you might expect. Like midday.

The majority of our rides were typical and pretty short. It was just enough times to make you really plan further ahead than you might normally. Just in case.

We just got back yesterday from a week at SSR. I have to admit the bus service was pretty bad. I’m usually not a big bus basher. It’s always been pretty good with the odd exception. But on this trip we had multiple long waits of over 30 minutes and a couple over 40 minutes. The longest were usually at times you might expect. Like midday.

The majority of our rides were typical and pretty short. It was just enough times to make you really plan further ahead than you might normally. Just in case.
Was this both to & from the parks?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter