SSR Lovers and Owners Part 3

It sounds like self-serve kiosks to me - like many airports now have. Maybe they'll have access to park pass, dining, and fastpass+ (if it comes back) reservations, too.
Yes they will be doing check in on iPads. I was there in February and overheard a couple people in suits that work for Disney talking about the changes they were implementing.

OMG, you guys... its our first time at SSR; we checked in yesterday. We booked a standard room and I used Touring Plans to request a room in the Paddock area, with a little note added that it’s our first visit to SSR, we’re not doing parks this trip, and we can’t wait to spend lots of time hanging out at the resort and Disney Springs. Guess what? We got upgraded to preferred and are in the closest building to Disney Springs in Congress Park! And to top that off, here’s our view from room 1347 (3rd floor end room right next to stairs, too!). Pixie dust abounds! 🥰

C95BA104-D25A-4631-A32C-2EB86D121C8D.jpeg

OMG, you guys... its our first time at SSR; we checked in yesterday. We booked a standard room and I used Touring Plans to request a room in the Paddock area, with a little note added that it’s our first visit to SSR, we’re not doing parks this trip, and we can’t wait to spend lots of time hanging out at the resort and Disney Springs. Guess what? We got upgraded to preferred and are in the closest building to Disney Springs in Congress Park! And to top that off, here’s our view from room 1347 (3rd floor end room right next to stairs, too!). Pixie dust abounds! 🥰

View attachment 585185
Beautiful view! We check in to SSR on this coming Friday. We booked preferred and requested Congress Park. Hoping for something similar to what you ended up with! We've stayed in the Paddock section many times when we book standard and love that location....just for future reference. Enjoy your upgraded view!

I'll also be checking in this Friday, and also requested Congress Park. Building 1 is my favorite, and love the view to Springs. The best of the best for me is to get one of the 'private' balconies that has walls on two sides rather than dividers (which I believe 1347 is one of), so sitting out there reading a book or Kindle can be relaxing and private. Hope I get something similar for my 1-bedroom!

That's so cool hearing about the magical upgrades.

Only once have we ever received a room upgrade, and it was earlier this month at Boardwalk. Here's the setup... we had a pool room booked, but we hate overlooking a feature pool because we don't like the noise. SUDDENLY... a standard room opened up and we booked it! Then, we arrived at Boardwalk, and -- would you believe it -- we were given a free upgrade... to a Pool view. Hours of screaming children right outside our window. o_O At least the crazy clown slide was replaced, so we didn't have to look at that. 🤪

Anyway, to get back on topic. we love SSR (Members since 2011!), and can't wait to see the refurbished rooms. It's our favorite place to stay for Run Disney events, so they need to get some of those scheduled ASAP!

Arriving next week...can't wait! Can anyone there now post the July activity calendar if you see it please?

View attachment 585185
Wow, congrats!
I also used TP to request the southern-most building in The Paddock.

Now, after reading the first post here, I’m wondering if I should have picked The Grandstand instead!

That's so cool hearing about the magical upgrades.

Only once have we ever received a room upgrade, and it was earlier this month at Boardwalk. Here's the setup... we had a pool room booked, but we hate overlooking a feature pool because we don't like the noise. SUDDENLY... a standard room opened up and we booked it! Then, we arrived at Boardwalk, and -- would you believe it -- we were given a free upgrade... to a Pool view. Hours of screaming children right outside our window. o_O At least the crazy clown slide was replaced, so we didn't have to look at that. 🤪

Anyway, to get back on topic. we love SSR (Members since 2011!), and can't wait to see the refurbished rooms. It's our favorite place to stay for Run Disney events, so they need to get some of those scheduled ASAP!
We absolutely love the refurbished rooms!

I've admittedly stayed away from the Disney scene over the past 16 months as I found it a bit too difficult to focus on it. Now we're scheduled for a spur of the moment trip in August and I'm trying to bulk up on my Disney knowledge.

I saw now that there are security checkpoints at the Springs which I think is great. That said, we're staying in Congress Park by choice since it's close to the Springs and I was wondering if there was still an option of (a) getting into the Springs via the walkway, (b) if the walkway is open in the morning, and (c) can you still walk through the Springs early in the morning before things really open up? I remember a few years ago going to Wolfgang Puck Express for breakfast (RIP) and seeing folks jogging through the Springs. I'm not saying I'm going to be ambitious enough to jog in the heat of the Florida summer morning, but a brisk walk may have been on the agenda if this was still a possibility at 8am.

I've admittedly stayed away from the Disney scene over the past 16 months as I found it a bit too difficult to focus on it. Now we're scheduled for a spur of the moment trip in August and I'm trying to bulk up on my Disney knowledge.

I saw now that there are security checkpoints at the Springs which I think is great. That said, we're staying in Congress Park by choice since it's close to the Springs and I was wondering if there was still an option of (a) getting into the Springs via the walkway, (b) if the walkway is open in the morning, and (c) can you still walk through the Springs early in the morning before things really open up? I remember a few years ago going to Wolfgang Puck Express for breakfast (RIP) and seeing folks jogging through the Springs. I'm not saying I'm going to be ambitious enough to jog in the heat of the Florida summer morning, but a brisk walk may have been on the agenda if this was still a possibility at 8am.
Yes the walkway is open from CP. I’m not sure about what time they allow early entry, they do have some stores like Everglazed Doughnuts that are open at 09:00AM. So my guess 08:00 could be allowed. By the way the doughnuts there are delicious.

Yes the walkway is open from CP. I’m not sure about what time they allow early entry, they do have some stores like Everglazed Doughnuts that are open at 09:00AM. So my guess 08:00 could be allowed. By the way the doughnuts there are delicious.

Thanks! With Wolfgang Express closed, Everglazed is certainly on our list! Not too many other options there beyond Earl of Sandwich and Starbucks which is a shame. One of our favorite things was strolling to Wolfgang's early in the morning in an uncrowded Springs, sitting outside and enjoying a casual breakfast that wasn't a fast-food sandwich, and then taking a stroll around the shops before the chaos set in with the crowds. Honestly, of all the changes that happened over the months of the pandemic at Disney this may be the saddest change for us!

Thanks! With Wolfgang Express closed, Everglazed is certainly on our list! Not too many other options there beyond Earl of Sandwich and Starbucks which is a shame. One of our favorite things was strolling to Wolfgang's early in the morning in an uncrowded Springs, sitting outside and enjoying a casual breakfast that wasn't a fast-food sandwich, and then taking a stroll around the shops before the chaos set in with the crowds. Honestly, of all the changes that happened over the months of the pandemic at Disney this may be the saddest change for us!
Just a suggestion, but if you actually like to take a stroll in the morning for a good outdoor breakfast, take the walking path to Olivia's at OKW. You can sit outside (covered) or inside and they actually have a good, full breakfast. The eggs benedict is no longer on the menu but my wife loves the Bananna bread french toast. After b-fast you could either stroll back or take a bus to Springs. And did I mention Mimosa's?

Just a suggestion, but if you actually like to take a stroll in the morning for a good outdoor breakfast, take the walking path to Olivia's at OKW. You can sit outside (covered) or inside and they actually have a good, full breakfast. The eggs benedict is no longer on the menu but my wife loves the Bananna bread french toast. After b-fast you could either stroll back or take a bus to Springs. And did I mention Mimosa's?

Oh, interesting. I didn't realize there was a walking path to OKW for some reason. Definitely an option we'll likely partake in!

The path is actually the red line showed. That keeps you out of the way of the golfers. Once you get to the South OKW section you could continue walking or hop on any bus as they hit the Hospitality House before they leave for their final destination. Not a lighted path either but for breakfast it would be fine.

View attachment 587084

The path is actually the red line showed. That keeps you out of the way of the golfers. Once you get to the South OKW section you could continue walking or hop on any bus as they hit the Hospitality House before they leave for their final destination. Not a lighted path either but for breakfast it would be fine.

I was just going to go look up a map, but you beat me to it! Thanks!

I'm heading back to SSR in a couple of weeks and have requested Grandstand area which we really like. Have all of the buildings in this area had the refurb now? and are the boats running to DS yet? We stayed at OKW in March and really miss the boats.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter