SSR Lovers and Owners Part 3

Not opposed to the idea, didn't mind too much this time as it was only a couple of mornings and we ordered the latte's from Artist's Palette and they weren't as hot so with such a quick walk it was fine. However in Sept. we didnt shell out for a Preferred room so I'm assuming we won't be as close and since we love to rope drop at parks time is precious in the morning so making coffee in the room is probably a smart idea. But I will admit which might be a little embarrassing... I don't think I've ever made coffee in a drop coffee pot before!! I've always had a Keurig. I think I saw the packets in the room had a French Vanilla coffee so that would be fine, it's really just the cold coffee that is refreshing while down there in the heat (we're coming from CT).

Honestly if I were you, I would pack my own flavor coffee. That way you know you’re getting what you want and like.

Not opposed to the idea, didn't mind too much this time as it was only a couple of mornings and we ordered the latte's from Artist's Palette and they weren't as hot so with such a quick walk it was fine. However in Sept. we didnt shell out for a Preferred room so I'm assuming we won't be as close and since we love to rope drop at parks time is precious in the morning so making coffee in the room is probably a smart idea. But I will admit which might be a little embarrassing... I don't think I've ever made coffee in a drop coffee pot before!! I've always had a Keurig. I think I saw the packets in the room had a French Vanilla coffee so that would be fine, it's really just the cold coffee that is refreshing while down there in the heat (we're coming from CT).
Well, the little packets make it easy! Put one in the basket, put the amount of water you need, and push the button! We like our coffee strong, so we’d probably only make 4 cups with one of those packets, but other people add more water. I need my coffee in order to get ready to go in the morning, and it’s hard to wait as long as it would take to walk across the street! 🤣 PS we used to bring our single-cup Keurig as well as pods, but it can be hard to pack. Now we just bring our favorite ground coffee, and we keep filters in our Owners Locker.

Well, the little packets make it easy! Put one in the basket, put the amount of water you need, and push the button! We like our coffee strong, so we’d probably only make 4 cups with one of those packets, but other people add more water. I need my coffee in order to get ready to go in the morning, and it’s hard to wait as long as it would take to walk across the street! 🤣 PS we used to bring our single-cup Keurig as well as pods, but it can be hard to pack. Now we just bring our favorite ground coffee, and we keep filters in our Owners Locker.
It's funny you mention that because on day one we got there, and again this is our first trip as DVC and first time at SSR, we just put our bags in the room and head out to explore and be on vacation! First thing we see is another couple taking their stuff out of their car and we see a Keurig box for the machine and at the time we laughed thinking why pack a Keurig machine.... haha and now here I am thinking of it. But will probably just take your recommendation and make it in the room since I'm guessing they drove down and we're flying and gotta save as much room for souvenirs!

It's funny you mention that because on day one we got there, and again this is our first trip as DVC and first time at SSR, we just put our bags in the room and head out to explore and be on vacation! First thing we see is another couple taking their stuff out of their car and we see a Keurig box for the machine and at the time we laughed thinking why pack a Keurig machine.... haha and now here I am thinking of it. But will probably just take your recommendation and make it in the room since I'm guessing they drove down and we're flying and gotta save as much room for souvenirs!
Well, if you think you’ll continue visiting twice a year or more, you should consider an Owners Locker. DVC members get discounts! And a Keurig will fit nicely in that big purple tub. Check out this thread - somewhere in there is the link to the information on the DVC member website.

Hi SSR Lovers! We are coming down for our first stay at the end of June for three nights. We aren’t going to any parks this trip - we plan on a bunch of pool and Disney Springs time.

Usually we stay longer than three nights so we order water and beer from Garden Grocer, but for this short trip we are thinking we can just grab those things from the store onsite instead of paying delivery fees. Can anyone tell me if 12 or 24 packs of water and 6 packs of beer are available at the store? Thanks!

My husband got us a 6 pack of beer (Bud Light) a couple of weeks ago at Artist Pallette. Since I didn't get it personally I'm not sure of the other options, but they do have some at least.

I guess Grandstand has the closest building to the clubhouse. But I'd say the Springs has the next three closest, with the rest of Grandstand being at least as far and farther.
I keep looking at maps and you tube videos and I cannot find one that actually will show me distance from springs to clubhouse or from grandstand to the clubhouse. If I stay at Grandstand it is standard so it is cheaper. However, I don't know if there is a refillable mug station at grandstand? Also, will it be an incredible walk to Disney Springs? Is it super close to the main pool? I have never stayed here before and am overwhelmed at the numerous maps and size of resort. I find no problem with walking but just want to know I am not super far away.

I keep looking at maps and you tube videos and I cannot find one that actually will show me distance from springs to clubhouse or from grandstand to the clubhouse. If I stay at Grandstand it is standard so it is cheaper. However, I don't know if there is a refillable mug station at grandstand? Also, will it be an incredible walk to Disney Springs? Is it super close to the main pool? I have never stayed here before and am overwhelmed at the numerous maps and size of resort. I find no problem with walking but just want to know I am not super far away.
There are definitely many ways to get around. Below I've traced out the walkways from Grandstand and Springs buildings to the Clubhouse, also showing other parts of the main resort area. The closest grandstand building is the closest, but other buildings there seem to me to be a bit farther away from it all. Given the extra cost of the preferred Springs section, any chance of saved walking time might not be worth it to you. I do prefer to be closer to the pool and quick service food. I've also traced the walkways options to Disney Springs. What matters most here is where you are starting from, and which part of DS you want to go to. That's why Congress park is a Preferred choice for those who want the easiest access to DS. And the Springs section is perhaps second best with roughly equal walks to each end of DS.

There are definitely many ways to get around. Below I've traced out the walkways from Grandstand and Springs buildings to the Clubhouse, also showing other parts of the main resort area. The closest grandstand building is the closest, but other buildings there seem to me to be a bit farther away from it all. Given the extra cost of the preferred Springs section, any chance of saved walking time might not be worth it to you. I do prefer to be closer to the pool and quick service food. I've also traced the walkways options to Disney Springs. What matters most here is where you are starting from, and which part of DS you want to go to. That's why Congress park is a Preferred choice for those who want the easiest access to DS. And the Springs section is perhaps second best with roughly equal walks to each end of DS.
View attachment 578110

View attachment 578120
Thank you so much for this. The clubhouse is right behind the carriage house?

View attachment 578110

View attachment 578120
Seems like current consensus is that the green path to DS from behind carriage house is closed. I wonder if we’ve had recent confirmation of that?

Hi all, I am looking for to place a request on our first SSR DVC stay in October, we have a preferred 1 bdrm, i have tried the website where you can look at the different views but i havent managed to find one with a great Springs view, any tips or photos would be really appreciated!

Hi all, I am looking for to place a request on our first SSR DVC stay in October, we have a preferred 1 bdrm, i have tried the website where you can look at the different views but i havent managed to find one with a great Springs view, any tips or photos would be really appreciated!
I usually just tell them what I want - in your case, I’d say “great view of Disney Springs.” If you ask for a specific room number and it’s not available, they have no way of knowing why you wanted that room and just put you wherever.

I purchased an eight pack of water at Artist’s Palette. They were small bottles though, and we did not drink out of them. We poured the cold water into the provided cups in the room, and then immediately refilled the bottles with tap water and put them back in the fridge to chill. We never noticed a difference in taste.
The larger (normal sized) bottles were only sold separately.

There is a mug refill station for soda at the Grandstand pool.

I purchased an eight pack of water at Artist’s Palette. They were small bottles though, and we did not drink out of them. We poured the cold water into the provided cups in the room, and then immediately refilled the bottles with tap water and put them back in the fridge to chill. We never noticed a difference in taste.
The larger (normal sized) bottles were only sold separately.

Thanks… we actually don’t mind the tap water at Disney; I know a lot of people do… but figured we would buy some bottled if they have it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter