• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

SSR Lovers and Owners Part 3

We have a standard 2 bdrm for June 25-July2. Our online check in options are "The Grandstand," "Near Carriage House," or "Near Pool". I selected Near Carriage House thinking that would be the most convenient and we wouldn't have to deal with the refurb, but with the bus situation, does anyone think Grandstand would be the better bet?

Does anyone know if SSR is one of the locations that can refill their own mugs at the drink station. We are going in 12 days (nope I'm not counting at all)! I just want to be prepared if we will have to lug them around just to get a paper cup.

Thanks!

We have a standard 2 bdrm for June 25-July2. Our online check in options are "The Grandstand," "Near Carriage House," or "Near Pool". I selected Near Carriage House thinking that would be the most convenient and we wouldn't have to deal with the refurb, but with the bus situation, does anyone think Grandstand would be the better bet?

I would go with Grandstand. The bus situation is the main reason, plus depending on which building you get, you may actually be closer to the Carriage House than other sections.

I usually do Grandstand and near Carriage House, It has put me in the 8501 Building each time with a very short walk over to the Carriage house and main pool.

Hi! I'm currently in the process of buying two resale contracts at SSR. Is there anywhere where you can preview the new refurbished rooms? (From what I understand, the preview center only has Copper Creek and Riviera preview rooms?)

Hi! I'm currently in the process of buying two resale contracts at SSR. Is there anywhere where you can preview the new refurbished rooms? (From what I understand, the preview center only has Copper Creek and Riviera preview rooms?)
You can check out the video tours on youtube. Just search there. There are some really good, comprehensive tours to be found.

Currently if you go to SSR there’s a desk in the lobby and a guide who will tell you the room number for an unoccupied room to tour. We did that this past week at a different resort. I believe SSR is doing a Grand Villa tour and a 1 Bedroom tour. If you want to tour a treehouse you can do that too but you have to call ahead.

Currently if you go to SSR there’s a desk in the lobby and a guide who will tell you the room number for an unoccupied room to tour. We did that this past week at a different resort. I believe SSR is doing a Grand Villa tour and a 1 Bedroom tour. If you want to tour a treehouse you can do that too but you have to call ahead.

Great, thanks!

Which buildings in the grandstand section are the best to request?? We are staying there for a week starting on the 18th. We love to stay in the grandstand but I think there are a couple of preferred buildings as far as requests go. Thanks!!!!

We are considering a 75 point add on here but I won't buy anywhere without staying there first, so we just added on 2 nights to our July trip! 1 bedroom standard, I requested Paddock area near the pool for the kids.

How does that sound? No parks, that's for the BLT portion of the trip, planning on going to the Space Center and just poking around DS. We'll have a car.

Thanks for posting the room tours, that helped a lot! It's a beautiful resort.

Here with the Ears has done a whole slew of room tours including all sizes of remodeled rooms at SSR.

Studio:

1 bedroom:

2 bedroom:

Grand Villa:
Now I'm even more excited about our June stay.

I just hope that someone has told them that the picture of horses wearing hats at the entrance is from Disney's cartoon "Johnny Fedora" - I guess they're too young to have seen it!

Now I'm even more excited about our June stay.

I just hope that someone has told them that the picture of horses wearing hats at the entrance is from Disney's cartoon "Johnny Fedora" - I guess they're too young to have seen it!
It's mentioned in another video after they saw the comments.

What part of SSR is closest to the golf course? I originally wanted to stay in CP but I think it’s the farthest away.

What part of SSR is closest to the golf course? I originally wanted to stay in CP but I think it’s the farthest away.
You're right, CP is nowhere near the golf course. The Springs section would generally be closest to the clubhouse. But if you want golf course views, go with Grandstand. It's surrounded by fairways and is also pretty close to the clubhouse.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter