• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

SSR Lovers and Owners Part 3

I wasn't aware of this so-called nature path, which looks as if it may be an option. It does appear to go right through the golf course, which could be an issue in terms of avoiding the golfers and flying golf balls. I wonder if it's a cart path. It might be good to check with SSR to be sure that this is in fact intended to be a pedestrian path. If it is, you may be good to go.

The roads around WDW aren't built for pedestrians - traffic is heavy and there aren't sidewalks or crosswalks. It would really be quite unsafe to try to walk even that short distance. I think a taxi or Uber would be your best and safest option.

Looking at Google Maps, looks like there is a walking path that Google calls the Saratoga Springs Nature Path. So looks completely doable. There is definitely a golf cart path. Never done this, so no first hand knowledge. And, Florida is all relatively flat.

I wasn't aware of this so-called nature path, which looks as if it may be an option. It does appear to go right through the golf course, which could be an issue in terms of avoiding the golfers and flying golf balls. I wonder if it's a cart path. It might be good to check with SSR to be sure that this is in fact intended to be a pedestrian path. If it is, you may be good to go.

Thanks all for the info. I certainly don't have a problem booking a cab, I was worried they would not want to take the trip with such a small fare involved/short distance. I'll continue to research and worse case ask upon arrival.

There definitely is a pedestrian path between SSR and OKW. It is only open dawn to dusk. It is open to pedestrians, though there are places where it intersects with cart paths. There is a photo tour of it in the OKW->SSR direction here:
http://www.mousesteps.com/wdw-resor...from-the-hospitality-house-to-downtown-disney

The nature path part starts about halfway down after many OKW photos.

Thanks for the link. The pictures were helpful. I appreciate the info.

We just booked a stay but are not owners. I read reviews and found something about how wonderful the daily mousekeeping was. However, it seems here that costs extra. Is there a difference between a regular customer booking vs DVC owner? What can I expect? Will I have to pay extra if we run out of towels?
There are a TON of towels in the rooms. Obviously it depends on the size of the party and the room size. But the one-bedrooms and above also have a washer and dryer in the unit, you can just bring some detergent.

There definitely is a pedestrian path between SSR and OKW. It is only open dawn to dusk. It is open to pedestrians, though there are places where it intersects with cart paths. There is a photo tour of it in the OKW->SSR direction here:
http://www.mousesteps.com/wdw-resor...from-the-hospitality-house-to-downtown-disney

The nature path part starts about halfway down after many OKW photos.

I both ran it from OKW to SSR and Disney Springs and back plus rode bikes from OKW to SSR with my wife. Great little path.

Just back - stayed in 1301 which is the very last room on the south east edge of Disney property. room was Ok; the bathroom needed a little work. It was truly far from the lobby but we could be in Disney Springs in seconds.

Just back - stayed in 1301 which is the very last room on the south east edge of Disney property. room was Ok; the bathroom needed a little work. It was truly far from the lobby but we could be in Disney Springs in seconds.
Which section where you in?, If you don't mind me asking.

We just stayed in 4712, a studio in the furthest Paddock building from Disney Springs. It was super convenient to the Carousel bus stop. My son wasn't feeling well this trip, and it was really easy to hop on any bus and head over to the Springs pool and Artist's Pallete. Our room was absolutely spotless. I was doing all these crazy body weight exercises all over the room, mostly on the floor, including under the sink, and it was all super clean!! I'm used to seeing at least something grubby or mold somewhere in the bathroom, but this time I'm happy to report things were great!

Hello I can't wait to go home to SSR in May its been sooooo long since our last visit. Could I ask a question about going to the water parks from SSR. We won't have a car. Previous trips (Way back) we've always used the Disney bus - think the animal kingdom bus also went to BB and the DTD bus also went to TL. However I've read that the buses don't go to the water parks any more? Is this true? How would I get there using disney transportation? Thanks

Which section where you in?, If you don't mind me asking.

Congress Park in the last building; close to Disney Springs and the bus stop was not bad - good hike to the lobby and no place for drinks close by.

Congress Park in the last building; close to Disney Springs and the bus stop was not bad - good hike to the lobby and no place for drinks close by.
Theres no refill station over there? What about food ?

Question about the balconies in the two bedroom:

Is the balcony shared in either the dedicated or lock-off two bedroom? In all the videos I've watched it looks like it's a separate balcony for both the main living area and the bedroom but some online floor plans suggest that the balcony might be shared.

Thanks!

Hello I can't wait to go home to SSR in May its been sooooo long since our last visit. Could I ask a question about going to the water parks from SSR. We won't have a car. Previous trips (Way back) we've always used the Disney bus - think the animal kingdom bus also went to BB and the DTD bus also went to TL. However I've read that the buses don't go to the water parks any more? Is this true? How would I get there using disney transportation? Thanks
Just bumping- anyone? Thanks

Just bumping- anyone? Thanks
Hey I don't know for absolute sure because we do not normally do water parks, but I can't believe there are no Disney transportation buses from SSR to the water parks. If I recall, the Disney Springs bus would also stop at TL. I'll help you bump this. Anyone heard anything new about transport from the resorts (especially SSR) to the water parks?

No more direct bus services to the Water Parks. You have to take a bus to Animal Kingdom for Blizzard Beach or Disney Springs for Typhoon Lagoon, then get off, transfer buses and then you'll reach your destination. Same applies for the way back. Makes you stop and wonder if it is worth the trouble.

I was just given a quote with for a studio with a 30% off pin. I have never stayed at SSR and I have some concerns since I can't seem to find much on Disboards. It will be myself 48, DH 46, boys 14 and 10. We have stayed at POP and Animal Kingdom Lodge, but this is our first DVC property. The studio is "preferred" in the Paddock section. Any tips or suggestions are appreciated.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter