SSR Lovers and Owners Part 3

Got our official welcome home letter today for SSR, So I feel we are now official owners! Cannot wait for trip number one as DVC members :D
Well done, you did a good deal buying SSR resale, yours seems to have taken a long time to come through though.Did you get your magnets with the letter? Mine's on the fridge.

we are not owners, but loved our first stay and booked to stay again next year! Joining so I can follow up on news

Well done, you did a good deal buying SSR resale, yours seems to have taken a long time to come through though.Did you get your magnets with the letter? Mine's on the fridge.

We didn't get magnets, just a little A4 letter with out membership number. Maybe internationals don't get them. I just want to book now :D Get me back to Congress Park!

I'm almost 100% sure I've asked this before but I can't remember or find it, so please forgive me.

We will be a party of 10. 2 under 3. Can we fit in 2 studios? I understand it will be cramped and what not, but we only stay in the rooms overnight, otherwise we aren't there at all.

Just trying to get a grip on the size of this place. If you were to walk from one end to the other, how many minutes do you estimate it would take? Or would it take like as far as the Main gate at Epcot to The American Adventure? Or is that too far?

We didn't get magnets, just a little A4 letter with out membership number. Maybe internationals don't get them. I just want to book now :D Get me back to Congress Park!
I got them in Feb. I'm in UK. They came with a second welcome letter. You should get it soon.

Last edited:

Just trying to get a grip on the size of this place. If you were to walk from one end to the other, how many minutes do you estimate it would take? Or would it take like as far as the Main gate at Epcot to The American Adventure? Or is that too far?
I would say 10 mins.

I think it is about a 10 minute walk to the Carriage House from the far side of Congress Park. So to walk further to the Treehouse Villas could be 20 minutes. But usually you would only be walking 10 minutes as you can get a water taxi to DS from the Carriage House or walk from the Congress Park bus stop to the DS bridge and into the Marketplace in 10 minutes. Or you could take SSR's internal bus to another section, or sometimes a Disney park bus depending on where you are staying. The whole resort might be 1 mile square as a crow flies, but no more than 1.5 - 2 miles walking anywhere using sidewalks but these estimated figures are out to the public roads using google maps.

We just booked SSR for the first time. Can someone tell me which order the buses pick up? We booked preferred, but if that's the last pick up, I'll switch to standard.

Bus Transportation
BeautyOfSSR-120.jpg

SSR does not share buses with other resorts. Buses to/from SSR will stop only at Saratoga Springs. There are five internal stops on the theme park bus route, corresponding with the five sections of the main resort.

All theme park buses follow the same route. Theme Park -> Grandstand -> Carousel -> Paddock -> Congress Park -> Springs -> Theme Park

SSRThemeParkBusMap2.png

The Downtown Disney bus does not follow this same route. It starts at the Springs, then stops at the other four internal bus stops before departing the resort to head to Downtown Disney. This allows you to use the Downtown Disney bus as transportation back to your villa if you're at the High Rock Spring Pool or Carriage House and are staying in one of the sections that's not close to this area of the resort. The Downtown Disney bus route is DTD -> Springs -> Grandstand -> Carousel -> Paddock -> Congress Park -> DTD.
We just booked SSR for the first time. Can someone tell me which order the buses pick up? We booked preferred, but if that's the last pick up, I'll switch to standard.

Route is Theme Park --> Grandstand --> Carousel --> Paddock --> Congress Park --> The Springs --> Theme Park. Recently, Disney has been changing the way the Disney Springs buses have been running through the resort, and Disney has also added an internal resort shuttle.

Maybe someone here can verify the routes of the Disney Springs bus and/or the Internal Shuttle in its most current form?

Buses go to tree houses, grandstand, carousel, paddock, congress park, and carriage house Then the loop repeats....aboit 20 mins.

Last edited:
Just put a down payment on 100 points! Brand new to DVC. We are soooo excited. Happy Anniversary Honey (and christmans, and birthday, .....(for the next several years))

Buses go to tree houses, grandstand, carousel, paddock, congress park, and carriage house Then the loop repeats....aboit 20 mins.

You have to catch the Treehouse bus at the Springs stop. It is a dedicated bus that only runs between Springs & Treehouse Villas.

SSR is our home resort since 2006. We were there last week; bus service was inconsistent. There were several times when the bus we needed took 45-60 minutes.

Was the Internal Shuttle servicing all 7 stops? Also was there a bus to Disney Springs?

The Internal Shuttle is the Disney Springs bus! It arrives at The Springs (carriage house) the first time as "Internal Shuttle", then its sign says "Disney Springs" as it proceeds to the next stops - Grandstand, Carousel, Paddock, Congress Park, and back to The Springs! After its second stop at The Springs, it's on the way to Disney Springs!

I hope I didn't just confuse you, but the only time you will see a bus stating "Internal Shuttle" is if you are at The Springs. There is an entirely different bus for the THV which only runs between The Springs and the Treehouse Villas.

We're in th closing process of SSR, really excited about it. What are the chances for a January trip , for THV to be available.

Congratulations and Welcome Home!

The Treehouse Villas usually book up quickly. SSR owners can book at 11 months out; owners at other resorts can book them at 7 months. Two things in your favor are that you are still outside the 7-month window so you're only competing with SSR owners; and January tends to be one of the "slower" months -- although it's still pretty popular! ;)

If your dates are unavailable, you can "wait list" although I don't know what the success rate is for THVs that are wait-listed. Obviously, the shorter the stay, the better the chances!

we stayed in building 85-88 which is actually the same building but different floor numbers. you walk out the side and you are basically at the pro shop, a little further ( maybe .1 mile) you are at the boat for DTD plus you are real close to the carriage house. I loved that building. to me that is more convenient than the springs because you don't have to cross a main road with traffic.

Hi. I want to call today to note my request, arriving on Wednesday.
Are you commenting that Building 85-88 is the Grandstand Building? I want to make sure I request Grandstand and then the building number.
What would be my second choice.

Thank you so much and thank you all!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter