SSR Lovers and Owners Part 3

Compare your photo to the floor diagrams on the first page. Moving far left to right, let's look at the second floor (floor diagram is flipped, so we'll move right to left there)...

View attachment 567992
View attachment 567993
  • The first angled boxed in balcony is studio ending in x247.
  • The next boxed in balcony is half of the 1BR x245, with a non-balcony window blocked by trees.
  • The next three window bays (one blocked by trees, one huge window, and another without balcony), those are all for the grand villa x241.
  • 2BR x235 is then blocked by trees.
  • Now we come to your arrows and the turret balconies. Along with the two windows on either side, those make up the 2BR x227.
  • The next non-balcony window plus the first boxed in balcony is for the 1BR x225.
  • Then there's a boxed in studio x223.

The rest of the building continues off the right side of the photo. So you're actually seeing only half the building, and yes it looks like a lot of window, but they all correspond to 12 different villas across the back, water-facing side of each building.

Hope that helps.
Oh my goodness, thank you so much! SUPER helpful!! That simple diagram is very deceiving!

Leaving in a couple of days and need to know...
Did the refurb change the coffee pot? Is it still a drip maker using filters and loose coffee grounds or did they change it to a keurig or some other pod type?

Thanks in advance

Leaving in a couple of days and need to know...
Did the refurb change the coffee pot? Is it still a drip maker using filters and loose coffee grounds or did they change it to a keurig or some other pod type?

Thanks in advance
Just got my answer, Saw a video review from DVCFan and it shows a traditional drip coffee pot. Just needed to know to bring filters and buy coffee.

View attachment 568976
Has anyone taken this walkway to the west side of Disney Springs?
What do you want to know about it?

Some FAQs: It’s theoretically only open during the day as it is isn’t officially considered to be lit at night. It is open during COVID and there is a spot for doing temperature checks over there as you walk over.

What do you want to know about it?

Some FAQs: It’s theoretically only open during the day as it is isn’t officially considered to be lit at night. It is open during COVID and there is a spot for doing temperature checks over there as you walk over.
Sorry should have been more clear. I wasn't sure if it was open to the public since it's close to the golf course. Also I completely forgot a temperature check. Is it a big time saver to use that if you're in the paddock or grandstand? Thanks for the info!

I know this is quite subjective but any recent reports on the bus frequency or any issues? Trying to decide whether we'll need a car during our upcoming stay. If we would need to walk to the first bus stop every time in order to get on a bus, we'd probably rather have a car.

We just wrapped up our trip to WDW with a stay at AKL. I recently (February) purchased 150 points at SSR resale. Buoyed by my points posting in my DVC account last Friday, I dragged my wife and brother, and sister-in-law to SSR to get a first-hand view of the new rooms.

My wife was really on the fence about SSR, she had a hard time visioning the rooms. From the first moment, we stepped through the doorway of the SSR models my wife told me 'great job picking this resort for us.'

We also toured the Rivera models - also beautiful. But we all agreed we liked the SSR a little more. Granted not a fair comparison looking at a Riveria model at SSR.

I'm now itching to book a stay… maybe in the fall!!!

New SSR owners here. My first question is what are some room request people give for trying to stay in Congress Park. Do you request CP only or some combo of CP with Disney Springs view, closest to DS walkway etc. All comments and suggestions welcome.

Following. Been to WDW many times but in Oct we will be staying at SSR for the first time! Rented points. Seemed like a good fit since this trip will be less about parks (only 2 park days) and more about doing non-park things. DH and DS29 are avid golfers and have played the WDW courses in the past but are doing two 18 hole rounds on THIS visit.
I'm a planner so I will be reading through this thread with interest.

New SSR owners here. My first question is what are some room request people give for trying to stay in Congress Park. Do you request CP only or some combo of CP with Disney Springs view, closest to DS walkway etc. All comments and suggestions welcome.
I suggest sending your request via Chat or email through the Member website, so you can clearly state the priority order of your desires. For instance, "First of all, we'd like to be in Congress Park, and if so, a villa as close to the DS walkway as possible would be wonderful." That way they know what you want the most. The fewer requests you have, the more likely they'll be fulfilled.

Our first stay at SSR is coming up in June, but it will be Standard and I couldn't decide which of the three sections I wanted, so I simply requested a "water view" which gives them a lot of possibilities to work with.

Our first stay is coming up in June too! So excited! We are staying standard as well, and after stalking this thread and the SSR map we decided to request a certain building, 8501-8836, in the Grandstand. We requested over the chat feature. I’m hoping this is close enough for my kids to easily walk to high rock springs pool, and close enough to the first bus stop to appease my husband’s desire to be on the first bus. I’ll let you know if we get it!

Girls trip 9/23-26! This will be my third time staying at SSR since becoming a DVC owner in 2014. Coming for Food & Wine and celebrating my friends 50th birthday 🥳 Three ladies in a preferred two bedroom (I had points expiring so went all out) requested CP. Very excited to see the refurbished rooms.

What are your favorite pools at SSR for grown ups?

Our first stay is coming up in June too! So excited! We are staying standard as well, and after stalking this thread and the SSR map we decided to request a certain building, 8501-8836, in the Grandstand. We requested over the chat feature. I’m hoping this is close enough for my kids to easily walk to high rock springs pool, and close enough to the first bus stop to appease my husband’s desire to be on the first bus. I’ll let you know if we get it!
For future SSR stays, this will be our request as well. DS ended up not being a big draw for us, and we would have preferred to be close to the carriage house.

Following. Been to WDW many times but in Oct we will be staying at SSR for the first time! Rented points. Seemed like a good fit since this trip will be less about parks (only 2 park days) and more about doing non-park things. DH and DS29 are avid golfers and have played the WDW courses in the past but are doing two 18 hole rounds on THIS visit.
I'm a planner so I will be reading through this thread with interest.

We also own at SSR and my DH and I play a lot of golf when we’re there. Generally, I”ll make a request to stay the the Grandstand, which is considered standard not preferred, in the 2 buildings closest to pool. It’s a short walk to the Pro Shop as well as the fitness center. We also use to walk to Disney Springs West side by walking by the Pro Shop, cross the bridge, walk by the 1st hole and putting green and thru the parking lot (not sure you can do this now because of COVID and the temperature checks for Disney Springs). Also, we would just leave our Clubs at the Pro Shop and if we play the other Disney golf courses (Magnolia, Palms or Oak Trail) we would tell them what day and they would transport the clubs over there for us (not sure if they‘ll do this anymore because of COVID). We do have an annual pass, but as you can tell the parks are not our primary focus. There are times we do go to the parks and we’ll come back around 3pm and we’ll try to dash out to play 9 holes. For us, that’s the benefit of staying at SSR.

We also own at SSR and my DH and I play a lot of golf when we’re there. Generally, I”ll make a request to stay the the Grandstand, which is considered standard not preferred, in the 2 buildings closest to pool. It’s a short walk to the Pro Shop as well as the fitness center. We also use to walk to Disney Springs West side by walking by the Pro Shop, cross the bridge, walk by the 1st hole and putting green and thru the parking lot (not sure you can do this now because of COVID and the temperature checks for Disney Springs). Also, we would just leave our Clubs at the Pro Shop and if we play the other Disney golf courses (Magnolia, Palms or Oak Trail) we would tell them what day and they would transport the clubs over there for us (not sure if they‘ll do this anymore because of COVID). We do have an annual pass, but as you can tell the parks are not our primary focus. There are times we do go to the parks and we’ll come back around 3pm and we’ll try to dash out to play 9 holes. For us, that’s the benefit of staying at SSR.
Great tips! Passing these on to DH and DS. Thanks so much!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter