SSR Lovers and/or Owners Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey neighbors we just joined the DVC (2 days ago) and SSR is our "Home". Just got all the lovely paperwork today can't wait to start filling it all out....:rolleyes: I have already made reservations for November 17-24, 2007 and can't wait to check it out in person. Love this thread!!

We have been SSR fans and owners since we purchased in 2004 and did our first visit in 2005. We also purchased without so much as a tour. We were so impressed with all our other Disney experiences that we knew it couldn't be bad. The introductory price along with the 12 additional years were such a bargain. Still loving it and no regrets :woohoo: :grouphug: . this year we're trying BWV, but thats part of the fun of DVC ownership.:goodvibes

I don't know if it's true or just a rumor. But I read that the pool they are building in the new Grandstand section is supposed to be similar to SAB. Wouldn't that be great, 2 or 3 quiet pools, High Rock Springs and something similar to SAB.

Now that would change things in order of preference. And unlike SAB there's no competition from CRO-only hotel guests.

We bought last May after having toured and stayed at Marriott's the last few years. Originally, I thought we'd just stay at all the other resorts and enjoy on-site privileges. But after staying at SSR in December, I find I like that resort best. It's good for a stroll, has lots of interesting places and is a stone's throw from DTD.

I'm headed back in May and October this year. I'm not even thinking of trying to stay elsewhere.

Only thing I don't get is all the badmouthing the resort enjoyed on Dis last year.

:yay:

Great thread, and fabulous pictures! Was just home in the second week of January. It was wonderful:

Here's my pics of a one bedroom:

181040.jpg

181124.jpg

181148.jpg

181229.jpg

I had forgotten how big the rooms were! I just loved it. It really did feel like home. Next time no parks, just the resort! :rotfl:

a BIG "thank you" to mamaprincess for starting this wonderful thread (1st one I've subscribed to! :) ) I :love: all of the gorgeous pictures of SSR. We bought this past August with an add-on in September. Our 1st trip home is in July (so maybe we'll see you, Wltdsnyfan!) and this thread and the pictures are making me want to get on the 1st plane out tomorrow! :cloud9:

Wow!!!:banana: Welcome Home everyone! There are so many wonderful new pictures! Looks like some meets are going to happen. It's awesome seeing all of you SSR Lovers here. It's going to be awesome getting to know all of you.

I've heard from a CM at SSR on my last trip that the Grandstand Pool is going to be modeled after a race track! I can't wait to see how that concept is brought to life. I haven't heard anything about the new restaraunt. If anyone has any information about this please share. I really love High Rock Springs pool and so do my DDs. It never seems crowded and the themeing is lovely. Love the zero depth entry. I have yet to eat at the Turf Club because we tend to stick to really kiddy sort of restaraunts but we have every intention on getting some adult time in on our next trip over the Thanksgiving holiday of 07.

SSR keeps getting better. DVC is completely wonderful and each resort has so much beauty and charm. :cloud9:

Wow!!!:banana: Welcome Home everyone! There are so many wonderful new pictures! Looks like some meets are going to happen. It's awesome seeing all of you SSR Lovers here. It's going to be awesome getting to know all of you.

I've heard from a CM at SSR on my last trip that the Grandstand Pool is going to be modeled after a race track! I can't wait to see how that concept is brought to life. I haven't heard anything about the new restaraunt. If anyone has any information about this please share. I really love High Rock Springs pool and so do my DDs. It never seems crowded and the themeing is lovely. Love the zero depth entry. I have yet to eat at the Turf Club because we tend to stick to really kiddy sort of restaraunts but we have every intention on getting some adult time in on our next trip over the Thanksgiving holiday of 07.

SSR keeps getting better. DVC is completely wonderful and each resort has so much beauty and charm. :cloud9:

Mamaprincess,

We ate twice with the boys at the Turf Club over Thanksgiving. Both times we were in there(lunch when we arrived and a dinner) just about every table had kids at it, though I would guess they were on the older side preK and up. Don't know the age of your kids, mine are 10 & 5 and they are use to going out to eat at places without plastic trays.

I wouldn't waste a parents only dinner at the Turf Club, it was alright. We're going to do either Artist Point at VL, Flying Fish(though kids are bigger fish eaters than DH) or one of the places at GF. VL and GF have the kids places where they babysit and serve dinner, DVC members get a discount!

Mamaprincess,

We ate twice with the boys at the Turf Club over Thanksgiving. Both times we were in there(lunch when we arrived and a dinner) just about every table had kids at it, though I would guess they were on the older side preK and up. Don't know the age of your kids, mine are 10 & 5 and they are use to going out to eat at places without plastic trays.

I think I read on a recent trip report that they started doing "horse races" for the kids at TC on the hour?

I think I read on a recent trip report that they started doing "horse races" for the kids at TC on the hour?

They weren't doing that at Thanksgiving, but younger DS would have liked that.

If they don't get the "improved" kids menu, I think we'll just skip TC and head over to DTD. Kids loved HOB and I already have WPC booked for our May trip(has to have the best looking kids IMHO).

From reading all of these wonderful messages I swear I will be staying at a whole new resort next time. There was so much of SSR that we missed last month. We never got to eat at the Turf Club and it was too darn cold to swim in the pools. We did walk to the boat dock one night to take the boat to the Marketplace. That was nice but what a hike that was. Whew! The walk over from Congress Park was so quick I was amazed.

I have a question though. I saw above that someone posted that the path from CP to DTD left off at the Rainforest Cafe. Did I read that right? We always ended up at the entrance by the Marketplace bus stops. Were we using the wrong pathway? I mean is there even a shorter one from Congress Park? For our trip in october we have requested a view of DTD. Are there views of that in sections other than Congress Park?

And welcome to all the new posters here.:grouphug: This thread is terrific. The photos are gorgeous. I am so envious of all of you getting ready for your first trip. You are going to be blown away.

Okay since I am still stuck inside the house I have finally downloaded all of my old pictures that were on my yahoo photo site to my computer so I could upload them into photobucket and post them here. I was never able to get them to post from the yahoo site. I have a lot of pics of SSR from 2004 when I took a tour of the resort & of the pool in 2005 when we pool hopped. Some of them may be a little small. I'm not sure why.

I will start now by posting some room shots.

5b21.jpg

9f3e.jpg

94e1.jpg

a8c5.jpg

b7af.jpg

d37a.jpg

f1ac.jpg

fa2e.jpg

Lori

A couple of views from the window:

92a4.jpg

e79c.jpg

Some outdoor shots:
6ce7.jpg

9197.jpg

eaf7.jpg

fad0.jpg

Lori

P.S. I don't know why one pic is showing up as a link. I tried to fix it, took a pic of & moved some around but the top one is still showing up as a link! Sorry!

And here a some pics of the pool. There are a lot of these so I won't bore you with all of them!:rotfl2:

65eb.jpg

ce7b.jpg

d3c1.jpg

e2da.jpg

Lori

And my favorite pics, the kids in the Donald play area:

d38c.jpg

3b98re2.jpg

62bdre2.jpg

f22ere2.jpg

cf2bre2.jpg

7b54re2.jpg

I hope you enjoyed them. There are a lot more of the pool but that gives you an idea!

Lori

Thank you all for posting the pictures!!! I love looking at them---they are so much better than looking at standard brochures shots, KWIM?

Thanks Loribell for the pictures. We didn't get in the pool at Thanksgiving, too cold for the DS's(that was their opinion not mine). Looking forward to it on our May trip.

Thanks Loribell for the pictures. We didn't get in the pool at Thanksgiving, too cold for the DS's(that was their opinion not mine). Looking forward to it on our May trip.

I didn't take any pictures of the pool during our Christmas trip but we were in it. The evening of the 26th & 27 and then during the day on the 28th & 29th. Both nights the temps were in the 40's but the pool felt great. We took clothes down with us to cover up after we swam and the walk back wasn't even bad. Now on the 28th they did something to the temp and it wasn't nearly as comfortable from then on, even though the daytime temp was in the high 70's! To bad the boys didn't want to try it out.

Lori

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter