Spouse/SO

DH was doing his Infectious Disease fellowship at Tulane, and had to come to Chicago for a conference. He'd never been. A friend of mine from Chicago had recently relocated to New Orleans, and was friends with DH when they worked on the NO/AIDS task force together. He suggested DH look me up, just to talk to someone. I had my Goodman Theatre tix the night he arrived, so I invited him. To a play about syphillis! (Miss Evers Boys, superb.) He was in town for a whole week, and we saw each other every day that week. The rest is history. That was in 1991, 32 years ago; we joke that that's 224 years in Gay Years! We had a "commitment ceremony" in December, 1995, and were finally married in December 2014.

DH was doing his Infectious Disease fellowship at Tulane, and had to come to Chicago for a conference. He'd never been. A friend of mine from Chicago had recently relocated to New Orleans, and was friends with DH when they worked on the NO/AIDS task force together. He suggested DH look me up, just to talk to someone. I had my Goodman Theatre tix the night he arrived, so I invited him. To a play about syphillis! (Miss Evers Boys, superb.) He was in town for a whole week, and we saw each other every day that week. The rest is history. That was in 1991, 32 years ago; we joke that that's 224 years in Gay Years! We had a "commitment ceremony" in December, 1995, and were finally married in December 2014.
So I did the laughing emoji, but it's the heart ❤️ too.

@Pea-n-Me you are always so kind and thoughtful.

Wow...Some people just thrive on being a killjoy, so whatever...they wanna be miserable and negative, just let them.

@eksmama01 Happy for you!🥰
When I was younger, it didn't strike me as much as now that I am extremely lucky to have found my husband. As I got older, I realized besides the things he does for me, the biggest gift I got from our relationship is that, he let me be who I am completely, from day 1! We both need our freedom, from dating to marriage, we never suppressed each other's lifestyle and that's very precious to me, because I know that's not a given in all relationships.

Wow...Some people just thrive on being a killjoy, so whatever...they wanna be miserable and negative, just let them.

@eksmama01 Happy for you!🥰
When I was younger, it didn't strike me as much as now that I am extremely lucky to have found my husband. As I got older, I realized besides the things he does for me, the biggest gift I got from our relationship is that, he let me be who I am completely, from day 1! We both need our freedom, from dating to marriage, we never suppressed each other's lifestyle and that's very precious to me, because I know that's not a given in all relationships.
what! @MsChristy12 she's baaaccccccckk. 😘

@eksmama01 I love this thread it’s so nice to hear about everyone’s love stories.

My husband and I met in high school I was 15 and he was 18. His brother was in my class but he was annoying 🤪. My friend had a class with my husband and introduced us. My locker was right outside his first class of the morning so we would run into each other all the time. He later said he noticed me when I was a freshman because I was one of few girls that didn’t go for a generic sexy Halloween costume to school but showed up in a long Victorian style dress I found at a thrift store and covered it in blood and painted my face like a bloody corpse. Our first date was to the school play and the rest is history. It’s been 28 years and three kids later and we are still in love. He is a wonderful husband and father and I’m so lucky we found each other so young and have made a wonderful life together.

@eksmama01 I love this thread it’s so nice to hear about everyone’s love stories.

My husband and I met in high school I was 15 and he was 18. His brother was in my class but he was annoying 🤪. My friend had a class with my husband and introduced us. My locker was right outside his first class of the morning so we would run into each other all the time. He later said he noticed me when I was a freshman because I was one of few girls that didn’t go for a generic sexy Halloween costume to school but showed up in a long Victorian style dress I found at a thrift store and covered it in blood and painted my face like a bloody corpse. Our first date was to the school play and the rest is history. It’s been 28 years and three kids later and we are still in love. He is a wonderful husband and father and I’m so lucky we found each other so young and have made a wonderful life together.
Now if @john7994 would share his, we might almost be complete lol

Statistically, I’m sure the odds were against us.

Back in the beginning ages of chat rooms, he “im”ed me and we met in person later that week. He lived almost 2 hours away at the time. Three months later we were married and six months after that we had our first child. Yes, I know the math.

We probably would have actually married sooner but I wasn’t divorced from my second husband yet.

He is my very best friend and soulmate - 27 years this year. Add in a few special needs kids and odds were against us. I feel more blessed every single day. He will always bring the shovel for me at 3 AM without question. He makes me laugh. We have awesome adventures together. He’s the best dad. He’ll always take care of our family. He makes my heart flutter.

Statistically, I’m sure the odds were against us.

Back in the beginning ages of chat rooms, he “im”ed me and we met in person later that week. He lived almost 2 hours away at the time. Three months later we were married and six months after that we had our first child. Yes, I know the math.

We probably would have actually married sooner but I wasn’t divorced from my second husband yet.

He is my very best friend and soulmate - 27 years this year. Add in a few special needs kids and odds were against us. I feel more blessed every single day. He will always bring the shovel for me at 3 AM without question. He makes me laugh. We have awesome adventures together. He’s the best dad. He’ll always take care of our family. He makes my heart flutter.
I LOVE THIS

... Met 1956 in 1st Grade *a girl = YUCK* :scared:
... Many of the same classes through to H.S. Graduation in 1968 with little interaction :confused3
... June 1972 some 4 years after Graduation she stopped at Gas Station where I was working, we talked while tank was being filled, something happened that defies explanation :scratchin and we started dating
... Sept. 1972 she goes on a cruise with her sister. I NEVER wanted to get married or have children but the time she was gone where I could not see or talk to her *pert near killed me* so when she returned I immediately drove us to a local County Park, had her sit down on a bench, looked at her and asked "Will you have my children?" NOT *Will you marry me?*
... June 1973 at our reception we danced to our song :love2:
... June 2023 for our 50th Anniversary Celebration we rented the Lake Louisa Chateau for a *Family Get Together* ( DD + DS + rest of Family provided all food and entertainment that was a recently retired WDW Polynesian Village Resort Luau Headliner singer and 2 PV Hula Dancers. DW and I again danced to *our song* :love2: while he sang.
... Sept. 2023 on a celebratory 73rd Birthday Cruise for DW and the 51st Anniversary marking the time she was cruising that provided the reason we got engaged, we booked a 2025 - 52nd Anniversary + 75th Birthday Year Cruise with DD/DSIL and DS/???.

You remind me a little of my middle DS. Met his wife (my awesome DIL) in Detroit back in '09. He was a small town guy having just graduated from UDM and she was from Troy. Her family was Polish. They fell in love and he proposed to her four year later on top of a mountain south of Krakow, Poland while they were visiting her Grandma. When they married in 2014 he spoke his vows in Polish. They will be celebrating their 10th year anniversary in Charleston, SC. where they now live.

Nice little twist....our own Dan Murphy met my son at a DIS Meet here in Lansing, MI when my DS was 15. :love:
As someone who has a passionate and abiding love for all things Polish, that makes me happy. I've probably even been near that mountain in Krakow as it's one of my favourite cities to visit. Na zdrowie to your DS.

As someone who has a passionate and abiding love for all things Polish, that makes me happy. I've probably even been near that mountain in Krakow as it's one of my favourite cities to visit. Na zdrowie to your DS.
Kieslowski made some of my favorite films all time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter