Spin Off - Do you have any red light cameras where you live?

Kittyblue

7322, 32502, <3
We have WAY too many stoplights here to even guess how many, but Slo's poll today made me wonder about red light cameras. I looked up red light cameras and we have 16 in town! I've never been busted by one, but I know people who have, usually for a rolling right hand turn. It's an expensive ticket and near impossible to fight with the photo and video evidence against you.

Looks like 21 here. They are almost all located closer to the center of the metro, there aren't any out here in the burbs.

Oh yeah, lots. I don’t (purposely) run the red but there have been times where I’ve been in “orange” territory. Technically that can be ticket worthy but *knock wood* I’ve never had that happen. I do know people who have received photos and tickets in the mail. Usually the same people multiple times. I don’t ride with them. 😂

Looks like 21 here. They are almost all located closer to the center of the metro, there aren't any out here in the burbs.
Do you know if they are using them again? I know they stopped a while back after a court case.

A whole bunch here. Although the camera "boxes" don't always have a camera in them. They move the actual cameras around so you never know if there is an actual camera in the box until you run a redlight and get a ticket in the mail (like my son did).

Yes. I know of one about 5 minutes away. We don’t have too many. This one had gotten my dh once many years ago. He was surprised but he probably just missed the cutoff. He was going to get our dog from the kennel the day we got back from vacation. It’s a very busy intersection.

We have 31 according to the website I checked and at least 6 are in my area. I stop for them but worry about being rear ended all the time because a lot of people don't.

Tons. Had my picture taken by a few of them too. Never had to pay a fine though because I always go and fight them.

We have two intersections with camera's. Accidents at those two were really high, but dropped off when they went live.

A whole bunch here. Although the camera "boxes" don't always have a camera in them. They move the actual cameras around so you never know if there is an actual camera in the box until you run a redlight and get a ticket in the mail (like my son did).
Interesting! I wonder if they do that here...
Tons. Had my picture taken by a few of them too. Never had to pay a fine though because I always go and fight them.
How did you get out of it? When my friend got one she showed me the photo and video they sent her, it was no doubt it was her car/plates/face turning on red without stopping.

only 12

and people here blow through red lights often. There is a delay before the other way turns green or there would be more accidents then there are :rolleyes:

They have them in Orlando, but not out where I live. I used to go through a few intersections with them on my way to work.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter