Space 220 reservation strategy?

I'm going to be trying for Space 220 in a couple of months for our trip late March. I don't have my hopes up of finding one when the booking window opens, but as some others have said, it's my experience that if you don't give up and are persistent, you can often snag something. For my DL trip back in August, Blue Bayou was impossible to get. I set a free alert and was able to snag one. I'd say if nothing pops up at first, set an alert (there are free sites out there that work well) but also keep checking on your own. Check whenever it pops into your head throughout the day and if you don't find anything, keep checking even day of your trip. I've had highly sought after ADRs pop up day of using the refresh method when NOTHING showed for the 60 days prior.

Can you fill me in on this? What is an incognito window?
I use Chrome for my browser, I don't know if it makes any difference on Edge or what ever else is available.
Incognito mode stops Chrome from saving your browsing activity to your local history. I don't know why it works but it does.
You go up to the top right next to the address bar. Click on the 3 dots and "open a new incognito window" That's it. Go to My Disney Experience and sign in.

I'm going the first week of January and am hoping one opens up when it gets closer. I tried right at 6AM on my ADR day for a 6 night trip, and did Space 220 as my 3rd reservation (got Ohana and Oga's first). Nothing was available on either of my 2 Epcot days.

I'll keep trying though, or maybe just try the lounge. I want to see the restaurant more than the food to be honest.

I was lucky and got a lunch res for Jan 25 a couple of days ago. I had been checking since my window opened, so someone must have cancelled. Persistence helps!

Today is our 60+10 day. As of 9:30 eastern there are still tables open at lunch and dinner for the 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, and 10th days. I know not everyone is lucky enough to stay 10 days, but even the 5th day is still open right now. So make sure to jump to your last day in the parks, book that first, and then you can check for earlier times if you want. Of course do this at 6am eastern, not 9:30 :). This was for a party of 4.

For anyone that couldn't get a Space 220 ADR (or anyone booking soon) - ADRs now available for lounge!
Thanks so much for this heads up! Does this mean that same-day walk up requests for the lounge are no longer a thing?

Thanks so much for this heads up! Does this mean that same-day walk up requests for the lounge are no longer a thing?
Last I heard, you can still try to walk up for the limited seating at the actual bar (no children allowed) but the lounge and restaurant are reservation only.

I visited WDW in early December. I was not able to schedule an ADR for the new Space 220 Restaurant prior to the trip.

We waited in line to visit the Space 220 Lounge. The new restaurant and lounge are located next to Epcot's Mission: Space attraction. We were told the bar in the lounge seats ten people. As people leave the bar, people from the line are allowed to travel in the stellarvator for a 220 mile trip up to Space 220 to be seated at the bar in the lounge area. There is a cast member managing the line outside the building. You must be 18 or older to be seated at the bar. You can order drinks, appetizers, and/or the full prefix meal at the bar.

We waited about an hour for our party of four people to be seated in the Space 220 Lounge. Two of us were able to go in first to be seated at the bar and the other two after about another 15 minutes wait. At first we were seated at opposite end of the bar in the lounge, but as people left the bar, we were able to move to sit together at the bar. We ordered drinks and appetizers and enjoyed everything we ate and drank. I highly recommend ordering the Astro Deviled Eggs (eggs, maple glazed bacon, scallion, pickled shallots, cilantro) and the Blue Moon Cauliflower (tempura fried cauliflower, house-made hot sauce, with blue cheese dust). The bar staff was attentive, professional, and engaged us with interesting stories.
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/epcot/space-220-lounge/menus/
Another day during our visit, we checked the Space 220 Lounge wait line to see how long the line was, but the cast member managing the line had close the line. At that time, no additional people were allowed to join the line. He was limiting the number of people allowed to wait in the line. The cast member's reasoning was the wait was long and he did not want people spending their valuable Epcot time waiting in the line.

Visiting the lounge for drinks and appetizers is a less expensive means of visiting and seeing the restaurant.

So, is visiting the Space 220 Lounge worth the wait?
Depends on how much time you have at WDW and Epcot. The wait is long and the time you will be in line is undetermined. If you are visiting WDW for several days, maybe a one plus hour wait is worth your time, but if your time is limited, save a visit to the Space 220 Restaurant and Lounge for another visit. That said, Yes, I do look forward to visiting Space 220 again and hopefully I will be able to get a dinner reservation for my next visit to the Centauri Space Station!

Well since this is a strategy thread…maybe if you are flexible and are considering adding some days on the front of your trip you could book a Disney room, then book your adr 70 days in advance and if it doesn’t work out and plans don’t allow for you to come earlier they have a great cancellation policy so you could just cancel a couple weeks later…personally I didn’t think it was worth worrying about but that’s just my opinion, plus we are going back for New Years anyway so, whatever that means.

For anyone that couldn't get a Space 220 ADR (or anyone booking soon) - ADRs now available for lounge!
Does everyone in your party have to be over 18 to be seated in the lounge? (Sorry, I’m not clear on whether the bar and lounge are the same thing)

Does everyone in your party have to be over 18 to be seated in the lounge? (Sorry, I’m not clear on whether the bar and lounge are the same thing)
The name for the bar is the Space 220 Lounge. The lounge is 10 seats of counter level at a raised bar type counter.

The name for the bar is the Space 220 Lounge. The lounge is 10 seats of counter level at a raised bar type counter.
The lounge includes the tables in the whole raised platform area. Was just there a couple weeks ago and had a seat in the lounge tables. Interestingly my server suggested we could split a prefixe menu and also order multiple entrees off the prefixe…but we had a candlelight service plan that evening so didn’t actually try to do it.

The lounge includes the tables in the whole raised platform area. Was just there a couple weeks ago and had a seat in the lounge tables. Interestingly my server suggested we could split a prefixe menu and also order multiple entrees off the prefixe…but we had a candlelight service plan that evening so didn’t actually try to do it.

The bar is the counter area of the lounge - it is walk up only and I think over 21. The rest of the lounge consists of tables on the raised platform as PepperjackDragon said - they are available by booking a lounge reservation. We had the choice of the lounge menu or the prix fixe menu at the lounge tables. The largest table size I saw was for four people, so a lounge reservation might not work for large parties.

The lower level tables are the restaurant reservations, and they require the prix fixe menu.

We just ate at Space 220 on Monday (dining reservation) and noticed guests under 21 both waiting in the line for walk-ups and sitting at the bar once we got inside. When I went in early December, they were definitely telling people walk-ups were 21 and over only. It appears they may have changed the policy.

What is the process in MDE to FIND the 60+ dates that open up because of my reservation? Do I go into the “my resort” link and at 60 days does “Reserve Dining” show up as an option like “unlock door” or is it somewhere else?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter