Space 220 reservation strategy?

I had a reservation at Space 220 a few days ago. What surprised me was that two tables next to us basically left without ordering. It’s such a highly sought after reservation and I just don’t understand how you cannot know what is on the menu ahead of time or the price of it (the second table definitely left for the price after overhearing their conversation with the server). Maybe it’s just me but I have never booked a WDW restaurant without first looking at the menu.

I’m sure they made some standby people very happy, though.
I never eat any where without checking out the cost and menu either. 🙄

I had a reservation at Space 220 a few days ago. What surprised me was that two tables next to us basically left without ordering. It’s such a highly sought after reservation and I just don’t understand how you cannot know what is on the menu ahead of time or the price of it (the second table definitely left for the price after overhearing their conversation with the server). Maybe it’s just me but I have never booked a WDW restaurant without first looking at the menu.

I’m sure they made some standby people very happy, though.
They knew. You can’t not know. They just thought they were super special and the server would work something out just for them when they arrived :laughing: “Ms Junior is 182 months old and only eats chicken nuggets so you will whip those up for her and she will be charged the children’s price, Mr Junior just wants a drink, and my spouse and I will share and only be charged for one person. Right???”

They knew. You can’t not know. They just thought they were super special and the server would work something out just for them when they arrived :laughing: “Ms Junior is 182 months old and only eats chicken nuggets so you will whip those up for her and she will be charged the children’s price, Mr Junior just wants a drink, and my spouse and I will share and only be charged for one person. Right???”

Yeah, I don’t know. It was just a couple.

I will say that they did split the moon rock drink. I have two young kids and they both wanted it but I wasn’t going to let them get regular dessert and this giant lemonade/candy 80 grams of sugar drink too. I told them they could share it and the server brought out two half sized portions. I didn’t ask him to do that -he just did it on his own which I thought was nice.

The reservations definitely open up earlier than 6am. We are going for 5 days over New Years, staying at FS so did not get the +10 advantage. First day for checking reservations I dutifully opened the app at 6am and there were some times available but of course the most popular ADRs were gone. Next morning, ten minutes earlier, reservations were available. Next morning 10 minutes earlier, same thing. Yes I was trying to get my sleep, lol. Last day was at 5:30am and reservations were open, still dont know for sure how early they open up, but 6am is a mistake. All times were EST. Should say I am saying all restaurants, not Space in particular.

This is so helpful, thank you!

I might be in the minority here, but our ADR date was yesterday - we got a space 220 lunch on Day 3 of our 10 day trip, and it was the third reservation I made at 6 am and there was plenty of availability. I was surprised at how easy it was.

My only tip is definitely use a phone, I could not make a single ADR on a laptop. And click times, not Lunch or Dinner!
Thank you! I’ve never made an ADR with my phone - did you go through the MDE app and search for Space 220? Or did you Google Space 220 on a web browser?

We have a reservation for a late lunch on our upcoming vacation. I didn't find that it was too hard to get. We are going in 2 weeks, I'm not sure the ordered we reserved it in

My window just opened, and there was nothing available for our entire stay when I started booking at 6:30AM.
Reservations open at 6 AM Eastern so that likely cost you a day of availability. How many days are you staying?

Sunday-Saturday.

Everything was completely booked.

If it makes you feel better I started trying at 5:30 just in case this one time the slots opened early and still had the same problem. Used every combination of day, time, party size for the trip starting farthest out while my husband was on his account grabbing the rest of our meals. Nothing. Torn between refreshing 18 times a day and using every alert system out there and just not ever going because it can't possibly be good enough to go through all that for two months.

My window just opened, and there was nothing available for our entire stay when I started booking at 6:30AM.
I managed to book for our last day today at 6:00 am for a 5:40 pm time slot. It's a Monday and I used a new incognito window in my Chrome to book it. 2 people.
I managed to book the 6 diff ADRs that I wanted using this window. Waiting on dessert parties to open up for the last 2 weeks of Jan

I had signed up for a reservation watcher and received 5 available reservation notices the day before our actual reservation. Lots of cancellations for space that opened up while we were there

My recent experience was they opened way earlier than 6:00 am and I was figuring they would and started trying at 5:30 - I believe 5:40 they opened and were all gone within 10 minutes - I’ve found bookings for this some times and other times not - you just never know
Good Luck I hope you get one ! I found it frustrating that when I was in the restaurant so many empty tables knowing people could not get in
When it opened at 5:40 were you on MDE or the WDW website?

... What surprised me was that two tables next to us basically left without ordering. It’s such a highly sought after reservation and I just don’t understand how you cannot know what is on the menu ahead of time or the price ...
or do you think it is a way to take the elevator 'ride', see the room and leave. After all, their policy only charges you if you fail to make your reservation...makes you wonder as the pricing and menu were very much, a topic 'in the news.':confused3

Our trip is a Saturday - Saturday when our window opened I was right on Space 220 on the website not the app, and immediately at 6am went to Friday of our stay and worked my way earlier, no reservations for any time slots. Couldn’t believe it. Guess we will try our luck at the lounge and see if a spot opens the day before. Good Luck everyone!

Watch the week before you go right up until the day you want. I had a reservation for next week but now that my plans have firmed up, I cancelled a reservation today for dinner there next week.

Our ADR window opened up on the morning of Black Friday (which might have worked to my advantage). I got up at 2:30am Pacific time and used both my desktop computer and MDE on the phone, and reservations opened up promptly at 3am. The phone definitely worked more consistently in showing available times. Our stay is 8 days, and I managed to get a lunch reservation for Space 220 on the 7th day (Feb. 1st). Interestingly, no times for Yak & Yeti showed up in MDE, but was able to book them on the computer through the website. I'm using a reservation finder to try to get a Biergarten date when/if they open up. As others have mentioned, for Space 220 booking later in your stay seems to be the best option, as others with resort reservations who get the 60+10 window have likely snapped up all the dates earlier in your stay.

I managed to book for our last day today at 6:00 am for a 5:40 pm time slot. It's a Monday and I used a new incognito window in my Chrome to book it. 2 people.
I managed to book the 6 diff ADRs that I wanted using this window. Waiting on dessert parties to open up for the last 2 weeks of Jan
Can you fill me in on this? What is an incognito window?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter