Southwest Early Bird Checkin

Annie - To answer your question ... yes, you just sit where you would like as it is open seating. The only exception - Children cannot sit in an exit row.

Wow, I've never seen that happen either. Are you flying out of BWI or IAD? We have flown out of IAD about 6 times this year on SW (always to, never from WDW) and have gotten A17-18 as our best.

I had A10 & 11 this past January with EBCI.

Annie - To answer your question ... yes, you just sit where you would like as it is open seating. The only exception - Children cannot sit in an exit row.

Children is 14 and under, though.

And FINALLY my boy will be 15 this trip. Exit row here we come! **fingers crossed**

The day I have been waiting for to post:cool1:

I just checked in at T24 with no EBCI from PVD-MCO with a sold out flight.

I received A34, A37, A41, A45 & A49. (it's funny how they keep skipping 4 numbers:confused3) but I am in the As:worship:

I received A34, A37, A41, A45 & A49. (it's funny how they keep skipping 4 numbers:confused3) but I am in the As:worship:

Great keep NO EBCI alive:banana:. I tell ya, I'm not payin.:thumbsup2

We fly out of Islip on 8/26. We did not buy EBCI for that flight (I hope this was not a mistake but in the past have always gotten "A" seating)

Coming home however, we did purchase EBCI (Sorry) because I do not like having to plan the 24 hr check in around my last day at Disney. We fly out at 6:45 pm so our check in would be at that time the night before. And, we do not have a cell phone to do this with.

Wow! This is sooo good to hear! :cool1: I have been resisting paying for EBCI since it's going to cost us $50 each way to do it. We've always gotten A by checking in at T24. I was really hoping that EBCI hasn't changed that. We're flying PVD to MCO this August. I hate to pay for a service that I've never needed in the past. I'm really not that worried about being one of the first on the plane. I just don't want to be one of the last. :goodvibes
Thanks for posting!! :banana:

Checed in for our flight tomorrow using EBCI. Purchased EBCI on the day the tickets went on sale. Got A 29-32. Hartford to Orlando. Flight appears sold out so I am glad we bought it.

Used ECBI both ways for our recent trip MHT (Manchester, NH) to MCO. Both flights were sold out due to us travelling during MA's school vacation week. In fact, our flight home this past Saturday was oversold and they asked for 6 people to give up their seats.

Anyway, bought the tickets the day the schedule opened and purchased ECBI immediately after. Got A16-19 to MCO and A21-24 coming home. Well worth the cost.

I can not say enough great things about the EBST,its saved us(me and my DS from sitting away from each othere thlast few trips. Matter of fact we used something simillar with air tran,a little more$$ but still I think well worth It.

How well does this work if we are a connecting flight and we would be joinging a flight? How can I find out if our flight will be originating elsewhere?

Since there are fewer direct flights and I read that they are connecting more flights through BWI I'm wondering what problems I can expect?

For our MSP - MCO flight (plane change at MDW), I checked in at T-24 (no EBCI) and got A36 & A37 for MSP-MDW leg and A38 & A 39 for MDW-MCO leg.

For first leg, we chose seats in row 6, and for second leg, we chose seats in row 5.

Definitely did not need EBCI, even though both legs appeared to be sold out. I did purchase EBCI for the return trip however, since I do not want to be bothered with checking in right at the 24 hour mark.

checked in today MCI(kansas city)-MCO for tomorrow 850 am

3 different ressies we were checking in. My mom was doing hers..
I got my dd ressie in asap and got A60 and B1, my ressie kept giving me fits..wanted me to call airlines and try again etc.. I finally got checked in about 3-4 minutes late and got B22,B23, and B24

I then hadnt heard from my mom so i checked her in..not sure what she was doing but it wasnt what she was suppose to. so i checked her in and got B26

hope we are as lucky coming back from MCO

No ECBI on our round-trips to Nashville this weekend.

On way down on a Saturay, checked in right at 24 hours and got 33, 35, 37.

On way back, FORGOT to check in right at 24 hours. Checked in about two hours later....got A43,44, 45.

Glad to have saved the $60.

Checked in this morning for flight from Nashville to Chicago with no EBCI and got A39 and A41.

I just checked in at precisely T-24 and got A45 and A46. (Didn't purchase EBCI for this flight. I'm glad I bought it for the return flight, though, since that one is sold out!)

Did EBCI and for our trip down from DTW to MCO we got A17-A20 and on our trip back we got A23-A26. Both completely full flights. Definitely worth it. We were actually in row 1!

I'm so torn whether to buy it or not? :confused: I don't care if I'm in the last row, I just want three seats together. :guilty: ughh....I'm the first flight out and the last flight home, so I'm thinking those are typically the least crowded.

I'm so torn whether to buy it or not? :confused: I don't care if I'm in the last row, I just want three seats together. :guilty: ughh....I'm the first flight out and the last flight home, so I'm thinking those are typically the least crowded.

We were the first flight out and the last flight home as well this past week and both were completely full. I think if you check in at exactly 24 hours you wouldn't have trouble with getting three seats together but we did EBCI for peace of mind. I'll use it again for sure. Good luck with whatever you decide!! I'm sure you'll be fine!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter