Something's Starting Right Now! A year of working for Disney-*UPDATED Dec 11/2015-page 8*****

What an exciting and incredible way to find out you were accepted into the program!!! :) Can't wait to hear the rest of the details. We will be down there in 10 days :-)bitelip: :banana:) so maybe we will see you!! If we do, we will definitely say hi! :)

I found that update and reading about the interview process fascinating!

And the fact that you found out you got the job while you were on Main Street was priceless! Made me tear up which is not the best thing right now as I'm at work. :rotfl:

I can't think of a more PERFECT way to find out that you were offered the job!!! That was some serious Disney Magic going on there!! :wizard:

Wow! That is just amazing that you heard out so quickly! And can I just say, no one deserves it more than you.

Okay, I almost cried thinking of you standing on Main Street getting that email!!!!! :hug: So happy for you!

That's awesome that Steven Facetimed you from WDW and with Prince Naveen no less! Loved how he stayed in character .... and sorry to hear you were trapped in a box ;)

It still amazes me when I hear people applying for this program or even the DCP that have never been to WDW ... I mean, I get that not everyone can go but just feels like you would have wanted to check it out before investigating working there fore a year :confused3

Interesting about your hair. I mean, I get them not wanting someone with like rainbow hair, but you would think just having some highlights and lowlights would be ok. I agree that them even brining that up was a good sign ... I mean, if you had no shot why would they care what color your hair was :rotfl2:

Very nice picture of you by the wishing well and obviously super appropriate

Wow - that is awesome to get the news while walking down Main St. with friends. I am not surprised if you cried a little given that I am tearing up just reading about it!

Congratulations on living your dream!

Hi Kat,

Long time lurker - I just wanted to pop in to say I hope you have THE BEST arrival day! I am so excited to hear all about your adventure x

Joining in! Congrats! Im so happy your dream came true, what a better way to find out that walking down main street! I believe there really is magic there! Cant wait to hear all about your experiences!!

Honestly Katt, I remember this like it was yesterday.

Awww Naveen giving some much needed pixie dust. Considering he's been such a supporter, I bet that helped a ton.

Heading to Disney right after the interview... That can't hurt. :thumbsup2

I absolutely remember that wishing well photo too!!

WOW. Getting that email would be amazing anyway but to get it ON MAIN STREET... Just WOW!!!! :cloud9:

Awwe, it was quite an exciting day!!

It was great, he really has been there since the start, I'm glad he's pushed me as much as he has to get in with the company, lol!

Right?! I mean, I figured why not, it was only a hundred more expensive anyways, so I may as well hit up that parade audition! Ahaha, it was truly magical, what a great way to start this whole experience!

I cried tears of joy as it unfolded on instagram and I cried again reading this. Dreams do come true! I just can't wait to hear about your adventure, I mean a whole year of Disney does it get any better?!? :thumbsup2

Yay!!:cheer2:

Awe!! That's so sweet! Dreams do come true! Lol. It's going to be a fun one, that's for sure!!!

Great update Katt; love your interview story! I know this will be the journey of a lifetime for you!

Thank you!!

No balcony for you!

That is pretty awesome that you can work for an entire year at a time, instead of working for shorter stints. And then to get it extended. You better be working at Le Cellier by January! I have a reservation there. :rotfl2:

Only you would fly to an interview for Disney in Toronto, to turn around and fly down to WDW. :lmao:

That's just crazy that you got the job so quickly. I remember being sooooo happy for you when you announced it.

Ahahahaha! Yes, it will be nice to actually be here a whole year and hopefully ever/longer, I mean, really!! Ha! I might be? Who knows, I've heard mixed things about how long we'll be at the cart, but I guess I'll find out soon enough!!

Lol, hey man, it's not that crazy! I've done worse! Lol.

It's actually insane, so many people waited months, or the whole process took about 2 years to complete, and here I am, like #whoops, 2 days later lol!

Wow, so amazing! Looking forward to following along and living vicariously through you!

Awe! Thank you, glad you're here!!

No balcony? Who cares your going to work for DISNEY!!!any idea as to where your going to be. Great update.

Lol, right?! It's not like I would be using the balcony in winter anyways!!

Congratulations Katt!! :cool1: I know you will make a great CM. Can't wait to read about your experience as part of the Disney family. :)

Awe, thank you so much! It's sure to be an insane journey!

Yay!!!! I'm so excited for you! I love reading your trip reports and follow you on instagram, so I'm super excited to get to read about your adventure! So magical that you got your acceptance email while on Main Street!

Awe! Thank you so much!! Glad you're here! It really was an insanely magical experience!!

Katt, I know I've said it so many times but I am SO INCREDIBLY HAPPY FOR YOU! I honestly don't know anyone who has worked so hard, spent so much time, energy, and money on trying to get a career going in Disney. You truly deserve it and I know that entertainment isn't far down the road for you. You are proof that hard work, determination, and ambition pay off. :goodvibes I can't wait to read all about your adventures and eventually see you! Yay!!

Yay! You're here!! lol. Thank you SO much, it really does mean the world to me to hear that from you! It's been an insane year already just attempting to get in, so I know the next year is going to be even more crazy!!

What an exciting and incredible way to find out you were accepted into the program!!! :) Can't wait to hear the rest of the details. We will be down there in 10 days :-)bitelip: :banana:) so maybe we will see you!! If we do, we will definitely say hi! :)

It was incredible! Glad you're here! Haha, it's very possible! Be sure to check around Canada! Lol

I found that update and reading about the interview process fascinating!

And the fact that you found out you got the job while you were on Main Street was priceless! Made me tear up which is not the best thing right now as I'm at work. :rotfl:

Yay! I'm glad you did, I wrote it so long after that I was worried about it being super boring/not detail filled, but hey, lol!

It was incredible!! Awwe!

I can't think of a more PERFECT way to find out that you were offered the job!!! That was some serious Disney Magic going on there!! :wizard:

It really was magical, I can't say that I'll ever have an experience like that again!

Wow! That is just amazing that you heard out so quickly! And can I just say, no one deserves it more than you.

Right?! It's actually crazy! Awe, thank you so much!!

Okay, I almost cried thinking of you standing on Main Street getting that email!!!!! :hug: So happy for you!

Haha, awe, thank you so much!!

That's awesome that Steven Facetimed you from WDW and with Prince Naveen no less! Loved how he stayed in character .... and sorry to hear you were trapped in a box ;)

It still amazes me when I hear people applying for this program or even the DCP that have never been to WDW ... I mean, I get that not everyone can go but just feels like you would have wanted to check it out before investigating working there fore a year :confused3

Interesting about your hair. I mean, I get them not wanting someone with like rainbow hair, but you would think just having some highlights and lowlights would be ok. I agree that them even brining that up was a good sign ... I mean, if you had no shot why would they care what color your hair was :rotfl2:

Very nice picture of you by the wishing well and obviously super appropriate

Wow - that is awesome to get the news while walking down Main St. with friends. I am not surprised if you cried a little given that I am tearing up just reading about it!

Congratulations on living your dream!

Hahha, yeah, we'd been talking all day so it was super nice for Steven to facetime me while he saw them! I think Naveen was just more upset that I wasn't in Florida! Bahah

RIGHT?! Like, you have NO idea what Disney really is or entails unless you've been to at least 1 of the parks around the world. I mean, they're all run differently, but I couldn't imagine being down here having never been here before! It'd be crazy!

Lol, that is a very true statement! I haven't had any problems since being down here, but I did stop putting the low lights in after the interview, so that probably helped lol.

Thank you so much! It truly was a magical couple of days, that's for sure, it was an experience I'll never forget!

What a perfect way (or should I say place) to find out! I hope the pixie dust keeps on for you

Right?! It was insanely amazing. Thank you!!

Hi Kat,

Long time lurker - I just wanted to pop in to say I hope you have THE BEST arrival day! I am so excited to hear all about your adventure x

Awe, thanks so much, glad you came out of lurk-dom to say hello!!

SO excited for the next update, can't wait!!!popcorn::

Thanks! Glad you're excited!!

Joining in! Congrats! Im so happy your dream came true, what a better way to find out that walking down main street! I believe there really is magic there! Cant wait to hear all about your experiences!!

It was insanely incredible, and thank you so much, glad you joined!!

How was your first day? I hope it went great!

It was good! Work hasn't actually started yet, but we'll get to that! Lol.

Welcome to the South. Winters consist of no snow, at least in Orlando. How exciting that you have finally started your dream.Cant wait to read more as the story unfolds.

Will Steven also be moving to Florida soon? Is he still waiting to be called from the character pool?

Wow what a busy last few weeks, I can imagine how crazy it would be to pack up life in such a short period of time!

:( for your puppy, loosing a pet is so friggin hard :worried:

I can't wait to hear all about the last couple of weeks of your new start and your traditions/training- I bet you are a super star already :thumbsup2

Also wondering if Steven is still waiting for "the call" :confused3 it would be great to see you two down in Disney together again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter