Something about Nothing, come join in........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sigh - of course things can never go smoothly now! :confused3 DH is heading to Michigan to get DS12 at camp. Luckily left a day early to make the early pickup tomorrow morning. First, calls me from Milwaukee (where he's leaving out of) because the freeway's completely shut down and he's now running late. I dig out an old Milwaukee map and play navigator from a distance and finally get him there.

Didn't matter much, because the ferry left an hour late. Well, okay, that happens. But, it was supposed to arrive at 4 EST, and it's now 7:10 EST and they're still on the ferry! Apparently the engines aren't working (just a minor problem, although I suppose better on a ferry than a plane :eek: ). They're outside of Muskegon (MI), but have been floating around for an hour or so with nobody telling them anything about what's going on. A call to their headquarters gives me completely clueless people who are glad to tell me the rest of the departures for the day are cancelled, but can tell me nothing about the current crossing!

Meanwhile I'm trying to check Hertz because worst case he could keep the rental car (I'm pricing it at $110 for an extra 24 hours with a dropoff in Milwaukee) and drive the extra 6 hours or so. But he's supposed to get the car tonight in Muskegon, and they theoretically close at 6pm and aren't answering. You'd think if the rental counter was in the ferry terminal and the ferry hadn't made it in yet that they'd wait, wouldn't you? So he may have to get a cab to the hotel, then one back to the terminal in the morning, then get a car, then see what he can do! Meanwhile his phone is dying (yes, he's one of those people who can't be bothered to charge his phone) so I haven't gotten any updates lately! Sigh again! Wish us luck! At least DS isn't sitting at camp waiting for him since he's not supposed to be there until tomorrow morning!

Meanwhile, I'm packing and packing and packing (I'm like the Energizer Bunny, but pack instead of go!). Actually tried putting stuff into the 3 duffle bags I had, and what I was afraid of is what's happening. I'm packing so much STUFF (food, laundry tablets, pool floats, toiletries, sunscreen) vs. clothes (well, some shoes too!) that the bags are hitting 50 pounds well before they're completely full. So I packed 3 to close to the 50 pound limit, and I guess now just started a soft-sided 4th that I have no confidence will fit but I guess I need. And I'm nowhere near done packing! Triple sigh!

I think I can, I think I can!

marci, wow, when it rains it pours. sorry to hear of what you posted.
that is a mess.

94 going into milwaukee was shut down around 10:20 this morning.
a tractor trailer rolled at the Racine, Ws exit. that is just south of mke.
there was a 2 hour back up and only lane open was the far right lane.

it had been broadcasted constantly today.
i crossed over 94 when i went to six flags today.

there is always an accident on 94 especially closer to chgo most of the time.

let us know when you find more out about hubby and son.

No offense taken. I for one am not a Universal fan. As one who was at Universal during opening week, I experienced a complete mismanagement of any theme park I have ever been to. Over half the rides were inoperable, King Kong was completely torn apart, with the front of the building exposed, and the staff did all they could do to keep their heads above the water. With that said, I have visited Universal several times since and feel that there is a considerable difference with the Universal clientele versus the WDW clientele.

Are clientele the people who go?? Like the disney clientele are the people who go to disney?

ps. this was quoted from the fastpass thread, just wanted to make sure before commenting

homies, i just finished reading the harry potter spoiler thread in the CB.

wow, those people really get intense

Still waiting for word from DH.

I'd say clientele means the same thing as clients, or more simply, customers. Those who purchase tickets - I guess they don't actually have to GO to the parks to be customers, but yeah, that would be the general meaning! :rotfl:

gemma, i have been readidng that thread you quoted from.

the dude says he went opening week and it was disorganized and a mess.

the clientel he is referring to are the patrons in the park as guests.

he just doesn't like universal

I've been following that thread too Gemma! I just don't comment much anywhere else other than here (don't you guys feel honored!).

I just went over a bunch of packing lists I've accumulated (don't know where each is from - some people I know have sent me them, some from TGM or here, don't have any idea really!) to see what I missed. One was really inclusive and had a few things I'd forgotten like golf gloves (really, who puts golf gloves on their Disney packing list? :confused3 ), quarters for tolls, a corkscrew (how many times have you forgotten that one?), small binoculars (for BMG and Cirque), insurance info for the car, and watches. Good list!

a couple of people said they had some disappointment in the book and the rest posted unkindly about that comment.

Gemma, I just finished the book. Did you break down and read it?

SERIOUSLY!? wowww. nope havn't broken down yet. Keeping myself busy reading the other ones. Of course my daddy keeps saying "Oh Gemma, do you know who dies in HP yet??" GRRRR

Bet it was really good. Makes me even more excited about Tuesday!!:cheer2:

a couple of people said they had some disappointment in the book and the rest posted unkindly about that comment.

There are always going to be things that don't meet people's expectations. That is actually one of the good things about the HP books. They are never what you expect. She's got quite the imagination!

SERIOUSLY!? wowww. nope havn't broken down yet. Keeping myself busy reading the other ones. Of course my daddy keeps saying "Oh Gemma, do you know who dies in HP yet??" GRRRR

Bet it was really good. Makes me even more excited about Tuesday!!:cheer2:

I bet your brother was lying. It isn't so easy just to look in the book and see who dies. There are people who you think are dead and then suddenly they aren't. So don't believe him.

Ohh no they haven't told me who dies, they just 'know'. Well, I don't think my dad does- hes just using it as a way to make me do things for him!! I just run out of the room screaming when he mentions it- of course I can't do that on the plane....hmmmm. Just have to use the trusty IPOD so as to not have to listen to him.

Ohh no they haven't told me who dies, they just 'know'. Well, I don't think my dad does- hes just using it as a way to make me do things for him!! I just run out of the room screaming when he mentions it- of course I can't do that on the plane....hmmmm. Just have to use the trusty IPOD so as to not have to listen to him.

Ahhhh. I thought your brother had told you who dies. He's not so bad afterall then! Your dad on the other hand...:thumbsup2

LOL no, they know that if they were to tell me who died before I read it they would be in SERIOUS trouble!! Daddy would have to buy me something expensive to make up for it and my bro would never get lifts again!! And he relies on my lifts! lol.

okay.....

marci....:hug: hope your DH makes it thru the nite tonite

damo....so THAT'S where u been today?

gemma.....i've been following that thread....you love shootin' those fireballs, dontcha? :stir:

macraven.....pm me w/ details of what you read.... :hyper: i don't do the "harry" thing either...so, i'm clueless, but i want the spoiler! :yay:

Well, DH made it across. They did have the car rental open so he got a car! He asked about keeping it if the ferry wasn't operational tomorrow and they quoted him $123 (versus the $110 I found online) which I guess is close. So now we'll see what happens early tomorrow and if the best option is driving or flying. It's a lot of driving for one person (about 8 hours, versus the 2 from Milwaukee with the ferry), but it would be better to decide around 11am when DS is done with his concert and with camp to drive, rather than wait until their supposed 5pm ferry time and then find out either that it's cancelled or that it's running 4 hours behind.

They're supposed to get back into Milwaukee around 6:30, which gets them home at 8:30 (if everything went perfectly on the ferry - when I rode it last week it was about 2 hours late too!). If they just drove, allowing 2 hours for stopping and breaks, they'd get home around 8. Might be the better option if it seems iffy! Don't know if they'd get any money back from the ferry - I'd hope so since it was their fault and I'd bet they'd want the space since they're going to be hurting for space with the cancelled ones today!

And the fun goes on! At least he's there!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter