Something About Nothing............ #14

Good Sunday morning everyone :wave2:

View attachment 840628

View attachment 840629

View attachment 840634

View attachment 840632

View attachment 840635

View attachment 840636

Cape Coral is right next to Fort Myer’s. I had never been there. It is pretty populated as is Fort Myers. It is nice. It is right across a water causeway from Fort Myers.

I did not think the gator tasted like anything. That was the problem it was tasteless and chewy. I was glad I only had a very small piece.

So nice to hear you found a crafting group.

It was huge. My nephew is 21 so he can run the calories off.

It is definitely a boaters paradise as is Fort Myers. Most of homes have canals that run behind them so they can keep their boats behind their homes. My sister called it the Venice of Florida.

Sorry to hear you are down in your back Ruth. Sounds like you have a good caregiver looking after you. Prayers you feel better soon.

Yes, they are. Those black bears get big. We also have bobcats, cougars, crocs, gators, bears, snakes, sharks. A menagerie of scary animals for sure.

It was nice to see our aunt and cousins. It had been to long. That burger was impressive.

She is so fun. We had the best time laughing and sharing pictures of our families with her.

I have his book I started a few weeks ago and I’am slowly getting through it.

Sounds like a wonderful celebration with good food, friends and family.

Nice looking cocktails.

Mac hope you are feeling better today.

Hope Pumpkin is on the beach enjoying the sun and having cocktails.

Happy Mother’s Day to you, your mom and all the moms across the pond.
View attachment 840630

View attachment 840631

Have a wonderful Sunday everyone.

Thank you Robbie....it`s lovely to be celebrating with Kyle today.

Hope you have a lovely Sunday too :)

Happy Mother’s Dave to Carole!
View attachment 840673
Couldn’t let this pic go of my new sweet obsession. I swear if it was readily available, I’d have even fewer teeth left in my head
View attachment 840674

Snowing so hard when i woke up couldn’t see 100 feet up the street. Sun is out now, no accumulation but, in low 30’s. We are grilling tbones for dinner. What was I thinking pulling them out of freezer yesterday lol

Trying to make yet another variety of dinner rolls. Adapted recipe to use bread maker (my favorite cheat on baked goods). So far, so good, proofing in the oven. Have yet to find one everyone likes. I’m not picky, long as not hard as a rock I’m good.

Our nearby mall area has sunk into sad decline, other than Sams & WM a real ghost town. Saw this on FB, not too far fetched with the pot hole situation. Inside joke is that it was originally supposed to have a Great Wolf Lodge, who pulled out early on before ground broke.

View attachment 840675
Pumpkin - it appears official you are now in warm southern climes! Enoy!

Hi, the mr just got 2nd coat of oil on it yesterday. It’s just beautiful. He did it in between staining the doors of the island a transparent grey sort that allows the grain to peek thru. It’s growing on me. First coat it seemed to have a strange green hue, disappeared on the 2nd one, phew.

Yes, inspiration is often lacking here too. My family would be happy eating the same rotation of stuff tho, all basics. Not on my watch :)

lowes offers card holders 5% off purchases. 10% for military off non sale prices for military, regardless if using their CC

Stove was on sale, so we got the 5% off

Then, there was a rebate offered (via a Mastercard gift card) that reimbursed paying for an extended 5 year warranty on it. Normally, i don’t bother with them. In the past bought one on a washer and had them basically rebuild it over several visits to new state :). Even replaced drum and circuit board sort of thing.

Took the $ up to store to pay off the bill as I wanted a paper receipt to avoid them trying to slip in interest charges on it. They’ve been switching policies there as to the store CC, charging for paper CC statements etc. have my eye on them lol

Nice, hope that works out for you. I tried one at local library. The “pros” there were like vultures with unsolicited advice. Good hearted I’m sure, just not my vibe lol

Woohoo. WDW or DL?

I saw a good swatch of the east coast!

i do associate it with you…

The purple lizard queen LOL

Same, ulterior motives tho. Wanted the grease to sauté my onions, garlic and ‘shrooms in my green bean side dish today

10 hours! So, you are in Orlando for your trip already? Woohoo. Did they have your car waiting for you?

I bet! Reminds me of conch. Had it first time in the islands ceviche style…tour guide dived in the water, brought it up and prepared while we were snorkeling. Heavenly. Tried it in St Pete area, fried as almost legendary at the restaurant. Nope, not the same, texture of a rubber band. Everyone else was having at it.

lol.....love the tablet meme!!! Thank you Janet, appreciate them!!! Tablet really is a treat made in heaven, proper Scottish delight, but yes, the reason I now have crowns and dental implants!!!

I am known for my love of purple and for being a Queen lol....not always the complimentary type either.....lol......I can own that too :rolleyes1

Oh yes, bacon grease for cooking stuff in is divine!!!!

Hope you have a lovely Sunday too!!!

Shout out to mac and Ruth, hope you`re both doing better today!!!!

Got some lovely gifts from Kyle, gorgeous card and just had the nicest afternoon!

Dinner was Thai takeout......lol.....absolutely perfect choice for today!!! And much nicer than them spending time cooking for me, we had a lovely meal together, nice and spicy for us, Kyle had slightly milder dishes.

They had the flourless chocolate cake and I did make the lemon syllabub, lovely. Now having a huge pot of tea with some butter shortbread I also made today.

Lazy night ahead......

Keisha, yes, and they had trucks on that suv line. We took a leather seated Mazda C5. Little one put her music app on it. Had 20, 000 miles on it when we got got it. Even better, since I was delayed so long, they took a day off, so I paid less than the cost I had found as lowest and did try to modify, but couldn’t. They said nothing about me picking up the car at around 1:30 am today, rather than 4 pm yesterday, as I had reserved. The airport at 12:30 am, when we arrived, was filled with at least 8 planes arriving waiting for luggage with us too. Thankfully, we were not Nashville, who had to wait over an hour, and got our luggage in about 25 minutes.

Now here, waiting for our mobile order:
IMG_3209.jpeg
Busy on a weekend day, for sure. And joined as APs today, as bought at SOG to save a decent amount in tax. Hehe, little one’s one card to get activate pass, is Nemo. Mine was Simba. Think she got the better one. lol.

So darn warm. Window to pick up is in just 10 minutes, but, darn I’m hungry now.

Thanks Mac. I hope you are feeling better. Hope with the time change, cats are still
behaving.

Now chilling while little one takes a long shower. Some fun coming up tonight with D23.

Hello. Quick post before bedtime. I have been so sleepy today. It’s a combination of staying up too late last night, the time change, and waking up too early this morning. I took 2 naps this afternoon.

Nice, hope that works out for you. I tried one at local library. The “pros” there were like vultures with unsolicited advice. Good hearted I’m sure, just not my vibe lol
I think this one will be good. It is made up of local women from the university parent group I joined when B started college.

A belated happy mother’s day to Schumi.

Lynne - I hope you have a great week in the parks.

Disneyseniors - hope you have a quick recovery.

I am going to try to finish some stitching before I go to bed.

think this one will be good. It is made up of local women from the university parent group I joined when B started college.
Absolutely. Good luck

I went as a result of a general invitation to library patrons to join the group. Was phrased as bringing of unfinished projects sort of thing, to dive back into needlework, crochet or knitting.

Seemed like a good fit, motivation to finish a couple put aside projects & get out of the house for a few hours a month. Ha, was only newbie to show up.

I sold real estate for years, can talk to a rock. Have done volunteer work for decades from
Scouts, various youth/sports groups, church & food bank. know a good majority of folks in my little borough…just not a soul in that room. Lol

felt as though I was crashing a private party in a sense. All were a good 10-20+ years older than me and seemed very territorial of their core group. Bless their hearts :flower3:

Thanks Charade. It was hot feeling today.

Keisha, yes had to get the highest pass due to out of state. D23 event was great.

Back from the very crowded Disney Springs. Let’s just say, we much prefer the Lime Garage, did not like the Orange that much, but was very convenient if doing the bowling area places.

Hope all have a most restful night.

Have a relative here for a visit and the places we could go out to eat earlier this evening was nixed for pizza delivery for our dinner.

I am starting to burn out on pizza …imagine that

Maybe it will be tomorrow he will enjoy the bbq place down the street from our house.

Hope all have had a great weekend!

Enjoy your vacation Lynne and use that sunscreen.
Can’t recall you ever talk about having a sunburn.

My temps have not been high today as we have been having rain off and on.
That will all change tomorrow.

Good night and all have sweet dreams.

Hello. Quick post before bedtime. I have been so sleepy today. It’s a combination of staying up too late last night, the time change, and waking up too early this morning. I took 2 naps this afternoon.

I think this one will be good. It is made up of local women from the university parent group I joined when B started college.

A belated happy mother’s day to Schumi.

Lynne - I hope you have a great week in the parks.

Disneyseniors - hope you have a quick recovery.

I am going to try to finish some stitching before I go to bed.

Thank you Charade, hope you had a nice evening.

Absolutely. Good luck

I went as a result of a general invitation to library patrons to join the group. Was phrased as bringing of unfinished projects sort of thing, to dive back into needlework, crochet or knitting.

Seemed like a good fit, motivation to finish a couple put aside projects & get out of the house for a few hours a month. Ha, was only newbie to show up.

I sold real estate for years, can talk to a rock. Have done volunteer work for decades from
Scouts, various youth/sports groups, church & food bank. know a good majority of folks in my little borough…just not a soul in that room. Lol

felt as though I was crashing a private party in a sense. All were a good 10-20+ years older than me and seemed very territorial of their core group. Bless their hearts :flower3:

It`s not nice to go into a room and not feel welcome. Any group I ever belonged to we always made sure to make everyone feel welcome. Always the exception of course when someone joined our book group dead set on causing issues. But some folks don`t know how to be part of a group.

Talk to a rock lol......

Have a relative here for a visit and the places we could go out to eat earlier this evening was nixed for pizza delivery for our dinner.

I am starting to burn out on pizza …imagine that

Maybe it will be tomorrow he will enjoy the bbq place down the street from our house.

Hope all have had a great weekend!
Hope you have a nice visit, I`m sure he`ll enjoy the BBQ place tonight.

Another cold and miserable day ahead for us I think, cold, wet and windy, glad I`m in school this morning for a couple of hours. Tom will be out this afternoon for a few hours too volunteering so apart from that we don`t have much to do today. Might try to scan some more pictures, time consuming but good to see some much older pictures on the computer.

Ready for this winter to be over, but getting good use out of the winter boots and coats.

Making a chicken and leek pie for dinner tonight, hoping the pastry turns out nicely, will do some veg to go along side it, won`t need potato as it`s very filling, but very winter warming.

Tea coming up with toast and preserves for breakfast before I head out.

1710139476223.jpeg

cv45-S.jpg

cv91-S.jpg

Have a lovely Monday ☺️

Quick hello before I head to work. This week is spring break, so dh is off all week.

Absolutely. Good luck

I’m sorry you had that experience. I don’t understand why some people are so unwelcoming. Sadly, I have had a similar experience when visiting a church.

Back from the very crowded Disney Springs.
I think I’m going to avoid Disney Springs on the next trip. Are you going to go to any of the concerts at EPCOT? I saw that Rick Springfield is performing today.

We are planning a slightly different trip this time. We are going to do less traditional park time and instead do some of the experiences. Dh wants to do the fireworks viewing party at the Contemporary hotel. We are also looking at the Keys to the Kingdom tour and maybe one of the after hours events. We have a long time to wait until we can start booking things though. We have also decided not to make ADRs. We are just going to wing it when it comes to food. I have been looking at the Disney app and there seems to be several reservations available the day before or the day of. I have even seen some of the hard to get places have openings. We are going to go and just take our chances. I’m calling it dining roulette.

Quick hello before I head to work. This week is spring break, so dh is off all week.

I’m sorry you had that experience. I don’t understand why some people are so unwelcoming. Sadly, I have had a similar experience when visiting a church.

I think I’m going to avoid Disney Springs on the next trip. Are you going to go to any of the concerts at EPCOT? I saw that Rick Springfield is performing today.

We are planning a slightly different trip this time. We are going to do less traditional park time and instead do some of the experiences. Dh wants to do the fireworks viewing party at the Contemporary hotel. We are also looking at the Keys to the Kingdom tour and maybe one of the after hours events. We have a long time to wait until we can start booking things though. We have also decided not to make ADRs. We are just going to wing it when it comes to food. I have been looking at the Disney app and there seems to be several reservations available the day before or the day of. I have even seen some of the hard to get places have openings. We are going to go and just take our chances. I’m calling it dining roulette.

My friend D who is in my TR is Rick Springfield`s tour manager. A fact that may only be interesting to me of course lol......

And one of our lovely ladies has a family birthday today although they celebrated yesterday I`d love to wish Ruth`s husband Roger a very :bday:

Hope he has a lovely day being pampered.......🎁🎉🎈

1710165914694.gif

1710165969850.gif

Had a nice few hours in school this morning, Tom is off out volunteering again this afternoon, think this is his only day this week, so I`m making a bbq sauce for some other night when we have pulled pork, if we don`t have that tomorrow night it freezes well enough.

Weather is miserable, but cosy inside, glad I`m not out there. Not quite warm enough to walk just yet.

Cuppa tea time......

Cool day compared to the almost too hot yesterday. But glorious sunshine.

Mouse ride picture. Difference between little one and me, so just have the laugh at me:
IMG_3217.jpeg

Yeah, didn’t secure my hair enough either.

Having a great time, and have a donut to snack on later this afternoon or evening, part of included food, and coffee at thst Everglade donut shop next to the bowling last night. Food was good and bowling was fun. Lots of people, but any lines that started, were not too bad. I think the event was very well done.

Tomorrow, some Potter fun probably.

Most Marvelous Monday to all. And welcome to Spring Break crowds here.

Keisha, yes had to get the highest pass due to out of state. D23 event was great.
We no longer get a discount on the sorcerer pass , happy enough to be eligible to buy it tho lol

Nice to hear u enjoyed the event. Several bloggers complaining ‘no Disney’ as to characters etc as they did with the 10th.

Odd, We’ve never had any of our trips line up with any of the d23 events. Sooner or later lol
am starting to burn out on pizza …imagine tha
Hell has frozen over. Enjoy ur company
Always the exception of course when someone joined our book group dead set on causing issues.
I was in good behavior. Didn’t point my ✂️ at amyone
Another cold and miserable day ahead for us I think, cold, wet and windy, glad I`m in school this morning for a couple of hours
Yucky weather. Should bounce up to crack 40 degrees here. Wasn’t amused to take pooch out today & see this remnant. Way too late in season for snow to stick
9C2933EC-04E7-49DC-8955-5966E64CDCAE.jpeg
I saw that Rick Springfield is performing today.
Still wishing he had Jessie’s girl after all these years lol
Dh wants to do the fireworks viewing party at the Contemporary hotel. We are also looking at the Keys to the Kingdom tour
Or dinner at GRand CA in same ball park. Even with menu changes, pre fix menu( tbe fillet is still a winner.

Haven’t done that tour in long time. Did enjoy all of it with exception of jarring viewing of characters with headpieces off backstage lol
I’m calling it dining roulette.
Lol love that name. U r brave. We eat offsite a lot when he & me. Family along = we do the bubble thing for large part at their request
My friend D who is in my TR is Rick Springfield`s tour manager. A fact that may only be interesting to me of course lol......
How cool is that?

How the heck is he able to still
Tour?

One of my friends has been truly obsessed with him for decades. Intelligent woman, a software engineer.

He was considered a heart throb by many. Not my cuppa, to each their own! She would tape a soap opera & Watch him everyday after work. Would leave the Hubs & kids & trot off to catch him somewhere on tour, at least once, every year with the gals. (I gracefully would decline)

Ruth -happy happy to your husband! Hope he had a great day

That’s pretty cool. I had such a crush on him when I was in high school. He’s actually going to be performing not too far from me at the end of this month. He’s doing a concert with REO Speedwagon. I thought about getting tickets, but the good seats are a little more than I want to spend.

Happy birthday to Roger!

We no longer get a discount on the sorcerer pass , happy enough to be eligible to buy it tho lol

Nice to hear u enjoyed the event. Several bloggers complaining ‘no Disney’ as to characters etc as they did with the 10th.

Odd, We’ve never had any of our trips line up with any of the d23 events. Sooner or later lol

Hell has frozen over. Enjoy ur company

I was in good behavior. Didn’t point my ✂️ at amyone

Yucky weather. Should bounce up to crack 40 degrees here. Wasn’t amused to take pooch out today & see this remnant. Way too late in season for snow to stick
View attachment 840958

Still wishing he had Jessie’s girl after all these years lol

Or dinner at GRand CA in same ball park. Even with menu changes, pre fix menu( tbe fillet is still a winner.

Haven’t done that tour in long time. Did enjoy all of it with exception of jarring viewing of characters with headpieces off backstage lol

Lol love that name. U r brave. We eat offsite a lot when he & me. Family along = we do the bubble thing for large part at their request

How cool is that?

How the heck is he able to still
Tour?

One of my friends has been truly obsessed with him for decades. Intelligent woman, a software engineer.

He was considered a heart throb by many. Not my cuppa, to each their own! She would tape a soap opera & Watch him everyday after work. Would leave the Hubs & kids & trot off to catch him somewhere on tour, at least once, every year with the gals. (I gracefully would decline)

Ruth -happy happy to your husband! Hope he had a great day

lol......You have frost!!!! That is colder than us by far, keep cosy!!

Yes, you sometimes don`t have to take aim for folks to be odd, I know that well enough over the years, shame you felt that way though, not nice.

He still tours, he was poorly a few weeks ago, he had a cold and D was hoping it was just a cold and not worse. But yes, he`s still out there and she says he is the nicest man to be around. I did tell her I want to meet him one day if we`re around and so is he.....she said absolutely.

I was never a huge fan, couldn`t name a lot of his other hits, but I did like Jessie`s Girl....who didn`t!!! But sounds like your friend had it bad for him lol......

That’s pretty cool. I had such a crush on him when I was in high school. He’s actually going to be performing not too far from me at the end of this month. He’s doing a concert with REO Speedwagon. I thought about getting tickets, but the good seats are a little more than I want to spend.

Happy birthday to Roger!

You did?? He does seem like a cool guy in real life.

I adore REO Speedwagon!! They are such a brilliant band with some amazing hits, love em all!!!

Newsflash.......still cold!!!

I just checked availability for tonight. Lots of good options. Even some for Be Our Guest. That’s usually a difficult one to get.

He was considered a heart throb by many. Not my cuppa, to each their own! She would tape a soap opera & Watch him everyday after work.
General Hospital. He played Dr. Noah Drake.

And one of our lovely ladies has a family birthday today although they celebrated yesterday I`d love to wish Ruth`s husband Roger a very :bday:

Hope he has a lovely day being pampered.......🎁🎉🎈

Had a nice few hours in school this morning, Tom is off out volunteering again this afternoon, think this is his only day this week, so I`m making a bbq sauce for some other night when we have pulled pork, if we don`t have that tomorrow night it freezes well enough.

Weather is miserable, but cosy inside, glad I`m not out there. Not quite warm enough to walk just yet.

Cuppa tea time......
Thanks for the birthday wish for Roger:) He is pampering me, however, because I'm still walking like a little old lady! He went grocery shopping today, did some laundry, and made the beds. Wow, I never knew he could do that, LOL.

We had family over yesterday all day to visit and have cake and ice cream. Lots of fun, but now back to "normal".

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter