Something About Nothing............ #14

Morning Mac! Enjoyed watching the WD last night? Gee, may be warmer than you today.

Morning Charade, yeah, I can't believe almost a year of college has gone by already for little one too, though she ends the end of April. And she's already a Sophomore. So, she gets first choice of classes in the Fall. And, even nicer, she's home for Spring Break. Think she's sleeping in today, as have not heard her. Luckily, older one only has one morning class, so she has a car to use soon, if she wants to go out.

Hey, DisneyLife, Morning, hope you are feeling well today, and had a nice week-end.

Morning to McK, too, hope you are not coughing now, and feel better too, and also had a nice week-end..

:wave2:

Thank you Lynne! Yup feeling better we had a very busy weekend so not a lot of rest actually, I’m off tomorrow though and I plan to have a really lazy day.

We have not even been out to eat since got sick, plenty of home cooked is probably best after that anyway, actually yesterday we did stop by Burger King for some sausage biscuits which those are excellent.

Thanks everyone for the well wishes again I saw Pattyw just posted as well :wave2:

We are on a stretch of fairly good weather right now 50 and 60’s in March in Nebraska I’ll take it! ::yes::

Schumi and everyone else I hope you’re getting well soon also.

She has Tom looking after her and bacon............I think she’s set! :thumbsup2

Have a good day everyone!!!

Yay! Patty fared well with the snow, and Troy came home! Sweet! Yeah, not much snow for us, though the almanac says March snow storm coming. Hope that means, no where near me. Mountains, yes, as many in my area, like to do Spring skiing, if the weather holds.

DisneyLife, glad to hear feeling better, and hope your sick bay house is now void of sick family members. Yay, for a lazy day on your day off, and we also enjoy a breakfast sandwich at BK, sometimes.

Lazy days are good DLPN......gives you a chance to recharge if you’ve been both a little low but still busy. We don’t go to either BK or McD’s but if they had what was on offer in America we absolutely would!! I love anything that involves sausage biscuits or biscuits and gravy.......American style of course....if you asked for biscuits and gravy over here it would be a very weird dish!!!

Lynne, our idea of skiing is being in the resort, sitting in the hotel lobby bar with a big roaring fire and a drink......watching everyone out in the cold skiing.....we did that in Switzerland many years ago and everyone asked us how we enjoyed our skiing holiday when we got home......told them we loved the place, but who said we were going skiing.......:confused3 But, glad you’re not getting too bad a weather right now....

Just woke up, slept for nearly 4 hours! Now I just need water.....chicken noodle soup while gorgeous, was a little salty.

I can hear Tom rumbling around starting dinner......appointment is a later one so we’ll eat first.

And sun is just about still shining......we can really see the days begin to stretch out a little.

:wave2: making a quick stop in!!!

Looks like everyone was posting lots over the weekend. Lots of talk about bacon sandwiches...I would never turn one of those down lol

@schumigirl I hope you get better soon. Those bugs can sure take a while to recover from. Enjoy the house cleaner. It is nice to be able to just relax and not have to worry about it getting done. It is something I have done as well, when I'm so busy with everything else, I get her to come in...and wow...it just feels sooo good to have someone come in a do it for you.

@bobbie68...congrats to your son for the new license. It is nice when we do not have to be the taxi driver for them. Our youngest is currently finishing up his driver training course and is eager to have his license. It took him a bit to want to get it. It will be nice when I can take Taxi driver off my resume lol

@cam757 Welcome back!!! Life sure does get busy at times.

@keishashadow ...I can TOTALLY relate to the cold slapping you in the face. Those days I like to hibernate and not go out. Those are the day I ask myself why I live where the air hurts my face.

@Sue M ...The beach picture looks perfect!!! I can feel the warm sand on my feet and hot humid air!!!

WE had a great weekend away. I was NOT ready to come home...but alas...we need to get our butts back to work, and I had already hit the books last night studying. We had some great food and beverages, the Oilers WON their game...and it was a nail biter...and my favorite player made 2 assists and one goal. It was great to watch McDavid play as well. But you can tell he is NOT at 100% yet...even from his knew injury...but when you watch him, there is something unique about how he plays that is different from all the others.

I didn't even take any pictures of some of the food we had. We went to a great fondue place...and it was probably the best meal we have had in a long time. We had all three courses of fondue...cheese, main, and dessert. We left needing to unbutton our pants, but it was sooo worth it.

Came back home to more snow. We did get close to a foot of snow here. There were a couple of inches where we were...but not like here at home. Oh well...it''s March, so hopefully the worst of winter is behind us now.

Well...I should probably pretend to look like I'm working. My motivation is not very high today lol.

Have a great day everyone!

mrose.......I love a nap during the day, only in winter though......although right now I’m dropping off at the drop of a hat. The logging of driving hours sounds a good idea, no such thing over here....you get your lessons, however many you need, Pass a theory test (not when Tom and I were young) then apply for your test. Then you drive......anywhere you like. Most don’t get taught how to drive on motorways which we always thought should be included. Glad to hear you’re doing much better.
I love the idea of an afternoon nap, but the reality is I usually wake up cranky.

Highway and Interstate driving is scary when you first start. All my kids were nervous, but we introduced each new driving experience slow. By the time my youngest was driving and we were in WDW, she was driving around Disney at 17. Not by herself, with us in the car. Big cities are also crazy to drive in sometimes and they do well. They can drive in NYC, Philly, to Jersey beaches on up and down the East coast on I95 and they don't get ruffled anymore. I never wanted them to be afraid of driving because my mom was and still won't drive many places. I forced myself to learn to drive in cities and on really busy roads and not be afraid like the way I grew up. I always say driving on I4 through Orlando is like Mario Kart video game, though!
On a side note, I keep getting ads for masks on this page.
I started to get them also this weekend.
They have an Irish dance show that I want to see. Unfortunately it doesn't start until the week after we are going. WIll have to go back later in the spring to catch it.
That sounds like a lot of fun! I love to go to Raglan Road to watch the show. That's the closest I've come to seeing any type of Irish show.
Morning to McK, too, hope you are not coughing now, and feel better too, and also had a nice week-end..
I'm doing well. Still coughing and stuffy, but better.
Anyone for some paczki???
My grandmother used to make those! She made some kind of prune filling for them.
We are on a stretch of fairly good weather right now 50 and 60’s in March in Nebraska I’ll take it!
I would take it too! Sounds lovely! We got up to 40's today and it was much better than 20's yesterday.
Yeah, not much snow for us, though the almanac says March snow storm coming
Ack!! Don't say that!
Lynne, our idea of skiing is being in the resort, sitting in the hotel lobby bar with a big roaring fire and a drink......watching everyone out in the cold skiing.....we did that in Switzerland many years ago and everyone asked us how we enjoyed our skiing holiday when we got home......told them we loved the place, but who said we were going skiing......
That's my idea of skiing also! One of my friends broke her wrist a few years ago getting off the ski lift so now I'm a little leery of slippery ice and snow sports. The idea of something breaking if I fall is on my mind. We do still snow tube, sled, and snow shoe though.
We had some great food and beverages, the Oilers WON their game...and it was a nail biter...and my favorite player made 2 assists and one goal. It was great to watch McDavid play as well. But you can tell he is NOT at 100% yet...even from his knew injury...but when you watch him, there is something unique about how he plays that is different from all the others.
So glad you had a great time at the hockey game! It sounds like a lot of fun.
We went to a great fondue place...and it was probably the best meal we have had in a long time.
And that sounds YUM!!

Today was a nice, sunny day. Warmer than the past few days, which was a very welcome treat. Youngest dd and I went shopping a little for some things. She's on spring break right now. Got hubby and dd's boyfriend to move the chest freezer from the garage to the basement tonight. It's in a way more convenient place for us now. Hubby has to run a new outlet, but he's handy and will get it done this weekend. I just have to bleach it out tomorrow.

Hope everyone has a relaxing evening!

Good evening everyone. It has been a rough day. Work was unusually busy. I ended up staying an hour and a half longer than I usually do.
We have a client, a senior citizen, who is really sweet, but also very scatterbrained. We often have to send her several reminder notices for her appointments and she often doesn't show or is very late. She was supposed to have an appointment Thursday, but never responded to any of our text messages asking her to confirm. My boss decided to cancel her appointment and schedule someone else. Ten minutes after her appointment time she shows up and I have to tell her that we cancelled her appointment. (Turns out that she had her phone off for 2 days and forgot to turn it back on.)I felt really bad because I know she has a lot going on in her life right now. Her husband is a disabled veteran whose health is rapidly declining. I promised I would call her with the first cancellation we got. Today I called her because we had 2 cancellations for tomorrow. She informed me that her husband had passed away yesterday. She's coming in tomorrow afternoon. Her therapist was surprised that she was going to come in so soon after her husband's passing, but I think she just needs someone other than family to talk to right now.

On a lighter note, I picked up the mail today and had received and application to join the NRA. That gave me a good laugh. I'm not anti-gun, but I also have no desire to ever own one either.

I think I will go find something mind numbing to watch on TV.

Pumpkin....yes, bacon is always welcome!!! Glad you had such a lovely weekend.....and yes, back to reality and books suck!!! And add snow in the mix....yuk!!! Yes looking forward to having a "lady what does" she popped round yesterday and laughed did I really need someone......we are a little tidy in this house! But, she`ll be a godsend next couple of months I`m sure. And I`ve promised not to clean before she appears......

mrose, yes we love driving in Orlando, but driving is something we love anyway. We all used to drive Raleigh cars for fun and Kyle drove them too before he could legally drive on main roads. Private land is ok. I know what you mean about wanting them to be confident. My mum never drove....but we lived in a little town that had everything she needed, so had no desire to drive. I was keen to follow all my siblings who learned to drive as soon as they were 17. And we made sure as soon as Kyle could apply, he did. And I`m glad to see he is confident on the roads too.

I do have one friend up in Scotland who has been driving longer than me, but will only drive locally to where she lives. She shakes her head at me driving up to Scotland on my own saying she couldn't do that!!! Amazes me every time......

Tuesday.

Another slow start where all I`ve done is order an online shop to come Thursday...….Tom has popped out to get some fresh stuff this morning, we always run out of milk in this house!

No tacos for us.....none of us like it.....so I think Tom is making chicken pasta carbonara, I wrote my recipe out for him.....I realised I never use specific measurements for anything....it`s a shake of this and a splodge of that......oops! Goodness knows how it`ll turn out........

Pumpkin, sounded like a great weekend watching the hockey game. Yum, to all that food. Eh, days of being motivated, can be far and few between. Hope your snow doesn't stay around, and you get some warmer weather soon.

McK, yeah, I taught both my kids to drive, and took them all over the city, crazy winding roads, construction "cattle chute" skinny roads, during bad weather, and up on the highways routinely, and both are very good drivers. Little one's one friend was amazed little one did highway driving. Guess not all kids got the you drive everywhere, I made my kids do. Little one got her license at 16, older one got his at 18. He was later, as mainly because he let other kids drive him to high school. He had to get the license, as we told him, we are not driving him to the commuter college he goes to, and he was not keen on using multiple public buses to get there.

Yay, Schumi's hopefully feeling fine now. HeHe, I am a blanket stealer, can relate to that funny you posted. Yum, I make that pasta quite often, though I leave some plain, with red sauce on the side, as little one is the only one who doesn't like carbonara sauce, nor the peas. She does also get the bacon on the side, as she'll eat it without putting it in her pasta. Hope Tom's pasta dish comes out perfect. And yeah, even with a recipe, I tend to add or subtract or eye it, so each time I make, may not be exactly the same.

478402 Yes homies, a Tuesday is here. Tacos is on the menu today, and Mac will be doing her Taco Bell run, so get your orders in before dinner time. And most likely no tacos for us either, as we did a Taco Bell run last night. Store a bit away from us, is where we wanted to go last night, and it's near a Taco Bell. Little one had heard the nacho fries were at the end of their limited run, so we just had to stop and have them.

So, a foggy, wet commute, dark skies, but warmer. 46 said the car. Nice.

Have a totally happy Tuesday, homies. Good Morning!

No peas for us in dishes like that Lynne, not a fan...I like a creamy sauce with only blackened peppers added usually in all variations.....change of plans....macaroni cheese with chicken now......I have a can of evaporated milk and I like that in that dish.....it`s fairly easy too. Don`t add it every time we make it, but it does add something special to chicken mac n cheese......

It`s difficult, as I never follow a recipe. It`ll be lovely I`m sure.....

Cold feet are a curse!!!

Just had a call from "The Internet" lol......apparently my named specific computer is not working and for a flat fee and my cc details of course they`ll fix it there and then.......I couldn't even be bothered to lead them on a long fake conversation, so just hung up......I may have used an expletive first though.....:rolleyes1

Almost lunch time here.........🥪🧁🥤

Oh, I am not a fan of peas either, Schumi, but I don't mind tossing them in, when I make the pasta. Mac and cheese with chicken sounds great for dinner. Hmmm.

Good Morning,

Thanks for the warm welcome back. I missed this bunch! Still need to do some catchup reading.

Early day for me today. Had to be at work at 5 a.m. for the election today. I am so ready for a nap now. I need to turn this heater off in my office before I start snoozing. Long day ahead though. Lots of time for my DIS catchup.

Taco Tuesday indeed! Left Taco fixings for my DH to make for dinner since I will not be home. Something tells me that he will just go by Taco Bell instead. No school for DS today so I am sure he is having a nice sleep-in.

High 60's today but I think it may rain some. Hope everyone has a great day and stays safe from wild weather and rampant viruses.

Yeah, Mac, saw they are saying 9 deaths from that Nashville area tornado. Scary, and sending good thoughts to all suffering from losing someone, and to those that have property damage.

Hope the polls are busy, Cam. Oh, I would use my little office heater, but with the rain coming later today, the weather is almost nice out, so it's not a cool as can be inside. In the low 60's the high here too.

it''s March, so hopefully the worst of winter is behind us now.

I hope so! I'm so ready for spring!

My grandmother used to make those! She made some kind of prune filling for them.

Yes! Mine did too! You can't find ones like that anymore!

It has been a rough day. Work was unusually busy.

Hoping today goes smoother for you, Charade!

So, a foggy, wet commute, dark skies, but warmer. 46 said the car. Nice.

Same weather here! Foggy and mild!

cats woke me up at 3 thinking it was food time so watched weather channel

So did you give in and feed them at 3am?
We make sure not to go out to the kitchen in the middle of the night as the whole gang thinks it's breakfast time! I keep water and a snack in my bedroom!

High 60's today but I think it may rain some.

Yes- rain here, too!

@schumigirl - Glad you're feeling better !!

Happy Taco Tuesday all! A chalupa sounds wonderful!! Haven't had breakfast and I'm on to lunch! :laughing:

Have a Terrific Tuesday all!!

Morning Sans family :wave2:

E97FEEC6-292C-424C-BF0B-F1527ACD7969.jpeg

B65E7B36-678C-49B7-851B-584B30578FD2.jpeg

488B98A9-DFF0-4F41-A720-1BDD092D1027.png

Just watching news and seeing coverage about Tornado in Nashville with 9 people killed. So sad. Thousands without power. Heart goes out to those who have passed so tragically and their families.

Happy Birthday!!!!
:cake::bday::cake::rainbow::dogdance::cheer2::banana::grouphug:

Thank you mckennarose.

Happy birthday :bday: I hope it's a good one, even with the dentist appointment. And all the trip planning sounds like fun!

Thank you Pumpkin 1172.......Ido enjoy planning trips with the grandchildren.

Have a very happy birthday, Robo. Nice to celebrate with your granddaughter and neighbors. Congratulations to your granddaughter finishing her MBA and getting a great sounding job. Yeah, they do grow up. And also happy to hear grandson and you had some fun too.

Thank you Lynne.....Had a really nice visit with granddaughter. I was so sad to see her go. She had her first day at her new job yesterday.

Happy birthday Robo!!! So sorry you have to spend part of it with the dentist.

Thank you Charade.

I step away from my phone for a bit and find out it is Robo’s birthday

I have such limitations using the phone to post so using the board pictures for a proper birthday wish for her

:bday: :cake: Robbie!

Thank you Mac....your board pictures were great.

Robo Happy Birthday party: I hope you have a great day! It sounds like you have some nice weather coming in, enjoy it. Congrats to your granddaughter and enjoy her visit.

Thank you bobbie68

Thank you everyone for the warm get well wishes! You're all such nice people! My throat is a little less sore today, which is good. That's the part about being sick that I hate the most. I am still coughing and stuffy but hopefully it won't last too long. I did have a flu shot in the Fall, and this feels just like a regular cold so far. There are a lot of people sick with the flu around here now.

Get well soon mckennarose.

Happy Birthday!!

Thank you monyk. Great news on the money raised. That is awesome.

Got to see the college kid briefly as she came home to fly out to SEattle from our airport. Middle kid is off to ARizona to check out the college there in a couple weeks, then Minnesota at end of March to check that campus. Trying to plan for August and HHN and Thanksgiving is proving difficult as I don't know what kid will be where by then.

Hope your daughter finds the school she likes.

Cold med kicking in, may be time to snooze.

Get well soon.

I’m only one who enjoys (cold) meatloaf in family. One DS will eat if its all I have in the fridge. have had this version in my online recipe box for ages.

B9B7D9BF-7100-45ED-A9B3-1AA1F8C7BF8F.jpeg

Haha.....great looking idea for a HHN meal.

Bad headache still so will slowly work on getting caught back up.

Get well soon.......seems there are so many of our Sans family in sick Bay.

Tonight I attempted omelets and buttermilk biscuits for supper. The omelets were a bit of a disaster, but tasted fine. The biscuits were edible, but not very good. Dh ate several through. I think I need to stick to desserts.

If at first you don’t succeed try.....try....again.

It`s Friday......been a little under the weather last few days...thanks to mac and Janet for their "keeping me cheerful emails".....appreciate them a lot!!! Apart from their emails, I haven`t even glanced at the internet last few days

Sending you get well wishes dear lady. Hope you feel better soon.

I really love the Skechers Go Walk slip on shoes. I wore out my solid blue pair and would like to replace them.

Check online at Bealls they have the go walks on sale right now.

Charlie passed his permit test yesterday:woohoo: so let the anxiety begin with driving!! Our goal is that he will have his license before the end of June. You have to wait 3 months after you get your permit totake it.

Congratulations to Charlie.

It’s been advised folks should build a ‘bug-in’ kit to last two weeks re food, bottled water, RXs etc.

My sister in Orlando has been keeping me up to date on what’s happening in the news there. She is only 95 miles north of me and they are concerned as they live in a very touristy area of Florida.
They went to look for N-95 masks at Lowe’s and the guy in front of them at the cash register had gone and bought up every box of N-95 masks.

Then to make matters worse the same guy posted them the next day for
$ 45.00 a piece. I hope no one buys any of them from him. I’am all about entrepreneurs, but not those kind.

Today at the store was weird. Lots of people looking for masks. Kinda scary. Tomorrow hubs and I go to Sam's club so it should be interesting to see what's going on there.

All the masks and hand sanitizer are gone according to my sister. I even checked here locally while in the store and they are all sold out.

She called me yesterday and told me the Governor of Florida had declared a state of emergency. I have not been watching any of the news. I’am afraid news stations are creating a bit of mass hysteria.

Hopefully this virus will be gone soon and all will be well.

I hope my Mr is ok for golf tomorrow. The other day he went with our friend over to the store to pick up some things and he fell. You really have to look down here. The sidewalks are very uneven, and sometimes it’s cobblestone. He says his ribs are sore. Ugh.

Sue hope your hubby gets to feeling better soon.

Popping in to say hello.

:wave2:

I like not lifting a finger too!!! Lol.......think I’m going to hire a cleaner for a few weeks.....Tom doesn’t mind, but I’d rather he not do everything. Never had one before.......

Sounds like a plan. Hope you find someone you like.

File this under i’m Pretty sure monky’s chickens are smarter than most people

:rotfl2:

And a belated :bday: to our @Robo56......sorry I missed it Robo and hope you had a lovely day.......:cake:

Thank you Carole.......Continued get well wishes coming your way.....and good sprinkle of mummy dust.

And some flowery fun in town for me, little one and my Dsis. Ladies day out today. Glad the winds will be lighter today, and warmer too, mid 40’s. Nice.

Beautiful pics Lynne. What a nice way to spend the day with daughter and your sis.

My DH came to me many years ago bemoaning the smell that would emit from cabbage. Didn’t faze me one bit :). I always have put a 1/4 of head into my beef veggie soup that he loves. The one time I didn’t have any, he commented it didn’t taste the same. Oh, the look on his face when I informed him he had been eating cabbage for decades :)

Always fun to share the ingredient list and see the surprise. Have not ever been able to get hubby into eating ground turkey or ground chicken. He can detect the difference no matter what it is in. The man knows his beef...LOL.

The news isn't helping with the sensationalized stories.

Not at all.

Just had a call from "The Internet" lol......apparently my named specific computer is not working and for a flat fee and my cc details of course they`ll fix it there and then.......I couldn't even be bothered to lead them on a long fake conversation, so just hung up......I may have used an expletive first though.....:rolleyes1

:hyper:

Sending good wishes to Tink.....you area missed here.

Dixumi hope all is well with you.

Pattyw....glad to hear you didn’t get hit with the predicted wall of snow. So nice to hear Troy was able to make a visit home. I was in Walmart last week and heard a woman squeal with delight at the sight of the Paczki donuts. She said Walmart carries them for limited time during this time of the year. She bought every box they had to take in to work and share.

Sun is shining this morning :sunny: supposed to be 85 today. Sending some Florida sun to all who need it.

Get well to all in sick bay

Sheldon loves to have this sung to him when he is sick

FD154173-D27A-4C65-A448-08DB9D03ACFD.png

7A208693-215B-4FD5-B751-8633F986CADF.gif

Had a nice birthday dinner. Neighbors were so sweet. Enjoyed all the friends, good food and fact that granddaughter was here was icing on the cake for sure. Was sad to take her back to airport.

Made hotel ressies for trip with grandson. Fingers crossed no cancellation do to virus. Had my reservations for HHN already.

Have appointment for dentist to have temporary cap put on today. Then will go back when permanent cap ready. The perils of getting old.....LOL...even your teeth need help.

Mac it’s Taco Tuesday for you.

So thankful to have a sweet hubby, family and friends.

My wish for you all today is Good health and happiness Sans family.

Have a great Tuesday

Last edited:
Sorry......somehow I have a quote at the end of message and can’t get rid of it. So will have to expand to read all of messages.

Think I figured it out.

Now it’s 19 deaths in Nashville due to thr tornado
Watching live coverage with peeps on the streets

It’s 65 here now and if I hurry and leave the house now, I should miss the rain that is coming later today

catch you homies later this afternoon!

Oh my terrible that the death count has climbed so much higher. Prayers to all effected by that tornado damage.

Robo, glad to see you pop in here. Happy you had a nice birthday, and woot! Trip with grandson and HHN one. Hoping we can cross paths this year.

Almost time to take my lunchtime walk, with a cloudy sky. Seems rain will grace us, later this afternoon.

Hope all had a reason to smile today.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter