Something About Nothing............ #14

Lynne.....you had fog too last night?? We must have similar weather at times.....albeit yours is much colder......

Charade, yes these calls are becoming More regular now. I guess they must be getting some folks to fall for it if they keep doing it...yes, my friends are the best!!! Except for the two who didn’t ask how I was....lol.......I’m very lucky with friends.

mrose......good luck at the doctors.....how you’re feeling better soon......sounds quite nasty and worthy of a docs visit.

Janet......thanks :hug:.....yes, long haul.....might be the end of rollercoasters though.....:( Are you still watching Dr Who?? I thought Tom was but he said he gave up weeks ago....too politically correct and preachy......

Good news on the scan, but oh no on the dental issue again!!! Sending you back some hugs......::yes::

Sue, glad you’re having a lovely trip.

mac.......grass cutting once a week already!! How lovely though your weather is nice enough to have to do that. Our gardener told us today he thinks ours will need doing before the end of the month......

So, I think I like having a “lady what does” coming in.......she was here two hours and at first had to ask what I wanted her to do..nice lady. I have met her before as her husband does gardening jobs and odd jobs for us, so I knew I’d like her.

Had a lovely beef casserole for dinner tonight, compliments of my mate Fliss.

Beautiful sunny day here and I’m told it’s cold outside......I’ll take his word for it......

Hope everyone is having a lovely Wednesday.......

Nice lazy day here spent at pool talking to newly made friends! In the morning we went to Walmart yo get some groceries and I picked up some vanilla to take home. There’s something about Mexican vanilla that’s so good. I picked up a bottle for my good friend down the lane. She bakes a lot and will appreciate it.

Tomorrow is a big market by the marina so I’d like to go down. And we’re going out to dinner.

Time to head back upstairs.

Schumi glad you found someone you like for cleaning. I used to have a great lady but she retired and I never got around to replacing her.

Mrose sorry about sinus infection they seem to take awhile to go away.

Lynne do you work in the city?

Sue, I don’t work in NYC, but I do work in my city.

Large pizza slice and 1/2 a container of chicken teriyaki with udon noodles and vegetables, so an easy street dinner for us. We decided to hit the pavement bright and early tomorrow morning, so chilling in the room now with a hot shower done, and a chance to rest those feet well.

And cute, the window screen, though somehow upside down.
A55B46E1-A9EB-479C-9951-CA6663F52F9F.jpeg

Good evening Sans family :wave2:

It reached 90 here today. Was plenty hot. Then we lost power about an hour ago and it came back on quickly.....LOL...It’s 7: 15 pm and still 81.

Well temporary crown on.......almost felt like asking the dental assistant to give me the suction tube a few times, but she was new and everyone has to learn....Dentist took it from her a couple of times. After procedure I told her I wanted to rinse my mouth out. I was rinsing the remainder of the amalgam filling material that Dentist drilled out which should have been suctioned out......LOL....I must have been a sight to them....I had a death grip on the chair handle....he had me numbed up plenty.....LOL.

Not a fan of visiting the dentist and I doubt anyone is......that would be a scary house for HHN.

Robo, glad to see you pop in here. Happy you had a nice birthday, and woot! Trip with grandson and HHN one. Hoping we can cross paths this year.

That would be nice to cross paths with you again during HHN.

Thank you for the good wishes.....hoping to be doing better soon, I’m not used to this......but always shows who your real friends are. Just had two bring round some more food......lol.....we are over run with dishes!!!

And enjoy that lovely weather......:wave2:

Schumi so glad to hear your friends are helping out and making sure you are well cared for with meals and visits. Hope you feel better soon
:hug:

Thank you......yes we have 8 weeks.....not that I’m counting of course.......:rolleyes1

You have your upcoming trip to look forward too. Getting back to the warm Florida sun will help.

Hoping for the best for you. One of our clients is supposed to go to Paris next week, but still isn't sure if she is going.

I always take grandchildren on vacation in May. Will be grandson again this May. Hope things are sorted then so he can enjoy his vacation.

My poor husband just had to have 3 crowns. I have been very lucky when it comes to teeth.

I never had any crowns until 2 years ago. Now this is number 3.

Good news CAT scan approved for sinuses, as expected. On hold, due to dental issues, consult with oral surgeon tomorrow. what are ‘dem odds? You have to laugh

Yeah to getting CAT Scan approved........boo to dental issues. Hope you get good news at oral surgeon tomorrow.

You’re talking September trip? If so, that’s a long way off. We should know what level of impact we’re dealing within a month. Here’s hoping the upcoming warm weather kills it off & it doesn’t come back in the fall.

Talking about May trip with grandson. Hopefully everything will calm down and all will be well.

Decided to take him to ER here. Had x rays. Nothing broken. Doc gave him anti inflammatory pill and topical cream. He’ll live. Thanks to everyone who asked.

Sue sorry to hear about your hubby’s injury. Thank goodness no broken ribs or wrist. Sending get well wishes for his speedy recovery.

Thanks for the well wishes everyone! I have a sinus infection, but they swabbed me for flu because I had a fever, which I didn't even know. Flu swab was negative. I have antibiotics, cough meds and steroids. Will be on the mend soon!
The headache started yesterday, which is usually a dead giveaway for me. I can't get rid of it. I'm sure I'll be feeling better by tomorrow.

Hope the headache goes away as the antibiotics kick in. Those sinus infection headaches are terrible. Sending get well wishes your way.

Some fun

AEA55BB1-3DDB-462D-B053-F87C6E452D99.jpeg

70459C02-A831-4150-BC24-3D47780A9D52.jpeg

LOL....I like the Goddess reference.

9134C299-A38D-466F-AD50-067EFE956CC9.jpeg

E254BB76-0010-4438-82AD-DFD15801150E.jpeg

Have a great rest of the evening everyone.

Much slower day today. I did have to call a couple of clients and tell them about a problem we are having with their insurance. Fortunately both work in the medical field and understand the problems of insurance. Both we very understanding of the problem and offered to contact the insurance company.

Good news CAT scan approved for sinuses, as expected. On hold, due to dental issues, consult with oral surgeon tomorrow. what are ‘dem odds? You have to laugh
When it rains it pours. Hope all goes well with the oral surgeon.

Charade you must have the patience of a saint in your job!
I'm not sure if it's patience or stubbornness.

Decided to take him to ER here. Had x rays. Nothing broken. Doc gave him anti inflammatory pill and topical cream. He’ll live. Thanks to everyone who asked.
Glad to hear that it isn't too serious. Hope he feels better soon.

Thanks for the well wishes everyone! I have a sinus infection, but they swabbed me for flu because I had a fever, which I didn't even know. Flu swab was negative. I have antibiotics, cough meds and steroids. Will be on the mend soon!
Sorry about the sinus infection, but glad to hear it's not the flu. Sending well wishes.

Not a fan of visiting the dentist and I doubt anyone is.....
I wouldn't call myself a fan, but I really don't mind going to the dentist.

Lynne - Hope you have a great day in the city tomorrow.

Glad you`re on the correct meds for your condition....and glad you don't have flu! Sinus infections are so painful.....healing hugs sent your way...….

Ack, McK. is in sick bay. Hope the drugs help your sinus infection.

Having fun, walked more than a couple miles already.

View attachment 478729

I also didn`t realise you were in NYC this week.....I love that city, but seeing the ice rink....little too cold for me in the winter!!! But have fun and look after the tootsies with all the walking tomorrow....how long are you there for?

I’m the type if I had a cleaning lady, I would do my best to clean before the cleaning lady arrived to my house

lol....usually I`d be like that mac.....but can`t do it this time. She is fabulous and I can see Tom and I asking her to maybe carry on longer than planned......not sure yet, but will think on it.

Good evening Sans family :wave2:

It reached 90 here today. Was plenty hot. Then we lost power about an hour ago and it came back on quickly.....LOL...It’s 7: 15 pm and still 81.

Well temporary crown on.......almost felt like asking the dental assistant to give me the suction tube a few times, but she was new and everyone has to learn....Dentist took it from her a couple of times. After procedure I told her I wanted to rinse my mouth out. I was rinsing the remainder of the amalgam filling material that Dentist drilled out which should have been suctioned out......LOL....I must have been a sight to them....I had a death grip on the chair handle....he had me numbed up plenty.....LOL.

Not a fan of visiting the dentist and I doubt anyone is......that would be a scary house for HHN.

Schumi so glad to hear your friends are helping out and making sure you are well cared for with meals and visits. Hope you feel better soon
:hug:

You have your upcoming trip to look forward too. Getting back to the warm Florida sun will help.

I always take grandchildren on vacation in May. Will be grandson again this May. Hope things are sorted then so he can enjoy his vacation.

I never had any crowns until 2 years ago. Now this is number 3.

Talking about May trip with grandson. Hopefully everything will calm down and all will be well.

No power is quite a thing in the Florida heat!!! Glad it wasnt off for long.

Yes, dentists are never fun. But doesn`t sound like the best exereince for you yesterday.....

I`m sure it`ll be a lovely trip with your grandson in May. We`re there too and as long as the plane takes off we`ll be on it!!! Thank you....yes I think I need some of that gloriously warm Florida sunshine.....:sunny:

On my own this morning listening to the 80`s channel....it`s the most gorgeous sunny day and would be perfect for a walk....but not today.

Roast beef sandwiches for lunch today...…no idea what I`m having for dinner.....it`s a case of wait and see today.....

Grocery delivery coming between 12 and 1pm. That`s about the most exciting thing going on today!!!

Have a great Thursday...…..

Weather is in the 50’s so not that bad.

Hope you are feeling better Schumi, and we are here until Friday evening. Just a short trip. We like it here too. And no skating for us, though it would have been a good time, as few on it. In June, when we were here last, it was crowded.

Thirsty Thursday is here. So drink🍷 up.

Hotel has some basic breakfast stuff, which little one may not eat much. But they have coffee and tea, so
will be fine until we pick a place for lunch. We will be working up an appetite, as miles to walk today.

Happy Thursday homies.

Well wishes to all those in a sick bay home. Take care, and get some rest.

And yay! May trips for Robo and Schumi. Little one is done in early May. Hmmmm.

Good morning Schumi and Lynne :wave:

4846F7B0-C5D0-4302-A34A-9ECF13AC8AEA.jpeg

Lynne great pics......enjoy your time in the city with your daughter.

Schumi I finished your trip report yesterday. Thank you for taking the time to share your trip memories. I know it is a labor of love. You always explore and share great places to eat and visit. Tell the camera man (Tom) pictures were great as were your pictures. You all are always smiling and I know you cherish the vacation time with Kyle.

It’s supposed to be 91 here today then weather says 66 on Saturday as the high. Then heat will come in again.

Ibis are out digging for worms this morning. The lawn service came out and did lawn aeration so the birds are happily sticking there long bills in the dirt.

Going to make up a big batch of gravy and homemade meatballs for baked ziti this evening. I will freeze the rest for other Italian dishes later.

Schumi continued good healing wishes being sent your way.

To all the Sans family have a great Thursday.

Last edited:
4FF07B29-DC71-4045-B264-6088CB35CB31.jpeg

Update on my Mr, he fell a few days ago walking back from the store, the pavement here in Puerto Vallarta is very uneven at best. He stepped off curb into a big pot hole. Wasn’t looking down! Hit his upper chest and hand. 2 days later his hand got quite swollen and hurts to breathe.
Oh no, a header! At least they had what sounds to be decent medical facilities. My prescription, take dos cervazas & let us know in the morning:)
Janet......thanks :hug:.....yes, long haul.....might be the end of rollercoasters though.....:( Are you still watching Dr Who?? I thought Tom was but he said he gave up weeks ago....too politically correct and preachy......
Perhaps just for the next year or so to see how things settle. I heard the same advice, took it easy for a bit, then gradually worked some of the less aggressive ones back into my touring but looping ones totally out. Even the mummy is an issue for me, along with space mt as of that wild mouse in the dark type, too many unexpected dips/turns. Unfortunately, your back tends to have a pesky habit of letting you know when you’ve overdone it.
Hope they gave you the right ones to do the trick! My first sinus infection has been a real trip lol, into month #7

Rapid flu swab only, did they say they’d be getting final results the next day or so? Here, they do both as the swab has rather high false positives & negtives for that matter.
There’s something about Mexican vanilla that’s so good. I picked up a bottle for my good friend down the lane. She bakes a lot and will appreciate it.
The best, I joking say it’s the main reason I go to Mexico :). Grenada another great stop for spices.
I’m the type if I had a cleaning lady, I would do my best to clean before the cleaning lady arrived to my house
I found that to be rare indeed when i had that business. Well, except for the nunnery on my client list. Only dust was behind & under furniture. Not one of them under 70 y.o. But still spry. You could eat off their floors. It got to the point where I refused to charge them anything as entire job wouldn’t take a team more than 15 minutes. They then started to leave fresh-baked cookies :). Girls would ‘fight’ who got to take that job lol
Well temporary crown on.......almost felt like asking the dental assistant to give me the suction tube a few times, but she was new and everyone has to learn....Dentist took it from her a couple of times. After procedure I told her I wanted to rinse my mouth out. I was rinsing the remainder of the amalgam filling material that Dentist drilled out which should have been suctioned out......LOL....I must have been a sight to them....I had a death grip on the chair handle....he had me numbed up
Seriously, what gave it away you needed suctioned? Oh, I know...you started to gurgle. Duh. That is more common than not i’ve Found lol
Think positive says the woman who is leaving for cruise & WDW for two weeks on 3/27

I’m going, period!

In all actuality, my trip insurance doesn’t kick in to cancel unless there is a travel ban or declared pandemic. TBD there. More infected on the same Princess ship that had an elderly gentleman pass once he got home. Said passengers were on the original cruise with him, had extended their travels to another itinerary on the same ship.
Hotel has some basic breakfast stuff, which little one may not eat much. But they have coffee and tea, so
will be fine until we pick a place for lunch. We will be working up an appetite, as miles to walk today.
Just having something to take the edge of the hangry is nice. Enjoy, send pics :)

:wave2: Doing a quick stop in!!!

I have been reading along, just not posting. Life is busy as usual - but that's how it goes right now

@Sue M...I'm glad the hubby is ok. It sounds like your trip is going fantastic. Soak in that warm sunlight. It is good for a person's body. There is something in those warm tropical climates that is grounding and makes your body feel soo relaxed and peaceful. Soak it all in!!!!

@schumigirl...I'm glad your slowly on the mend. I hope the cleaning lady cleans to the standards you want...sometimes I have known people to get a dud in that category lol. How many more days until your May trip?

@mckennarose...Take care of yourself. Those sinus infections can be nasty. I am prone to those when I get a bad head cold...and those headaches are the worst. I hope that your headache is going away.

@Lynne G ...I hope that your trip is great. New York looks like so much fun. It is on my bucket list of places to visit! I can't wait to see more pictures!

@Robo56 ... yuck...just yuck on the dentist!!! Just thinking about the dentist makes my anxiety skyrocket. And if there was an HHN room of a dentist...I WOULD NOT be going into that one!!!!! Nope...nada...not happening lol. Enjoy the trip planning!!!

@Charade67 ... I hope your week gets better! This week has dragged on for sure. I'm ready for the weekend! I hope you have something a little extra special planned for yourself, since you have had a difficult week.

Mac, Keisha, Disneylife, Disx and anyone else I have missed...have a great day!!! I hope to stop in a little later after I get more work completed and maybe a little studying in as well too

Welp, sorry about the lack of being on. I do promise I think of you all often, but it seems the times in which I tell myself I need to get on it's always an awkward moment.

Sorry to see from quick glance that @mckennarose is still not feeling 100%. Hope you get better soon!

I hope everyone else is well, or getting better as well.

I see @Lynne G is having a good time. Nice photos. 😃

I just almost threw my computer out the window due to my Network Plus class just now. Other than my other work I had done I've been working on a lab all week and finally, kind of, finished. I finally thought I got the groove and was done, but in the very end I hit a snag and it didn't work 100%. After all this time, I'm turning in as is in the meantime. I shouldn't be knocked down too much for it.

Anywho, I hope everyone is doing good. Still gathering information on places to search for jobs, working on homework as usual, and also having the girl's trip I mentioned briefly this weekend. While going to be in the Universal area, no park time. Which is alright by me. We're going to enjoy the resort and the general Orlando area and be washing our hands like crazy and have hand sanitizer.

While it hasn't been ages I've missed you, homies! Also, kind of late, but I accidentally indulged on "Taco Tuesday" this week without thinking of it. I went to Taco Bell. 🤣

:wave: it has been a busy week, and I just got some time to sit down to catch up a bit. Brian has been doing light construction on the house and Monday morning he woke up and his eye was bothering him a bit. He went to work and by the time he came home he was in a lot of pain. He spent most of the night in pain and then Tuesday morning tried to drive to work and had to come home he couldn't open his eyes in the sun. I took him to the walk in and they checked his eye and he has a scratch on his cornea. He remembered feeling like something came out of his eye at one point. He has been out of work the last couple of days with a patch on. I have had double duty here. He is doing better today and went back to work today. Still using ointment and a patch.

I am trying to get caught up on stuff I am going for surgery next Thursday :worried:. I am trying to keep my self busy so I don't freak out. I haven't had surgery since my C-section and I was awake. I have to go under general anesthesia even though the surgery should be about 45 minutes and I should be able to go home. The doctor is pretty sure they can do laparascopy. I really like her and have never met a doctor so confident about anything, she makes me feel reasshured. Needless to say I am a bit anxious. Brian will be taking a week and a half off to help me. I told the teens they are going to have to pitch in more for about 4 weeks. I am not taking any chances with screwing anything up. It is harder to heal the older you get.

Good news he got a call this week from Universal and has a phone interview tomorrow morining :woohoo:still keeping everything crossed. Thank you everyone for the good luck wishes:goodvibes:thumbsup2

The weather has been warmer which I like. We made tacos tonight it's a good night when everyone is home. It is not something that stays well till Charlie gets home from work usually about 9:30. I like that they have 2 set days off so we can make plans.

Sue I am glad that you are enjoying the weather and your trip. I am sorry about your husband but happy he will be okay. I hope he can enjoy the rest of the trip.

Mac thank you I know you didn't forget about me, you have a lot to take care of with the boards. Yes we are looking north and south east of Orlando. We want to be closer to UCF in Alafaya and Unviersal. I started taking Charlie driving in the parking lots. I think his father is going to take him too. Thank you for the good vibes for everything with Charlie, Brian and Liv. I can't wait to leave the snow blower behind for the new owners.!!

Schumi I am glad to hear you like the woman helping with the housework. I hope you are feeling better every day! I have thought about what I would do if I couldn't do the coasters at the parks, it is never a good one! I hope everything works out good for you and everything is temporary!! Glad your friends are taking good care of you along with Tom.

Lynne I enjoyed your pics of NY. Glad that you are having a nice trip. I haven't been to the city in years, just don't seem to find the time to do everything. Have a safe trip back!

Mcrose I hate sinus infections, I use to get them all the time. I hope you start feeling better now. I can imagine you have questions of the doctor having immune system problems. I hope that they can put your fears to ease and come up with a plan for you.

Cam757 Hello I don't believe we have met! Nice to meet you!

Keisha congrats on getting the catscan approved, I hope the dental issues get resolved quickly. I hope you don't have to use that trip insurance. Happy trip planning!

Robo Thanks for the funny memes, I needed them today and boy can I relate! Sorry to hear about your dentis appointment, yea that is one of my other anxiety places to visit. Have fun making plans for your May trip. Homemade meatballs and ziti is my favorite. Enojoy!

Disxuni Sorry to hear your Network class is giving you issues. I see how Liv gets when she has some issues and I feel bad. I hope you have a great weekend with your friends, you need it! I am sure the job hunting will go good when your ready!

Pumpkin Ihope school is going well for you. Hope the grandbaby is going good!

Charade Sorry you have been having some rough days at work. Insurance is stressful on the consumer end I can only imagine working in it. Congrats to B for voting. Liv is looking forward to it this year! I can't believe our "babies" are voting :laughing:. Your Bush Gardens trip in March sounds fun! I love that park!

:wave: I want to shout out to Tink, Monykalyn, DLPN, Pattyw and all the SANS family! I hope everyone has a great night. I am off to help Brian plan for his interview tomorrow.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter