Something About Nothing............ #14

Hi all, thanks for the well wishes! I wasn't able to get the cough medicine yesterday because it was back ordered, so I spent another night coughing. Hopefully they'll get it in tomorrow. I'm noticing a lot of empty medicine shelves in the store, the OTC versions of motrin and tylenol. And my stomach meds are back ordered too. Since we get a lot of meds from China, I'm not surprised.

lol......two friends turned up with four tubs of caramel chew chew and four big bags of one of my favourite potato chips on Sunday.......they were very, very welcome!!!! I don‘t need fancy.....lol......
Oh yum and how nice! I'm sure you enjoyed them. Have some for me!
Oh my, definitely sounds Ike a visit is in order. Good luck
Thank you! I hate going to the doctor unless I feel like I have to, you know? My family says I wait until the last minute... lol!
Sending mummy dust that your doctor will figure out how he can make you feel better
Thank you so much!
Schumi & Mrose hope you’re feeling better soon and Keishashadow hope you get your scan soon!
Thank you!
Update on my Mr, he fell a few days ago walking back from the store, the pavement here in Puerto Vallarta is very uneven at best. He stepped off curb into a big pot hole. Wasn’t looking down! Hit his upper chest and hand. 2 days later his hand got quite swollen and hurts to breathe.
Decided to take him to ER here. Had x rays. Nothing broken. Doc gave him anti inflammatory pill and topical cream. He’ll live. Thanks to everyone who asked.
Oh gosh! I'm sorry that happened. I hope he's feeling better now.
mrose......good luck at the doctors.....how you’re feeling better soon......sounds quite nasty and worthy of a docs visit.
Yeah, I have a stubbon streak and don't go until I feel I should go. Makes my family crazy!
Hope you feel better real soon!

Thanks again, Mac!
Ack, McK. is in sick bay. Hope the drugs help your sinus infection.
Moving forward! I think the antibiotics are starting to kick in.
Nice lazy day here spent at pool talking to newly made friends! In the morning we went to Walmart yo get some groceries and I picked up some vanilla to take home. There’s something about Mexican vanilla that’s so good. I picked up a bottle for my good friend down the lane. She bakes a lot and will appreciate it.
Sounds absolutely heavenly! Enjoy! I'm sure your friend will appreciate the vanilla.
Large pizza slice and 1/2 a container of chicken teriyaki with udon noodles and vegetables, so an easy street dinner for us.
Oh yum! There's just something about street food!
It reached 90 here today. Was plenty hot. Then we lost power about an hour ago and it came back on quickly.....LOL...It’s 7: 15 pm and still 81.
Wow! 90?! I'm super jealous, but not about the losing power part. I'm glad it came back on quickly.
Hope the headache goes away as the antibiotics kick in. Those sinus infection headaches are terrible. Sending get well wishes your way.
Thank you! The headache is probably the worst part. I'm only popping on and off here because my eyes hurt. I'm sure it will get better soon.
Sorry about the sinus infection, but glad to hear it's not the flu. Sending well wishes.
Thank you!
Going to make up a big batch of gravy and homemade meatballs for baked ziti this evening. I will freeze the rest for other Italian dishes later.
Gravy? Where are you from? Just curious. Italian-American girl here and I'm in PA and we don't call sauce "gravy", but my relatives in Jersey do.
Hope they gave you the right ones to do the trick! My first sinus infection has been a real trip lol, into month #7
Oh wow! That's a long time. So far, so good! Thanks for the well wishes!
Absolutely beautiful, sunny day. Jewish diner, yum. Then some more walking.
Oh nice! What did you have for dinner? I love food, can you tell?
This is what this week has felt like.
Awe, I'm sorry! ((hugs))
@mckennarose...Take care of yourself. Those sinus infections can be nasty. I am prone to those when I get a bad head cold...and those headaches are the worst. I hope that your headache is going away.
Thank you so much! Yeah, the headache is rough. But I'm sure I'm on the mend now!
Sorry to see from quick glance that @mckennarose is still not feeling 100%. Hope you get better soon!
Thank you! I'm on the mend!
I just almost threw my computer out the window due to my Network Plus class just now. Other than my other work I had done I've been working on a lab all week and finally, kind of, finished. I finally thought I got the groove and was done, but in the very end I hit a snag and it didn't work 100%. After all this time, I'm turning in as is in the meantime. I shouldn't be knocked down too much for it.
That sounds so frustrating, I'm sorry. I'm sure it will work out.
I took him to the walk in and they checked his eye and he has a scratch on his cornea. He remembered feeling like something came out of his eye at one point. He has been out of work the last couple of days with a patch on. I have had double duty here. He is doing better today and went back to work today. Still using ointment and a patch.
Oh my goodness! That sounds painful and scary. I'm glad he's doing better!
I am trying to get caught up on stuff I am going for surgery next Thursday
I'm praying it goes well for you! ((hugs))
Mcrose I hate sinus infections, I use to get them all the time. I hope you start feeling better now. I can imagine you have questions of the doctor having immune system problems. I hope that they can put your fears to ease and come up with a plan for you.
Thank you!
I have some concerns for my May trip, and just in general with precautions I should be taking if it comes to our state. I'm still not sure how this will turn out, but I'm moving forward with our plans in the hopes it does work out!

Hope everyone is well!

This week has been the longest Monday of my life. Today was another long, stressful day. However, I did get some good news. It turns out that one of the insurance problems I was having was a fault with the insurance company. They neglected to update some information on one of out therapists which resulted in claims getting denied. They have corrected the problem and will be reprocessing the claims.

We used to have a huge bottle of hand sanitizer right outside the receptionist's window. When I came in this morning the bottle was gone and there was a new one in its place. I asked my boss about it and she said the old bottle had expired. (I think it was the same bottle that has been there since I started working there almost 8 years ago.) I didn't think anything more about it until a client came in this afternoon and asked me why we had put out a bottle of dish soap. I picked up the bottle and it was anti-bacterial Palmolive dish soap. I showed it to my boss and she said that she had asked her husband to get some new hand sanitizer. He just saw "anti-bacterial" and picked up the first thing he saw. (She hadn't paid attention to the bottle until I brought it to her attention.) We all had a good laugh over this, and I really needed a laugh today.

It’s supposed to be 91 here today then weather says 66 on Saturday as the high. Then heat will come in again.
Yikes! If it is 91 in March I can't imagine what summer will be like.

I hope you have something a little extra special planned for yourself, since you have had a difficult week.
Not until the 14th. That's when we are going to Busch Gardens.

I just almost threw my computer out the window due to my Network Plus class just now. Other than my other work I had done I've been working on a lab all week and finally, kind of, finished. I finally thought I got the groove and was done, but in the very end I hit a snag and it didn't work 100%. After all this time, I'm turning in as is in the meantime. I shouldn't be knocked down too much for it.
Hang in there. Hoping that you receive a good grade.

I took him to the walk in and they checked his eye and he has a scratch on his cornea.
Ouch! I did that once, but not nearly as bad as he has it.

I am trying to get caught up on stuff I am going for surgery next Thursday :worried:. I am trying to keep my self busy so I don't freak out. I haven't had surgery since my C-section and I was awake. I have to go under general anesthesia even though the surgery should be about 45 minutes and I should be able to go home. The doctor is pretty sure they can do laparascopy.
I had laparoscopy when I had my gall bladder out. It wasn't too terrible, and my recovery time was pretty quick. Prayers for you for and easy surgery and quick recovery time.

I thought I had quoted something about the phone interview, but it didn't show Up. Good luck to Brian tomorrow.

Hi all, thanks for the well wishes! I wasn't able to get the cough medicine yesterday because it was back ordered, so I spent another night coughing. Hopefully they'll get it in tomorrow. I'm noticing a lot of empty medicine shelves in the store, the OTC versions of motrin and tylenol. And my stomach meds are back ordered too. Since we get a lot of meds from China, I'm not surprised.
Hope you are able to get your medications soon. I have heard that some stores are now limiting how much OTC medicines people can buy.

Lynne - That bird looks like it is really ticked off about something.

Going to try to get some sleep now. Thankfully no work tomorrow.

Last edited:
Bobbie.....laparoscopic surgery is the best way to go. I had my gall bladder removed with it, I did have some issues, but nothing to do with the actual surgery, good recovery time. Good luck to Brian today.

Lynne......those are some crowds! Wasn’t as busy when we were there last June!! Glad you‘re having fun!

mrose.......I know, avoiding going to the docs is our favourite thing to do! I had a telephone consultation two weeks ago and he commented he’d never met me before despite being my assigned doctor in that practice! Good luck with the cough medicine, there’s no sleeping with a cough.

It’s the lady that owns the business that is coming to us for cleaning. So I know it’ll be done properly. I know her quite well as her husband is our gardener/odd job guy.....lovely couple. Tom is fabulous at housework as he was in his own home for 5 years before I met him.....he’s tidier than I am to be honest! But it’s not fair to expect him to do everything. She’s here right now and doing a grand job on the inside of the windows downstairs......we have huge bifold doors at the rear of the house and we all hate doing them.....::yes::

Another beautiful day here......it is freezing though, everything is still white and crisp looking outside......won’t be out till later for physio appointment.

But......I have some friends coming round for lunch today.......they’re bringing everything, so Tom is quite happy.........he gets on well with them all.

Have a great Friday.......

Fry-day! Actually, grilling day here. Going to make shrimp for the mr & give it a go gumming some salmon :).

Oral Surgeon was booked until June, squeezing me in pre office hours on the 20th ugh Said I had to be sedated since infection needs to be removed along with tooth. Hoping this is the cause of the on-going sinus infection, a two-fer if you will :). Hey, it could happen! Where’s the flying pig smiley?

Charade - i’ve Seen large hand soap containers used incorrectly in the front of chinese buffets. Figure it was a ESL by-product lol.

the girl's trip I mentioned briefly this weekend. While going to be in the Universal area, no park time. Which is alright by me. We're going to enjoy the resort and the general Orlando area and be washing our hands like crazy and have hand sanitizer.
Nice, a weekend away with your posse sounds like just the thing you need. Follow the same sanitary precautions that were always in place :) you’ll be fine.

am trying to get caught up on stuff I am going for surgery next Thursday :worried:. I am trying to keep my self busy so I don't freak out. I haven't had surgery since my C-section and I was awake. I have to go under general anesthesia even though the surgery should be about 45 minutes and I should be able to go home. The doctor is pretty sure they can do laparascopy. I really like her and have never met a doctor so confident about anything, she makes me feel reasshured. Needless to say I am a bit anxious. Brian will be taking a week and a half off to help me. I told the teens they are going to have to pitch in more for about 4 weeks. I am not taking any chances with screwing anything up. It is harder to heal the older you get.
Good luck! IMO Laparoscopic surgery is so much less stressful & you have a far speedier recovery time.
Still using ointment and a patch.
So, you are married to a pirate? :). JK i’ve had that happen in the past too. Was awkward feeling wearing a patch. The ointment really seemed to take the irritation out of it. Good thing he took care of it.
I'm noticing a lot of empty medicine shelves in the store, the OTC versions of motrin and tylenol. And my stomach meds are back ordered too. Since we get a lot of meds from China, I'm not surprised.
Yes, many RX and OTC meds from mainland China. However, my take it’s likely due to people hoarding medical supplies vs stocking up in moderation of things they may need.

Amazon cancelled my subscribe & save normal order of Clorox wipes last month. Now, they are triple the price, sellers are profiteering despite the site’s claims they are cutting down on this predatory practice

Stopped at grocery store after Oral Surgeon yesterday, aisle of paper products was nearly empty other than Kleenex oddly enough. Guess i’m Lucky i have a supply on hand of both toilet paper & paper towels. None of the cleaning wipes in stock either, sigh
She’s here right now and doing a grand job on the inside of the windows downstairs......we have huge bifold doors at the rear of the house and we all hate doing them.....::yes::
Niiiice! Even after you are back in fighting form (soon i hope) you may have to keep her on staff, even if just once a month for the troublesome jobs

Happy Friday!

So glad this week is over. Finally have a day off and haven't done much of anything today.

Yesterday was DH's birthday. I left work early to run out and pick him up a gift since I had no time this week to do so. He is not a big cake fan so I stopped by a new donut shop and picked up a dozen freshly made donuts. They make them right in from of you. I had a Key Lime Pie and Bacon Maple. Excellent. We will go out this weekend for dinner to celebrate with the family.

Rainy day today which doesn't help my motivation level. No cooking tonight. However, I may make chicken salad for lunch.

I can't remember if we have met before. I started posting here back in 2017.

Hi @Charade67...yes we have met. I believe you are my VA neighbor. I am in the Tidewater/Hampton Roads area.

Cam757 Hello I don't believe we have met! Nice to meet you!

Nice to meet you too!!!

@schumigirl - I must of missed what happened but whatever it is, I wish you a speedy recovery. Glad the cleaning lady is working out for you.

@Sue M, glad your Dh is okay. That sounds like it was a nasty fall. Hope he is feeling better soon.

Ahh Friday. A day without annoying insurance problems. I have already cleaned up the house and started some laundry. Later I plan to go to Walmart, but for now I am relaxing and watching a movie.

Fry-day! Actually, grilling day here. Going to make shrimp for the mr & give it a go gumming some salmon :).

Oral Surgeon was booked until June, squeezing me in pre office hours on the 20th ugh Said I had to be sedated since infection needs to be removed along with tooth. Hoping this is the cause of the on-going sinus infection, a two-fer if you will :). Hey, it could happen! Where’s the flying pig smiley?

Charade - i’ve Seen large hand soap containers used incorrectly in the front of chinese buffets. Figure it was a ESL by-product lol.
B wants to have dinner with you tonight. She loves salmon..

That would be awesome of the tooth removal would clear the sinus infection. I hope your surgeon can get you in before June.

I can't blame ESL on our hand sanitizer issue. I'm pretty sure that my boss' husband was born and raised in Virginia. He just wasn't paying attention.

Yesterday was DH's birthday. I left work early to run out and pick him up a gift since I had no time this week to do so. He is not a big cake fan so I stopped by a new donut shop and picked up a dozen freshly made donuts. They make them right in from of you. I had a Key Lime Pie and Bacon Maple. Excellent. We will go out this weekend for dinner to celebrate with the family.
Happy birthday to your dh. Ooh, I would love to try a key lime donut.

Hi @Charade67...yes we have met. I believe you are my VA neighbor. I am in the Tidewater/Hampton Roads area.
Yes, now I remember. We also have someone from the south west parent of the state, but she hasn't posted in awhile.

Time to check on the laundry.
Hope everyone is having a nice Friday.

We will go out this weekend for dinner to celebrate with the family.

Rainy day today which doesn't help my motivation level. No cooking tonight. However, I may make chicken salad for lunch.
Mmm fancy donuts! Im far to lazy to make chicken salad, picked up a tub of it at Sams this week. Easy enough to chew. I usually toss in some raisins/cranberries & celery (not this go round)
I can't blame ESL on our hand sanitizer issue. I'm pretty sure that my boss' husband was born and raised in Virginia. He just wasn't paying attention.
Lol you are probably correct. When out to grab my Rx, checked for Clorox wipes. Nada. Ugh, i use them daily in my kitchen & bathroom for a quick swipe as well with my dog.

Stopped at the nearby Dollar General. Came upon a woman, no more than in her early 70’s, proceeding to fill up an entire cart with them, basically clearing off the shelf. Guy in his 50’s, I assume to be her son, had one of those hand baskets overflowing with them. I said excuse me & wiggled past them to grab 2 containers.

She came up behind me in the check out line and told the clerk that I “stole them” from her. Clerk dissolved into laughter & told her to simmer down or she was going to call the police.

And that, my friends, is why they need to put up a sign for things that people are starting to hoard: one or two per customer per day.

I’m glad I bought some Clorox wipes a few weeks ago when I had a cold. I’m going to go to Walmart today to pick up a few things for our upcoming short trips. I’ll go by the cleaning aisle and see how it looks.

Janet, I am howling with laughter at you being accused of stealing.......:rotfl::rotfl:Folks are going crazy with this!! I’ll bet they were planning to resell them on eBay or they have a little store Themselves and will resell them that way! Yes, there are signs up here apparently in some stores limiting purchase of some items.......Good news on the appointment set up!

Cam.....belated :bday: to your DH! Love a maple bacon donut......any donut really that doesn’t have chocolate in it will do me.....Thanks, slow improvement every day! Yes, our new lady is perfect!!!

Charade, watching a movie sounds lovely, and very relaxing....well, depends on the movie I suppose!

Lunch with some of my lovely friends was lovely today......they had ordered from our local deli and brought a couple of large trays of assorted sandwiches, potato salad, cold pasta dishes and Dutch Apple Pies for dessert......it was delicious. And lunch did stretch out longer than usual! Tom helped set it up made all the teas and coffee with one of them......we all had a nice chatter and food was lovely.

Not long back in from my appointment.......planning to rest up the rest of the night.......maybe a glass of wine will fit in there somewhere........🍷🍷

Hope all are having a good Friday.......

Rest is good Schumi.

Shopping in the rain. Fine with me. Ended up in a mall, so drying out.

To those having surgery, well wishes and speedy recovery. Take your time to heal.

Charade, I don’t think the bird was mad, he kept looking at people that way. I thought his color was so pretty. The bird house there went up into the canopy, so was great to see high up close.

@Lynne G ,
When are you coming home? There are two cases of CoVID in our state; one down by your area and one up a little from mine. Just making you aware. Both patients are isolated at home.
Just popping on quick after a trip to the store. I'll be by later to post. @Charade67 , our store shelves are starting to look like that now. I wasn't aware of the new cases here until I was on my way home from the store.... now I can understand maybe why shelves were emptying out.

Back from my fun trip to Wally World. I never did find out where the hand sanitizer was supposed to be. I imagine that shelves in stores all over town look like that. While I was over by the cleaning products I heard the sound of glass breaking. I went to the next aisle and saw a customer attempting to kick glass out of the way. I went to customer service and reported the broken glass so someone could clean it up.

Next I went to JCPenney to pick up an order. They were having a mystery coupon sale. I got a coupon for 40% off. I looked around, but couldn't find anything I wanted to buy. I saw a girl shopping for prom dresses, so I gave my coupon to her.

Schumi - I was watching the original Avengers movie. I've seen it several times, so it didn't matter if I got distracted or fell asleep while watching. Tonight I might watch something I haven't see before.

Lynne - What are those 2 buildings? They are really cool looking.

MRose - No confirmed cases of the virus here in VA, but people are going nuts anyway.

Decided to be productive the other day and just about finished with cleaning now, reorganizing and tossing out things we no longer have a need for

it has really cut into my “me” time

Charade, the first is some building, have to ask little one which, as I just liked the look of it, as we passed by it. The second, is a zig zagging walkway you can ascend to see the sights. We would have walked up it, and a very few others were, but with the rain, we gave it a pass. Picture was taken from the second story of the mall. But you can bet, little one will go to the top of it next time we are in NYC, as now we know where it is.

McK, we are home now. Saw a few with masks on, but we felt fine, and washed hands as much as we could. Yeah, schools in my neighboring county have all been closed. So far, both kids’ colleges have not closed, nor my township school, I guess time will tell what else closes. Scary times, but hopefully those that are sick, keep out if the public.

Feels good to be home.

Well I’m sure it will be all over the news soon but we now have an actual confirmed case of the corona in a resident in our area, they had been housing some in our area but this person had nothing to do with any of them she was supposedly traveling in the UK and returned home about 2 weeks ago and had symptoms for 10 days and finally went to the hospital today..........unbelievable..........

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter