Something About Nothing............ #14

Yay Friday is here and certainly have that Friday wahoo feeling.

We have a very dark morning, and cooler too, with it 53 degrees out. But sunrise less than a half hour from now, and a gloriously sunshine filled day we will have. Breezy and high of 76 degrees in the late afternoon.

Hehe, as got out of my shower, heard my neighbor tossing his trash out. Guess someone is up early like DH and I.

Ah the last day I need to get up early for over two weeks. Woot! Even though I still tend to get up very early when a lazy day, so much nicer to just chill instead of having to being ready almost right away.

And so, one more sleep for Charade and her daughter. Safe flight tomorrow. And will be nice to see ya this week coming up.

Robo, hope your move to the Portofino goes perfect and would be nice to see ya either Tuesday morning or two Saturday mornings from now. Will be nice if we can catch up one of the days. Think I may be doing HHN this Sunday night. Will have to see how tired we are with our early evening arrival, so that’s a maybe. Either way, if go, will be a later arrival into the park.

Ah, hope a quiet day for me, and the shortest week day routine one for me, with that so perfect hour lunchtime. Then, after we both sign off, think DH will mow the grass. May be one of the last times he has to do that. We have grass that when it’s dormant, looks like lighter yellow hay. And right now, it did grow some since last mow, two weeks ago, so green is our lawn right now. But it should start turning more yellow by the end of the month.

Most Fabulous Friday to all. Hope Keisha is resting her feet today.

It’s packing day!!!

Also on today’s agenda: clean house, wash a load of towels, go to the bank, and make a quick stop at the grocery store.

Lynne - looking forward to lunch next week.

Mac - Hope we can find a few minutes to meet and at least say hi to each other.

Robo - Would like to meet and at least put a face to the name.

Keisha - will you still be there?

Time to get breakfast and start my day.

I have a small, blue, zippered bag that I use for my personal bag when I fly. I can’t find it anywhere. Guess I’m going shopping this afternoon.

Enjoy that day before activities, Charade. Ack to not finding your bag. Guess shopping for a new one in your agenda today.

What a beautiful sunny day. Morning is dragging, but I’m d look ready for my longer lunchtime walk. Then a short afternoon for me. DH has a different schedule, so he’s almost done. And older one is getting ready for his.

Ooh tomorrow, doing most of what Charade is doing today. Came up so fast, it seems. Though my one brother said weren’t you just there? Um, well that last was a last minute decision. This one, planned over a year ago. Then became a twosome at the last minute. Sigh. But is nice to have her with me this trip.

Today is working against me. First the missing bag, now issue's with B's flight. I have an advantage account and credit card with American. She should be receiving the same benefits that I do, but when I went to check her in for her flight it asked me to pay for her suitcase. FIrst checked bag should be free. I am now on hold with American. Ugh.

Today is working against me. First the missing bag, now issue's with B's flight. I have an advantage account and credit card with American. She should be receiving the same benefits that I do, but when I went to check her in for her flight it asked me to pay for her suitcase. FIrst checked bag should be free. I am now on hold with American. Ugh.

Well, hope you got a new bag and hopefully got your daughters flight sorted out.

I do want to wish you safe travels for tomorrow and hope you have a wonderful trip with your daughter.....have fun!!

We`ve had the best day! Just me and my lovely mister.....since we met way back when, he`s got me flowers every single Friday, I assumed he`d miss this week as it was my birthday on Wednesday and got a beautiful display, but no, a gorgeous bunch arrived this morning. Bless him.

Tonight, we have lazed along the sofa`s watching some episodes of Taggart...Scottish cop show that started in the 1980`s, a bit dated but still amazing to watch. Had a couple of large gins, Tom had his birthday brandy and a few snacks.

Plan a lazy day tomorrow, we have new eggs from the farm, Jack dropped off some eggs tonight, so breakfast will be Eggs Royale.....and dinner out with friends tomorrow night, looking forward to that!

Not long till bedtime for us...and plan to have a nice sleep in with my lovely husband!! Much better than getting up early....... :rotfl:

Well, hope you got a new bag and hopefully got your daughters flight sorted out.
You wouldn’t think it would be so difficult to find a decent bag. Everything was either too big, a backpack, or a lunch cooler. I finally ended up with a Vera Bradley bag. Not a pattern I would normally choose, but it was half off.

Tonight, we have lazed along the sofa`s watching some episodes of Taggart...Scottish cop show that started in the 1980`s, a bit dated but still amazing to watch. Had a couple of large gins, Tom had his birthday brandy and a few snacks.
I love watching some of the shows from the 80’s. They may be dated, but some are so much better than what’s on now.

Dh just brought me ice cream from my favorite shop so I must eat it before it melts.

You wouldn’t think it would be so difficult to find a decent bag. Everything was either too big, a backpack, or a lunch cooler. I finally ended up with a Vera Bradley bag. Not a pattern I would normally choose, but it was half off.

I love watching some of the shows from the 80’s. They may be dated, but some are so much better than what’s on now.

Dh just brought me ice cream from my favorite shop so I must eat it before it melts.

I know what you mean, when you are looking for something specific it seems hard to find, but glad you got something in the end.

Yep, Taggart is one of those British shows that is still very watchable, incredible stories, very gritty and good to see areas of Glasgow and compare them to what they look like today so quite nostalgic for us too.

Bon voyage and have a wonderful trip Charade.

Late night last night, so we snuggled down and went back to sleep this morning instead of me getting up as usual, it was lovely and certainly better than getting up at an obscene hour for no good reason!!

Tom made me lovely egg on toast for breakfast and he made the biggest pot we have full of tea, lovely!! We had 30 eggs delivered to us last night and by goodness they are delicious, yolks are the brightest orange ever and I know they were only laid yesterday, so they are beyond fresh.

Out tonight for dinner to a Thai restaurant with a group of us, should be a good night.

This afternoon will be a lazy one for sure. Pamper day, with some prosecco in there too 🥂

1694858010674.jpeg

1694857832045.jpeg

1694857888804.jpeg

Safe travels to you and B. Charade. Hope you got her free bag sorted out. I always get up earlier than usual on my travel day. It’s that’s am I ready to leave excitement.

Ah that Saturday lazy it is. Think some wash and car cleaning out, and a grocery run. Older one gave me a grocery list of what he wants. Men will have to fend for themselves these next two weeks. Older one is a good cook though, and DH eats almost everything older one would cook, so I don’t mind getting them the kitchen pantry stocked up before we leave.

Super sized most happy Saturday.

And ooh natural AC, house feels cool after a low 50’s in the overnight. 53 degrees out in our just after 8 am morning. But a nice Fall type of day, as 76 degrees in glorious sunshine late this afternoon. Looks like a nice warm, and maybe rainy, start to Orlando’s weather, in the 90s highs next week predicted. We will be leaving 70’s degrees and with little chances of rain in the next week for our predicted weather. Woot! Shorts to be worn for at least two more weeks. But pants on the way down, changed to shorts while waiting for luggage, and pants worn after changing after security, on the way back. Maybe I’ll toss a jacket in there too, as may be cooler in our evening arrival return.

Ah the weekend is here. Woot!

UGH... I had a whole post almost completed and POOF!!! It was gone!

I'm Back :wave2:

Vegas was great - HOT...hot hot hot. Concert was cancelled by the venue - Allegient Stadium floor couldn't support his stage and towers for his light show. DD was extremely disappointed. For a venue like that - Allegaint Stadium has some work to do for people who travel out of town there just to see shows for people to trust that they won't be cancelling shows at the last minute. They opened the doors over an hour late - let people buy merch and of course drinks because it was 105F out - then cancel the show. I don't know if we would buy tickets there again.

Enjoyed afternoons by the pool and wander the strip and Freemont Street at night. DD drank her sorrows away on Freemont Sunday night. She won 150 bucks Saturday after the show was cancelled and we were walking the strip.

We tried a couple food places. We did the seafood buffet at The Wynn. It was pricy and fancy. I tried to eat my $$$ worth of seafood lol. I was burping up crab and mussles all night while sleeping :lmao: We ate at a great italian place and also hit up a Guy Fieri restaurant that was probably our best and cheapest meal. I would highly recommend that one to anyone and the italian place.

Back at work today - working homecare this weekend. It's my weekend on. I don't want to jinx it - but no fires yet to put out!!!! So it's all good - for now ;)

Woke up to a ton of smoke again this morning. It's actually horrible in the building here today. The ventilation system sucks in this old building. Might see if I can work from home this afternoon - and grab the laptop and cellphone and be at home instead of here. Hopefully the headache and burning eyes disipates soon.

@Charade67 have a great time with B!!!! It's great you guys get to go together last minute. That's too bad about the job. Maybe it's because an even better opportunity is around the corner.

@schumigirl

1694877062062.png

Happy Belated Birthday!!! I hope your day was amazing!

I just wanted to pop in and say " hi" and get all caught up. I think I still have a little reading to do.

Everyone out in Florida right now - have fun - I love seeing your updates!

Have a great day everyone!

Attachments

• 1694876071483.png
    1694876071483.png
    63.6 KB · Views: 1
It gets better. There is only one bathroom for each gender before you go through security to get to the gate. Both are closed for renovations. The airport has port-a-potties in trailers outside the airport.

Your day can only get better Charade......

UGH... I had a whole post almost completed and POOF!!! It was gone!

I'm Back :wave2:

Vegas was great - HOT...hot hot hot. Concert was cancelled by the venue - Allegient Stadium floor couldn't support his stage and towers for his light show. DD was extremely disappointed. For a venue like that - Allegaint Stadium has some work to do for people who travel out of town there just to see shows for people to trust that they won't be cancelling shows at the last minute. They opened the doors over an hour late - let people buy merch and of course drinks because it was 105F out - then cancel the show. I don't know if we would buy tickets there again.

Enjoyed afternoons by the pool and wander the strip and Freemont Street at night. DD drank her sorrows away on Freemont Sunday night. She won 150 bucks Saturday after the show was cancelled and we were walking the strip.

We tried a couple food places. We did the seafood buffet at The Wynn. It was pricy and fancy. I tried to eat my $$$ worth of seafood lol. I was burping up crab and mussles all night while sleeping :lmao: We ate at a great italian place and also hit up a Guy Fieri restaurant that was probably our best and cheapest meal. I would highly recommend that one to anyone and the italian place.

Back at work today - working homecare this weekend. It's my weekend on. I don't want to jinx it - but no fires yet to put out!!!! So it's all good - for now ;)

Woke up to a ton of smoke again this morning. It's actually horrible in the building here today. The ventilation system sucks in this old building. Might see if I can work from home this afternoon - and grab the laptop and cellphone and be at home instead of here. Hopefully the headache and burning eyes disipates soon.

@Charade67 have a great time with B!!!! It's great you guys get to go together last minute. That's too bad about the job. Maybe it's because an even better opportunity is around the corner.

@schumigirl

View attachment 794364

Happy Belated Birthday!!! I hope your day was amazing!

I just wanted to pop in and say " hi" and get all caught up. I think I still have a little reading to do.

Everyone out in Florida right now - have fun - I love seeing your updates!

Have a great day everyone!

Welcome home Pumpkin.....shame about the concert though! Sounds very crass to let you spend money then cancel the show! Glad you had a good time though, if ever we go to Vegas we`re staying at the Wynn, it comes highly recommended to us, love the sound of the seafood!!!

And thank you for the birthday wishes....I do like the idea of not adding a year....lol.......nice to have you back and hope your weekend passes quickly.

It`s been a lovely day for us, lazy start and it continued that way.....had some pampering treatments and a lovely young girl came and waxed my legs which was nice, I would use her again I think. She also told me she does make up so I got her to do mine for tonight, she is very good!! Maybe a little more make up than I`d normally put on, but looks nice.

Enjoying a Spicy Mango Margarita before we set off soon to our friends house for a drink then we`ll all head out to the restaurant and meet the others there. I am starving and won`t eat for another couple of hours, but my friend will have snacks laid out, she always does.

It`s quite cool here so no summery dresses tonight.....back to slightly warmer dresses now. Hope I last in these heels too 🥴

1694879958125.jpeg

if ever we go to Vegas we`re staying at the Wynn, it comes highly recommended to us, love the sound of the seafood!!!
That was a beautiful hotel. The location is farther down and after dark - I wouldn't head the one way - towards the Saraha/ Circus Circus area. It's starting to be a bad area towards that way. But head back towards Ceasars Palace/Treasure Island/ Mirage it's a great safe area.

We did enjoy the seafood buffet. I LOVED the seafood boil! It could have had a big more spice - but it sure was tasty! I had three plates of seafood!!!! Since I'm not a sweets person - I had extra sides! DD and Dh had many different sweets - including the flourless chocolate cake, a delicious carrot cake and ice cream.

Your drink sounds delicious! Enjoy your evening out.

Well, I just did something stupid!!! Last week I wrote a long post to catch up with things:)
I wondered why no one posted about it and thought I must be really boring:rolleyes:. I checked and it showed up but I didn't hit post again, because I thought I had done it before....... So a long story about being messing up the post:faint:.

So I am going to try again!

Pumpkin: Your trip to Vegas sounds like a lot of fun. I've gone several times over the years and have Never Won A Dime!!! Vegas was not too good to me, but it was fun to see the sights and eat good cheap food. We stayed at the Mirage one time and got to see the white tigers area.

Carole, your day sounds like a great way to spend the time. I can't believe Tom has gotten you flowers every Friday since your were married????!!!! That's wonderful. Roger used to get me roses frequently, but I mentioned one time that they were too expensive to waste the money. He took it to mean Never to Buy them again, LOL. I've since straightened that misconception up:laughing:, Your emojis are hilarious. I love the one with the eyebrows. I'm still chuckling over that one:)

Charade, I hope things go better for you from now on. You never know what will happen at the airport anymore.

Keisha: Your skirt and backpack are fantastic. Good job. It looks like you are having a wonderful time at disney. Are you going to Universal too???

Well for good news!!! My daughter and I are going on a mother/daughter trip to Universal the end of November to Dec 1st. We are staying at RPR, my favorite resort, and we can't wait. We had to cancel a trip this Spring due to bad weather, so have waited a while for this one. My daughter loves to sit at the pool with a drink and a good book, and I love to go to the parks, but we will spend lots of park time too. I'm not a "sit at the pool" type of person, so I will get some alone time to wander around. She hasn't been to Universal for ages, so I've been filling her in on all things Universal. Thanks to all on these sites for all the suggestions and trip reports (Carole:).

So, this time I will hit the post.

ruth

586C0365-CC78-4B32-87D6-0A4A0C4BAE83.jpeg
Toes in the sand, just don’t care 🌴 Do miss the mister. Always odd when he’s not about.

Had his flight on spirit moved multiple times

Started at 1:30 pm departure time. Multiple changes to 8 pm while at airport. Told him to sit tight. Within an hour bounced back to a 2 pm departure. I wonder how many people decided to leave later for airport based upon that 8 pm time and missed the final flight time

104 real feel already, in the 40s at night back home. Going to be a jolt to the system Monday evening

Not that I’m counting :rolleyes1Walked 10.37 miles yesterday. Believe I’ll crack 100 for this trip. My feet have filed multiple complaints letting me know they’ve had just about enough of this crap.

Ruth we were at CB @ U for 6 days, then onto BWV for another 6. Now solo at SF for 4. Intent annusl hook up with Mac & whomever else bopping around from here. I’m exhausted TBH

Yay Friday is here and certainly have that Friday wahoo feeling.

We have a very dark morning, and cooler too, with it 53 degrees out. But sunrise less than a half hour from now, and a gloriously sunshine filled day we will have. Breezy and high of 76 degrees in the late afternoon.

Hehe, as got out of my shower, heard my neighbor tossing his trash out. Guess someone is up early like DH and I.

Ah the last day I need to get up early for over two weeks. Woot! Even though I still tend to get up very early when a lazy day, so much nicer to just chill instead of having to being ready almost right away.

Keisha - will you still be there?
Im flying out at 4 pmish Sunday

Hit me up if u can do a hey

Hey to Robbie & charade (you missed the blimp fly over this am)

F1AE8F0E-449E-4697-BF14-D8CB9767DF40.jpeg

608BBBDF-A5E0-4F4F-95EC-75F697872D9A.jpeg

Though my one brother said weren’t you just there?
Tell him to mind his own beeswax lol
It gets better. There is only one bathroom for each gender before you go through security to get to the gate. Both are closed for renovations. The airport has port-a-potties in trailers outside the airport.
Oh my
Concert was cancelled by the venue - Allegient Stadium floor couldn't support his stage and towers for his light show.
That is wildly unacceptable
It's starting to be a bad area towards that way. But head back towards Ceasars Palace/Treasure Island/ Mirage it's a great safe area.
Yep, we never ventured further north than Venetian for that reason. It was like that 25 years ago, lots of muggings. strip is rather sparse there anyway. Can get my ‘old Vegas vibe’ on at flamingo. Interestingly, it has lovely rooms for such an old bldg

Ah Charade, hope you are there and enjoying the heat.

Ack, Keisha, missing you this trip. We are arriving closer to 5pmish.

Hehe, DH taking us tomorrow, and asked if we are packed yet. Um, nope. We have plenty of time. I guess will drag the luggage out after dinner tonight. Wash done, and now I know I bought new stuff to take, and I don’t remembers I put it. Sigh. Guess that I’ll be doing that seek and find soon. And yay, both of us checked in, and with SW, we have only 3 people in between us in that stand in letter and number line. Different reservations, as I made mine months before little one even said, I think I’ll join you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter