• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Something About Nothing ... #12

The only thing I use Tylenol for is head pain and fever. Or inermittently with NSAIDS if I'm takening them frequently to protect my stomach. Shouldn't be taken with alcohol.

I personally have never had much luck with them outside of that. I rely on NSAIDs mostly. They can be harsh on the tummy but okay on the liver.

That's all I know as a BA in business and 26 years on the planet. Take advice at own risk

I started this new med June
It is a one dose every month
I have an issue with the para thyroid gland which has caused me to have a dangerous high calcium level

But can't take NSAID while taking my med
I read a lot that NSAID is one of the best things to take for pain
Wish I could take them

Thanks for trying to help me figure this out TinyD
Much appreciated

Hope you feel better mac! I myself just barely made it out on time of a bad bad cold with fever and sore throat for this trip. I was bedridden for a whole week till last Sunday.

Yours is something else, I just hopr it doesn't act up all your trip.

Here I am, nearly 1am, lying awake in my Tampa hotel, eagerly waiting for tomorrow and Howl-o-Scream.
I arrived at MCO at 4ish pm today and headed straight to Universal Studios (instead of shopping :scratchin) and arrived an hour before park closure. Went straight for Kong and it had a 5 minute wait!!!! This was around 6:20pm... Then did Forbidden Journey (no wait), and then went to Walmart. The drive to Tampa was a bit tiresome since there was traffic jam near by exit 44 due to some repairs or something and trip took an extra 30 minutes...
Now safe and sound, about to sleep and meet up the homies tomorrow in Busch Gardens!

Cheers all! :drinking1

Marquibiri :thumbsup2

How effective is Tylenol 650 mg?
For pain relief?

Having a serious reaction now from a medication I took yesterday morning
Tylenol is the only thing I can take for pain since I had a bad allergic reaction to naproxen, then to ibuprofen, both NSAIDs. NSAIDs are better for inflammation and swelling along with pain, but 2 extra-strength Tylenol can be pretty effective for pain. Tylenol with codeine works better, but it's prescription only, and codeine can cause digestive problems.

Sorry you're not feeling well.

Car decals?[/QUOTE
C590F3CB-8968-4B20-90BD-D78D886950B4_zpsyakx57lg.jpg

Throwback Thursday for sure. Was doing some major house cleaning. Papers from the 80's and 90's kept. Shredder has had a workout lately. What we were thinking? Man have the years past.

So, from a very wet and windy morning, hello all you homies on this last Wednesday of September, and the first one in the fall. Sweater on and I'm still cold. Time for tea. And here's a funny for ya:

th

ok, another funny:

th
HeHe, I'm dog lover ya know. Potty humor. ::yes:: :rotfl:

Homies, in a past year, Bluer made car decals of UO

I brought the last 3 that he gave me to give out

I will bring those to the meets to give out

Pm me if you want to claim one of them now

I believe I have one more package of them so if I find it I will bring them.

Mac - hope you feel better. Tylenol doesn't do a thing for me so I stick to ibuprofen.

We did AK and DHS today. Toy story had a 50 minute stand-by line when we went in with our fastpasses. It was only 20 minutes when we came out so we did it again. It was 40 minutes when we came out the next time. I've NEVER seen toy story ever have a 20 minute wait, so that was cool. Off to Downtown Disney tomorrow. Have to do our usual Earl of Sandwich and Ghiredelli stops. We're also planning on Disney Quest if they're still open.

I started this new med June
It is a one dose every month
I have an issue with the para thyroid gland which has caused me to have a dangerous high calcium level

But can't take NSAID while taking my med
I read a lot that NSAID is one of the best things to take for pain
Wish I could take them

Thanks for trying to help me figure this out TinyD
Much appreciated
Well I guess that's your only option then! I hope it works and makes you feel a bit better.

Oh, and I hear believing something works is the first step in it actually working. Try that! And be careful with drinks while taking Tylenol. Don't want to put too much stress on your liver.

Mac - hope you feel better. Tylenol doesn't do a thing for me so I stick to ibuprofen.

We did AK and DHS today. Toy story had a 50 minute stand-by line when we went in with our fastpasses. It was only 20 minutes when we came out so we did it again. It was 40 minutes when we came out the next time. I've NEVER seen toy story ever have a 20 minute wait, so that was cool. Off to Downtown Disney tomorrow. Have to do our usual Earl of Sandwich and Ghiredelli stops. We're also planning on Disney Quest if they're still open.
Did you get much rain in the parks today?

I hit mk and Epcot
Had some rain briefly

Had a lot of rain at mk yesterday when I was with Marcie
We had fp for splash mt and gave up as it would have been over 30 minutes for it to restart as long as no more storms came in

You did great on the toy story ride without a bad wait on the repeat ride

Who had the highest school on that ride

Hmmm, think I will challenge Marcie on that ride

Hope to meet up with you and the kiddos at UO

Well I guess that's your only option then! I hope it works and makes you feel a bit better.

Oh, and I hear believing something works is the first step in it actually working. Try that! And be careful with drinks while taking Tylenol. Don't want to put too much stress on your liver.
Sure thing
:sad1:

I hear you TinyD
I never mix meds with booze

:sad1:
Sorry. I always tell people that regardless of age or knowledge. I've had too many wonderful people not realize the risks. It's so easy to forget.

I'm sorry for your pain and not being home for your son! Well wishes your way! I hope whatever it is passes and you'll be able to enjoy your vacay.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter