• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Someone explain Figment

Our family enjoys the current figment ride as well as the musical play activities after the ride. I am always dragging them out after 15-30 minutes of play time to get somewhere! The motion conducting area and the stepping stone lights are their favorites!

We were there during Wine and Dine Race week in November and did not experience any wait there - infact, I still regret that we didn't use our FP because there was no wait as it prevented us from possibly getting a tier 1 4th!

Later in 2016 there will be a DVC members area in the upper floor of that pavilion which could impact crowd levels further at the attraction and play areas so likely even more worthy of the tier 2 FP as we go thru this year.

Wait, what do you do in Epcot for 3 days each trip if you haven't seen everything? o_O
I know that it is impolitic to challenge one's touring style or strategies, but going to Epcot for 3 days per trip over the course of 10 years for a total of approximately 30 days in the park and never stepping foot in the Imagination pavilion is a bit odd. Especially when Dreamfinder and Figment were the principle icons of the park when it opened. But it looks like this oversight will now be corrected. :thumbsup2

Yes, I remember hanging out in the Imagination Pavilion for at least 2 hours when we were there in 1985. It is one of my most vivid memories from that trip that I still have. The ride was fun, but the play area they had after the attraction was so much fun and very creative.
We spent that length of time there in 1986 just playing around. Such fond memories of my youth.

I LOVED the original Figment ride! Was at Epcot end of Dec and so excited to ride it but I didn't realize it wasn't similar much to the original. A little sad but there's always youtube. I also watched Horizons last night!

If you search for it on Youtube, make sure to look for the original version as well as the current version. The original version featured the Dreamfinder and his pal Figment far more than they are featured now. Today, Eric Idle, Philip Brainard (from Flubber) and Wayne Szalinski (from Honey, I Shrink The Kids) feature more prominently, whereas they weren't part of the original.

dreamfinder-figment.jpg

Aw man. Right in the feels. I miss EPCOT Center so much!

A lot of the merchandise sales are probably from nostalgic Gen X'ers like me who remembered singing along with Dreamfinder and Figment:

"One little spark
Of inspiration
Is at the heart
Of all creation
Right at the start
Of everything that's new,
One little spark
Lights up in you!"

And we believed it!

I have a little Figment plush from my last trip clipped onto my nightstand so that I'll remember to use my imagination every day.

My vote for the original also! But I just can't pass up on a chance to Journey Into the Imagination. My daughter and I are both fans of dragons, especially purple pigment Figment ones! So we recommend riding it. After all, what's Disney, without Imagination? :figment:

Explain Figment?

Two tiny horns, eyes big and yellow. Horns of a steer, but a lovable fellow. From head to tail, he's royal purple pigment. And there, voila, you've got a Figment!

Does that answer it? ;)

Oh man. Great memories.

Cranium Command: that's probably what stands out most about my visit in 1990 as an 11 year old boy. The girl in it was played by Natalie Gregory (long retired from acting)- my favorite Alice (from 1985).

Sorry, off topic :)

Explain Figment?

Two tiny horns, eyes big and yellow. Horns of a steer, but a lovable fellow. From head to tail, he's royal purple pigment. And there, voila, you've got a Figment!

Does that answer it? ;)
You forgot the touch of childish delight. :love:

A lot of the merchandise sales are probably from nostalgic Gen X'ers like me who remembered singing along with Dreamfinder and Figment:

"One little spark
Of inspiration
Is at the heart
Of all creation
Right at the start
Of everything that's new,
One little spark
Lights up in you!"

And we believed it!

I have a little Figment plush from my last trip clipped onto my nightstand so that I'll remember to use my imagination every day.
I have an imagination institute tshirt I wear under my suit jacket when I have a meeting with people who like to tell you all the ways your ideas are wrong. It's my quiet rebellion.

DS LOVES Figment. Its certainly worth doing once. (While sometimes there are lines now a days, its more common to not be a line.) If you have there are interactive things afterwards - like you move your arms to make a cartoon on a screen in front of you play music - and its very well air conditioned, so a nice break for everyone.

OP I get motion sickness on Star Tours (and even if I ride in the backseat of a car). Never on Figment. HTH.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter