somebody tell me what I'm doing.

Have you ever been to the night parade at MK? If so you think Illuminations is better?

We did "try" to do the night parade at MK last August.

For us, to really enjoy the parade, we would have to be near the front couple of rows. And in order to do that, you have to stake out your spot far in advance. My five year old doesn't have the patience for that.

I tried putting her on my shoulders, but it was too much for my back (we did a kind of piggy back thing for a few minutes) and then I gave up, and we took advantage of the shorter lines for rides during the parade. She just couldn't see enough with all of the crowds. It was a pretty parade, but it wasn't that exciting (at least without a good spot to watch from).

Illuminations was much more exciting for us. And we did not have to stake out a spot too far in advance. When the voice comes over the loudspeaker and the lights go out in the park and the torches are lit and the fireworks and lasers go off and the music swells....oh, my, it is the most amazing show.

We prefer the Spectromagic parade over Illuminations anyday. :worship: IMO Illuminations is something you could skip altogether. I do agree with some of the other poster that you may be park hopping a bit much. I know this is your son's first time but how many times have you and DH been? I find getting from park to park takes at least 45mins anyway you travel:scared1: (from waiting on the buses to changing monorails whatever the case) I would rather spend that 45mins in the park. Since you are limited on time I would try to stay in the same area each day. MK day eat in MK or the near by resorts. We walked to CR for Chef Mickey and it only took us 5mins to get to the resort. Sounds like to me you could spend all day in HS. I would start in HS with a breakfast at Hollywood and Vine and spend the rest of the day here. Remember that the shows have times and it's not always easy to see everything you want at an exact time. Also out favorite night time show is Fantasmic! If you haven't seen it, it is incredible.:wizard: Then I would do a half day of AK then back to MK. After all MK is probably where your son will enjoy the most. Don't we all think of MK when we think of WDW.:cloud9:

We aren't flying out until 8pm the third day.

Do you have park tickets for this day? If so I would use this day to go to the nearest park until noon or whenever your ME/check-out is. You can store your luggage with the front desk after check-out and visit the parks until it's time to meet the bus(ME).:woohoo:

Do you have park tickets for this day? If so I would use this day to go to the nearest park until noon or whenever your ME/check-out is. You can store your luggage with the front desk after check-out and visit the parks until it's time to meet the bus(ME).:woohoo:

yes we have park hopper tickets for this day as well.

I would try to change my 6/1 breakfast from CP to 1900 park fare. If you can get an 8am seating you would be one of the first in. Then go to MK all day. On 6/2 go to AK as planned then go back to MK for the parade and eat at CP for dinner. 6/3 do HS as planned and stay there all day and try to see fantasmic if it is showing that night. If you can't change ADR's, on your departure day would try to eat breakfast at 1900 park fare or Chef mickey's. I would skip EPCOT this trip.

allears.net does show fantasmic on 6/3. You won't be disappointed!

we fly out 6/3 at 8pm so Fantasmic is out. I also found out Spectromagic isnt on 6/2. An 8am seating 6/1 at 1900 Park Fare wouldn't get us to MK until 9 when the gates open for everyone. I thought we'd get there at 8 and do all we can do before the crowds get there and then eat at CP at 10:30 to take a break. Or should we leave and go to 1900 Park Fare and then go back?

I can't get into Chef Mickeys any day at any time which I'm kinda bummed about. Still trying to figure out to eat 6/2 but have no idea what we're gonna do after our morning at AK. We are thinking now of doing epcot for the afternoon and seeing Illuminations, but can't find a seating earlier than 8 at Coral Reef or Chefs Grill. :mad:

I really appreciate you guys trying to help me work thru this. :hug:

"Well I'm afraid with such a short stay u will be disappointed. I can't get it all done no matter how long I stay. No disrespect but with only two full days in park and flying out on third day I don't think no matter how u plan it u will be satisfied"

I know it's a very short trip, but I DONT plan on being disappointed no matter what happens. It's all about my son having fun. I'm leaving a 3 year old and a 2 year old at home, so any longer trip will wait until they are old enough to go with us and enjoy themselves. My 5 year old has been going thru a really hard time (he's slightly autistic) and this will be an opportunity for him to spend some time alone with us. We are really looking forward to it. :cloud9:

Just take it slow, do what you can, when you want to do and everything will work out fine. Your in WDW after all. Just enjoy!!:cloud9:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter