somebody tell me what I'm doing.

Punkin472

Earning My Ears
Sigh. I have been all over the place with my ADRs for our upcoming trip the first week of June. We arrive late the 31 of may and have full days in the parks the 1 and 2. Our flight leaves at 8pm the 3 of June, so I imagine we will take the magical express from the POP around 5 (correct me if I'm wrong here).

Here's what I have so far for ADRs

6/1 Breakfast at the Crystal Palace at 10:30 am. (park opens at 8 that morning..figure we'll get in and get some stuff out of the way before sitting down to eat) Staying the whole day in the MK.

Dinner at Narcoosees at 7:45pm. Hoping to stay long enough to catch the Wishes show..then head back to hotel. This meal is TOTALLY for my husband and I, although I hear my son may be entertained by the boats on the water going by.

6/2 Breakfast at Boma at 7:30am. AK opens at 8 that morning so heading over there directly after breakfast. Still DESPARATLEY triying to get into Donalds safari bfast for that morning. :headache:

we plan on spending just the morning in the AK then heading over to hollywood studios for the afternoon parade.

Right now I have an ADR for Coral Reef for 8:30pm. I'm not that excited about this because I don't think my son is that into sea animals. We often go to a seafood place here that has huge aquariums and after saying "oh look at the fish" he has no interest. I booked it thinking it would give us a chance to at least get into Epcot during our stay.

I would like to get back to the MK that night for the evening parade. Is that better than illuminations at Epcot? I know with our current ADR at Coral Reef we'll miss it that late. Should I try to get something at Epcot earlier? Or should I stick with the plan to go back for the MK night parade? Fantasmic isn't on that night. Tried it.

If I AM going back for the night parade, where should we eat? I want something super fun for my son who is 5 and has never been to Disney before. Is mary poppins anywhere for dinner? He has a little obsession with her right now.

6/3 Breakfast at Hollywood and Vine.

Any last minute MUST DO restaurants ANYWHERE on disney property that we should have lunch?

Sorry this is so long. I just want to make sure I make all the best choices I possibly can so my son REALLY enjoys his first trip and isnt' bored out of his mind at dinner.

We are on the DDP btw.:hippie:

I think Mary Poppins is at 1900 Park Fare for breakfast, so if it's available you could do that and try to get Crystal Palace for dinner and see the parade.

In Epcot, I liked Garden Grill for dinner and a 5 year old would probably like the characters there.

Well I think your second day is too much all over the place! you are going to spend more time traveling than in any park.
you have breakfast at AKL, then going to AK, then going to HS, then going to epcot just for dinner, THEN back to MK??? That's a ton of park hopping!

Personally, I would NOT go to coral reef.. been there, wasn't impressed. I would stay and either eat at HS.. or not to to HS at all.. go to Epcot and find a better place to eat.

also, if your son is 5.. I would think that 8:30 is way to late for dinner.. especially since you have been up and out the door before 8am.. I would be in bed by then! :lmao: My boys are 7 and 3 and all my dinner ressies are before 6 and we are in bed no latter than 9, then again, we are going in November when the park closes earlier.

If this is your son's first time and I think you are only staying for 2 days I would stick to only few parks. I would cut your second day with the AK and then Epcot.. HS is cool.. but for a 5 year old, there may not be enough to keep him entertained.. do this one next time when he is older.. I would then stay at Epcot and not go back to MK.. too much hoping around..

that's just my 2-cents.. :)

I would say you look good until you start hoping the day you are at AK, then DHS, then MK...boy that is a lot! If you want to get back to MK, then I would say see if you can get into Beirgarden or Garden grill (instead of Coral reef) for a little earlier dinner, then head over to MK. For kids, I think the MK parade is going to be more interesting then Illuminations at Epcot (IMO). If you decide to skip Epcot and stay in the MK for the night, try dinner at Crystal Palace, or jump on the monorail to 1900 park fare, Ohana or Chef Mickey's; then return in time for the night parade (if they still have availability). Another non-character place to eat that is really good is Liberty Tree Tavern in MK. I am there in mid may and just got reservations there for one night, so they might still have openings.
I hope that helps!! Have a great time!

Also, just remembered...you can also leave MK and take the boat to the WL and eat at the whispering canyon cafe...your son is sure to love that one! Then head back for the parade :)

As PP stated, I would reconfigure your days a bit.

OPTION 1:
Day 1 (June 1st): Magic Kingdom
Looks like a great plan. Keep CP and Narcoosee's. Also, sounds like you'll see Wishes that night (if your DS can stay awake that late - 10pm!). Might consider a mid-day break or late-afternoon break to get some rest before dinner and fireworks.

Day 2 (June 2nd): AK/Epcot
Start the day at AK and eat a brunch.
Then, head to resort for rest/swim if you want or head straight to Epcot.
Spend time at Epcot and eat dinner here...Teppan Edo, Coral Reef, Garden Grill, Biergarten, Chefs de France, Tutto Italia...whatever suits your palette.
Then, if you have energy, I'd stay for Illuminations. Otherwise, call it a night and head back to get up early for tomorrow.

Day 3 (June 3rd): DHS/MK
I would start the day at DHS at RD and try to get on TSM. Also, any other ones, your son may want to ride. Then, head to 1900 Park Fare for a late brunch (breakfast runs until 11:30am) to meet Mary Poppins, Alice, and the Mad Hatter. After that, head over to MK to finish off your trip before back to POP for ME.

OPTION 2:
Day 1 (June 1):MK/DHS
Start in MK. Eat at CP at 10:30am. Tour some more. Then, break/nap if need be. Head over to DHS to tour a bit and catch an early dinner (Mama Melrose, 50's PT, or Sci-Fi). Grab a snack and line up to get a seat for Fantasmic! at 9:00pm.

Day 2 (June 2): AK/MK
Start in AK. Have a brunch or lunch. Then, rest/swim at hotel. Head over to MK (might not need rest?). Maybe catch 3pm parade? Ride any "must-do's" that were missed on Day 1. Then, head to Narcoosee's for dinner. Watch Wishes at 10pm - from park or restaurant depending on time of reservation.

Day 3 (June 3): Epcot
Head to Epcot for RD. Hit some rides. Then, ride the monorail to 1900 Park Fare for a late brunch (served until 11:30am) with Mary Poppins, Alice, and the Mad Hatter. Head back to Epcot or MK for a couple more hours. Then, back to POP to catch ME.

Either option...I would consider changing your 8:30am Boma ressie. It doesn't allow you take advantage of EMH at AK from 8am-9am that day. By the time you got in the park and rode one ride, you'd have to start thinking about heading to your ADR. Maybe book an in-park lunch or a later brunch at Boma or Tusker House.

Any way you end up doing it...HAVE FUN! It's Disney, after all!

FYI-Narcoosee's is available for June 2 at 7:45pm, as well. Also, Boma is available later. I misread the time you originally had. I think 7:30am won't give you time to eat before the park opens at 8am and you'll cut into that prime touring time. Maybe hit the 8am RD and then head over to Boma for a brunch later (10:30am or 9:45am is avail).

Just ideas...can you tell I love to plan! I should be a TA!:goodvibes

1900 Park Fare brunch (11am) on June 3 is also open.

You have lots of options.

Use the online Dining Reservations to check into any changes!

Happy Planning

with the PP that that is a lot of travelling on one day. I understand you're only in the parks two days. We hit three parks on our last day this past trip doing all the rides the kids waneted to do. It's doable but we did spend some time travelling. Luckily we had our car and drove to two of them.

I would change your Epcot ADR. If you don't do Teppanyaki style restaurants at hoe then Teppan Edo would be a good choice. Biergarten is one of my favorites and is entertaining for kids. Just make sure you eat around a time when the band is playing.

i completely agree I have TOO much going on the second day. I had originally planned on doing AK on 6/3, but then found out Gay Days has their special day in that park and am afraid the crowds will be too large that day. SOOOOOOO I had to completely rearrange everything.

The only thing that really interests us in AK is the safari and the dinosaur section. I figure we can get that done in 4 hours or less.

Hollywood Studios actually has ALOT that we are interested in. My son loves playhouse disney and toy story and my husband wants to see all the stunt shows and go on the hollywood hotel of terror and the areosmith rollercoaster. We also want to see the 3pm parade there. So we figured heading there in the afternoon of the second day would give us the chance to see the parade and not have to stick around there to do much else after eating bfast there the last morning. That will free up the last day to either go back to the MK or epcot, which actually doesn't have much that interests us other than the nemo and the space attractions.

So. For the first day I want to do bfast as close to or in the MK as possible to get in there early (before the big crowds at 9) OR eat within the park for brunch. I want to keep the Narcoosees res for that night as well.

I DO want to do the 1900 Park Fare bfast with Mary poppins. Could I do that the morning we're going to AK? Or could we go to MK early then pop out to the Grand Floridian for a 10:30 brunch and then back in? How much time would I need to get there and back?

With your advice I'm going to cancel the Coral Reef ADR. I'd like the Crystal Palace dinner on the second night, but don't want to eat there twice, kwim? Also the only time available now is 8:05pm...can you see the evening parade from there?

Can someone see a solution????

Why don't you see if you can get a Mary Poppins brunch on day 2? Go to AK for EMH and do the things you want. Then, ride bus to GF (1900 Park Fare) for brunch. Then, ride the monorail to Epcot for afternoon and dinner.

Then, keep the Hollywood & Vine on Day 3 to meet the Playhouse Disney characters.

I agree...I wouldn't do CP twice in such a short stay. Maybe a late lunch at one of the resorts near MK (Grand Floridian Cafe, Kona) or in the park (The Plaza, LTT) right before heading back to Pop.

Why don't you see if you can get a Mary Poppins brunch on day 2? Go to AK for EMH and do the things you want. Then, ride bus to GF (1900 Park Fare) for brunch. Then, ride the monorail to Epcot for afternoon and dinner.

Then, keep the Hollywood & Vine on Day 3 to meet the Playhouse Disney characters.

I agree...I wouldn't do CP twice in such a short stay. Maybe a late lunch at one of the resorts near MK (Grand Floridian Cafe, Kona) or in the park (The Plaza, LTT) right before heading back to Pop.

The only problem with that plan is that doesn't get us back to MK on day 2 for the evening parade.

I really think the previous poster has a great plan. If you wanted to go back to MK just hop back on the monrail from Epcot, travel really is so easy between these 2 parks. One thing according to Dis park hours there is no Spectromagic parade, only Wishes listed for June 2.

I have a five year old daughter, and her two favorite things about Disney World are Illuminations and the playgrounds in the parks. I wouldn't miss Illuminations for anything. It is the most amazing fireworks display I have ever seen.

The playgrounds are in Disney Studios (Honey I Shrunk the Kids) and Animal Kingdom (the Digsite). I think the Winnie the Pooh playground in the Magic Kingdom is closed right now, but I am not sure. Eve loved all three playgrounds. She also liked Kali River Rapids at AK and Haunted Mansion and Splash Mountain at MK.

As for restaurants, all of us enjoyed Coral Reef. We were seated right next to the sea turtle, which was cool. Also, people kept swimming by our window and that was really entertaining, too. I don't think we realized how immense the aquarium was until we were seated. The people were in scuba gear, and they would wave at us, if we waved first. One of them had a sign to hold up for someone seated in a booth not that far away. The aquarium is certainly bigger than anything in our hometown. Red Lobster has a fish tank, but not like the Coral Reef.

Evie's favorite restaurants were Ohana's for breakfast (Stitch playfully stole her fork and she loved it!), 1900 Park Fair (she really liked the Mad Hatter), and the Rainforest Cafe (she loved the storm that came through every 20 minutes or so). She loved all of the character meals--they were so much fun!

With such a short visit, I may be tempted to just do AK and MK with Evie. But if I was going to Epcot, I would definitely stay for Illuminations. I would put it ahead of dinner at the Coral Reef. It is too special to miss.

Hmmm I'm seeing availability for Donald's that morning @ 820!

Sorry! There's no availability at the restaurant you requested. Below are offers for alternate restaurants
Day: Wednesday, June 2, 2010 Time: 8:15 AM Dining Party: 2 Adults, 1 Child (Age 5):confused3

I have a five year old daughter, and her two favorite things about Disney World are Illuminations and the playgrounds in the parks. I wouldn't miss Illuminations for anything. It is the most amazing fireworks display I have ever seen.

The playgrounds are in Disney Studios (Honey I Shrunk the Kids) and Animal Kingdom (the Digsite). I think the Winnie the Pooh playground in the Magic Kingdom is closed right now, but I am not sure. Eve loved all three playgrounds. She also liked Kali River Rapids at AK and Haunted Mansion and Splash Mountain at MK.

As for restaurants, all of us enjoyed Coral Reef. We were seated right next to the sea turtle, which was cool. Also, people kept swimming by our window and that was really entertaining, too. I don't think we realized how immense the aquarium was until we were seated. The people were in scuba gear, and they would wave at us, if we waved first. One of them had a sign to hold up for someone seated in a booth not that far away. The aquarium is certainly bigger than anything in our hometown. Red Lobster has a fish tank, but not like the Coral Reef.

Evie's favorite restaurants were Ohana's for breakfast (Stitch playfully stole her fork and she loved it!), 1900 Park Fair (she really liked the Mad Hatter), and the Rainforest Cafe (she loved the storm that came through every 20 minutes or so). She loved all of the character meals--they were so much fun!

With such a short visit, I may be tempted to just do AK and MK with Evie. But if I was going to Epcot, I would definitely stay for Illuminations. I would put it ahead of dinner at the Coral Reef. It is too special to miss.

Have you ever been to the night parade at MK? If so you think Illuminations is better?

Well I'm afraid with such a short stay u will be disappointed. I can't get it all done no matter how long I stay. No disrespect but with only two full days in park and flying out on third day I don't think no matter how u plan it u will be satisfied.

Well I'm afraid with such a short stay u will be disappointed. I can't get it all done no matter how long I stay. No disrespect but with only two full days in park and flying out on third day I don't think no matter how u plan it u will be satisfied.

We aren't flying out until 8pm the third day.

I think Mary Poppins is at 1900 Park Fare for breakfast, so if it's available you could do that and try to get Crystal Palace for dinner and see the parade.

In Epcot, I liked Garden Grill for dinner and a 5 year old would probably like the characters there.

Garden Grill is a Must do for our family as well! The kids love the characters and the rotating restaurant, I think the food is delicious.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter