Solo trip to DLP - looking for advice.

OP95

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone,

I am contemplating on booking a solo trip next year to DLP for a birthday trip . The main plan was to stay there from 14th -18th of November would this be too long or enough time? I was also contemplating on staying at Newport day club or to spend slightly more on the marvel hotel which looks amazing do you have any other preferences or would it be better to stay at the cheaper option ? i also wanted to ask If they have something similar to Genie Plus?

any advice is appreciated!

Hi there!

14 and 18 November are travel days or are they full park days? Even when it is the weekend, travelling solo and staying onsite (3 x early access, or leave early on the 18th?), I think it will be plenty of time.

The hotel question always gets a counter question from me: how much time do you plan to spend at the hotel?

If you plan to stay in the parks from open to close with no breaks to go back etc. And just need a place to sleep... Why would you pay a lot of money for something you hardly use?

Club level: You are travelling solo, so paying extra for space is not necessary. The lounge and dedicated check in are nice, but will it save you a lot of time or can you fully make use of it? I wouldn't. But depends a bit on your solo travelling style of course.

Chosing Marvel, how much are you willing to pay for decor? The main lobby etc. Are open to the public. Your room itself will have limited decor.

Our Genie+ is called Premier Access, and you can pay per ride or get a package. I always advice against the package as there are rides who rarily need it. You have early access, for some you can use a single riders line. Go to the park and have a look at the waiting times and decide then if you want to purchase.

More value for money is to pay for guaranteed access at shows. Based on what is available now, there are 3 shows which offer it. I am going to assume the new stunt show that will debut early next year will also get a guaranteed access.

Hi there!

14 and 18 November are travel days or are they full park days? Even when it is the weekend, travelling solo and staying onsite (3 x early access, or leave early on the 18th?), I think it will be plenty of time.

The hotel question always gets a counter question from me: how much time do you plan to spend at the hotel?

If you plan to stay in the parks from open to close with no breaks to go back etc. And just need a place to sleep... Why would you pay a lot of money for something you hardly use?

Club level: You are travelling solo, so paying extra for space is not necessary. The lounge and dedicated check in are nice, but will it save you a lot of time or can you fully make use of it? I wouldn't. But depends a bit on your solo travelling style of course.

Chosing Marvel, how much are you willing to pay for decor? The main lobby etc. Are open to the public. Your room itself will have limited decor.

Our Genie+ is called Premier Access, and you can pay per ride or get a package. I always advice against the package as there are rides who rarily need it. You have early access, for some you can use a single riders line. Go to the park and have a look at the waiting times and decide then if you want to purchase.

More value for money is to pay for guaranteed access at shows. Based on what is available now, there are 3 shows which offer it. I am going to assume the new stunt show that will debut early next year will also get a guaranteed access.
Thank you for the help, it’s greatly appreciated I forgot to mention I will be travelling from the uk so not much of the day will be taken up though 14th and the. 18th will be travel days , I do like to spend time at resorts so was the reason of doing the art of marvel. I have seen that there is a bus transport from the airport to the hotels is this worth doing ? Or is there a train that goes from the airport to the park? As I know there is one next to DLP. Thanks again for the help.

Thank you for the help, it’s greatly appreciated I forgot to mention I will be travelling from the uk so not much of the day will be taken up though 14th and the. 18th will be travel days , I do like to spend time at resorts so was the reason of doing the art of marvel. I have seen that there is a bus transport from the airport to the hotels is this worth doing ? Or is there a train that goes from the airport to the park? As I know there is one next to DLP. Thanks again for the help.
If hotels are your thing, then just do it :)

Transportation to the park, would depend on when you arrive. There are pros and cons to both bus and train from the airport.

Train pro: it is the quickest option, 10 minutes.
Train con: tickets are expensive and schedule irregular. You can buy tickets in advance, but if you are delayed the next train might take a while.

Bus con: it takes 45-60 minutes (and then can still depend on the different stops)
Bus pro: Regular schedule. However, I always seem to get on the bus when the driver needs to take a break first... and I get frustrated easily by inefficient waiting 😉

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter