Software Updater Malware Keeps Popping Up

lurkyloo

The Attic was just perfect!
What's being done (or can be done by me) about all this Softwareupdaterlp.com malware that keeps taking over my Disboards browser windows in Firefox and Chrome? I have to keep closing out and restarting the browser every three clicks or so...

For me too, with I.E. never happened before, but got so frustrated I shut down my laptop to type this on my kindle fire.

It was happening to me in explorer yesterday too. I was sure it was some type of malware or virus, so I just got off the disboards for the rest of the day. I ran a full scan on my computer to be safe, and it did not pick up anything. So far, I have not had any issues with it popping up today.

Okay- not 3 minutes after my last post it happened. It took the whole computer screen to white except for its box where it tried to "update my browser".

Do you have a good ad blocker installed? I have AdBlockPlus and have not seen any of the things that are being complained about regarding pop-ups, inbox updates, etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter