So, who already has reservations for next summer?

Haha my feelings will not be hurt if you ignore my elevator intel 😂

We are going to do DLH for the first time in June for my fiancé's youngest's graduation! I'm so excited. She's been to WDW several times in the past few years but hasn't been to DL and I think she's going to love it.

Ha! No, it's very helpful though, as I have a kid who REALLY wants PP, so I'm going to do my best to not be swayed and stick with it.

And yes, I'll bet she will love DLH and the DL resort overall! Early congratulations to her!

The problem with booking so early is it leaves lots of opportunity to change decisions!

It now looks like grandma and grandpa might be coming, and we might be moving from the DLH to off-site. To be honest, I'm OKAY with this potential change. We will probably stay at the Tropicana, which is actually closer than DLH, and we'll likely book a two room park view suite for our family and another room for grandma and grandpa. The thought of having two rooms and two bathrooms with a 1 year old and 5 year old is probably more practical for this particular trip. It also saves us some money. We've stayed in this room type before and it has a balcony overlooking the park and the monorail, which is pretty cool, and being able to see fireworks is wonderful since at least one of our kids will have to go to sleep early.

Will look forward to the DLH again soon though. I have to be honest that the early entry change of moving to only one park per day has also made this decision even easier for us. We can move off-site and not be penalized by starting on a level playing field at the non-EE park.

Yesssss. The struggle is real and my family is going to be sick of me lol. They are used to me making a bunch of changes to our WDW trips and, with only 3 onsite hotels, not as much room for me to do that with DL, so that's a good thing.

I'm irritated about the early entry change. We will still stay onsite, as there are a lot of other factors involved in that decision, but they are definitely reducing the value and it was overpriced to begin with. I kind of hope it comes back to bite them and more people make the same decision you did, but that's likely a pipe dream.

We are going the end of June! It's going to be a girls trip and we are getting a suite at The Grand Legacy. We all have been to WDW a number of times, but this is our first trip to DLR and California and we are so excited! Any tips you might have would be appreciated. 😃

Does it start to get busy in August with annual pass holders, or is that still a thing? I would love to start planning a trip, it’s been too long!
Yes, it gets even busier in August when MK's become unblocked. Check the MK blockout calendar on the DL website, and try to finish your trip before the date the two lowest level passes are able to enter again. Unless the pricing structure changes, weekdays are also busier than weekends. This is due to DL charging $159-$179 for single day tickets on weekends, but sometimes only $104 on weekdays. HM also usually goes down in mid-August to install the holiday overlay, so first half of August should get you this ride too (assuming it's not closed differently next year due to the queue and gardens project they announced earlier this week).

Have a great trip!

We’ll be there next summer, we just didn’t book anything yet. Our travel dates are the first week of July. I’d love to stay onsite, but it’s more than I want to pay, so we are between the Candy Cane Inn and the Westin. I’m leaning towards the CCI, and they are only releasing rooms for our dates the second week of September, which is why I haven’t booked yet. All that to say, I’ve thought about renting DVC points to stay onsite or maybe Disney will release a discount that will tempt me to book onsite, although I’m not holding my breathe on that one. I look forward to planning alongside all of you. It’s our first trip to Disneyland and we are very excited!

Hi! I wanted to pop on here and update that I booked our stay at the Candy Cane Inn this week! We are paying more than I want to, but it’s still much cheaper than staying onsite. Nonetheless, we are so excited! Having booked the CCI makes the trip more real!

Side note - I was at Target the other day and I picked up a Disney gift card for our trip. Can I use gift cards everywhere in Disneyland?

Last edited:
We are going the end of June! It's going to be a girls trip and we are getting a suite at The Grand Legacy. We all have been to WDW a number of times, but this is our first trip to DLR and California and we are so excited! Any tips you might have would be appreciated. 😃

We arrive June 30th and it’s our first trip to Disneyland, too! Have a great trip!

I do! We'll be staying at the Tropicana Inn and Suites. Originally it was going to be Grand Legacy because my parents wanted to stay there. When they said they weren't coming, I switched to Tropicana. I booked directly with them, but might cancel and book through Disneyland.com. That way I can make payments throughout the year and not have to use my credit card. I wish the Grand Californian was still affordable for me. The price of a standard room now is what I'd be willing to pay for a 2 bedroom suite there, but that will never happen. Lol.
Yup, End of September. Is that still summer?

Hi! I wanted to pop on here and update that I booked our stay at the Candy Cane Inn this week! We are paying more than I want to, but it’s still much cheaper than staying onsite. Nonetheless, we are so excited! Having booked the CCI makes the trip more real!

Side note - I was at Target the other day and I picked up a Disney gift card for our trip. Can I use gift cards everywhere in Disneyland?
Yep, never had an issue. The only places that won't accept DGC are places in Downtown Disney and obviously non-Disney owned places. World of Disney, Marceline's, Wonderground, any Disney owned places will. But non-Disney owned companies will not.

Side-note: Sam's $200 DGC for $180 is back for their pre-Black Friday sale. I'm using them to pay off some of our trip cost!

We're booked! Myself and my 3 DD for July 27-Aug 3 so we'll be there for my youngest DD sweet sixteenth birthday! We decided to go with a suite at the Best Western Park Place for a little more space.

We’ve got three trips on the books! (first one coming up in about two weeks). But summer is too hot for us, we tend to do fall/winter/spring at DLR.

We are from Canada too (Ontario) and although we aren't going in the summer we are going early April and have booked PP!
Have fun!! We went with a suite at the Best Western Park Place for the extra space but I haven’t ruled out a possible move to PP or DH if a great discount comes up. With 3 adults and a 16 year old I do like the idea of the extra space of a suite.

Have fun!! We went with a suite at the Best Western Park Place for the extra space but I haven’t ruled out a possible move to PP or DH if a great discount comes up. With 3 adults and a 16 year old I do like the idea of the extra space of a suite.
Honestly it was first my intention to stay in an off property suite as it is me, my mom and my 24 year old niece and we all wanted our own beds (or sofa beds). I saw that PP had 2 queens and a pull down bed (which is fine for my mother as she is tiny). So....even though it wasn't a suite and more money, I decided to go with PP. Also, my mom will be using an ECV and I wanted to be as close to the parks as I could...I did look at DLH but it was quite a bit more money.

Honestly it was first my intention to stay in an off property suite as it is me, my mom and my 24 year old niece and we all wanted our own beds (or sofa beds). I saw that PP had 2 queens and a pull down bed (which is fine for my mother as she is tiny). So....even though it wasn't a suite and more money, I decided to go with PP. Also, my mom will be using an ECV and I wanted to be as close to the parks as I could...I did look at DLH but it was quite a bit more money.
I think this is a good choice! You'll be right next to the DCA hotel entrance, right there in DTD (almost) without crossing Harbor, and it's just such a treat to stay on property, IMO. I'm a very early riser so I just go and grab a coffee and hang out on the Trader Sam's terrace. I don't know how that would work from PPH, though--I usually do that when I'm at DLH. At GCH I go down to the lobby.

Sounds like a great plan!

Thinking of about next summer. Pretty open about when. It’s a bit cheaper to go late august but passholders become unblocked around same time. At same time , if this meant more crowded parks why would it be cheaper to go at that time? I think the deciding factor for us will be crowd levels, any suggestions for best time to go in July or august?

We are booked for our first "home" DVC stay at the Grand Californian next June. (If we weren't DVC members, we would have booked Park Vue, which is where we stayed last summer.) Planning to drive out from Nebraska so lots of driving each way and then 5 days in the parks. This trip will be almost exactly 20 years since my very first Disneyland trip in June 2004!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter