So what brands, products, or items do you buy regardless of cost?

Oh, that's one thing I forgot--I AM picky about skin products for myself and DD14. We both have super-sensitive skin. I don't use/wear many products, but being a teen, DD loves nice skin creams, make-up, etc. I'm sympathetic, but this is one place I won't skimp--no Dollar Tree make-up for her!

I only buy bounty paper towels. I hate any other kind and I use a LOT of paper towels.

I use sure deodorant and tressemme hair styling products. But shampoo/conditioner is high end. I have a family member who does my hair and she buys me what she thinks I need. I find it lasts longer anyway because you don't have to use as much.

I clean with Mr. Clean but use cheap toilet cleaner. I also use store brand multi surface cleaner, the stuff in a spray bottle for cleaning counters, etc.

My husband has expensive taste in lawn equipment. We have 2 cub cadet riding mowers.

Tide
Best Foods/Hellman's Mayonnaise
MAC makeup
Tonnino tuna ventresca
Always
Kotex U or Tampax pearl

Tetley tea bags. I'll use all kind of different herbal teas, but for Orange Pekoe, it must be Tetley. They are just that much better.

I don't like cheap or offbrand paper towels or toilet paper either, but I love the Kirkman Signature brand of those items that are at Costco, and usually get those now.

Kraft Mac and Cheese
Dawn dish soap
Name brand cereal, soda, chips, pop tarts, packaged snacks
Kotex ultra thin longs
Secret deodorant
Clorox wipes

My husband will only let me buy Maxwell House Original Roast for coffee.

COCA-COLA
Kraft Miracle Whip
Jif Peanut Butter Cream
Smuckers Strawberry Preserves
KELLOGGS Raisin Bran (2 scoops of raisins)
Yoplait Strawberry Yogurt
Mrs. Butterworth Syrup
Clorox Disinfectant Wipes (lemon in kitchen & green in bathroom)
2 Plungers in house @ all times!
ScotTissue Paper
Lady Mitchum Deodorant
Summer's Eve

Last edited:
Heinz ketchup
Peter Pan Peanut Butter
Maxwell House coffee
Lipton tea bags
Organic Valley Grassmilk
real Maple Syrup
Dave's Killer Organic White Bread Done Right
Ore Ida frozen fries and potato products
Three Sisters Jasmine rice
Coach purses
MAC makeup
Scott tissue
Gain detergent

Only 100% maple syrup, no Log Cabin or Aunt Jemima!

McCormick 100% vanilla extract. I can tell the difference in the imitation.

Only Coke products, even though I rarely drink one.

Gain detergent

Charmin double rolls

Lucks pinto beans

Skincare and makeup

Colognes and perfumes.

Dish detergent- for hand-washing, I buy a name brand. I've found that the store brands don't work as well, and I have to use 2 or 3 times as much soap to get the same benefit of the name brand. We usually use Ajax or Palmolive, but that's because I can get it cheapest at Dollar Tree ($1 for 16oz or 20oz. If I find these brands or Dawn cheaper elsewhere, that's where I buy them.

Cereal- DH is somewhat picky. He'll do store brand "honey-nut cheerios" but his regular cheerios have to be Cheerios, and he only likes Kellogg's Raisin Bran. Also Shredded Wheat with Bran has to be the name brand, not store brand. He is OK with store brand (usually Hannaford) on most other cereals.

OJ- HAS to be not-from-concentrate.

Yogurt, sour cream, cream cheese- We don't buy any that has gelatins or thickeners added. Milk, enzyme, salt... obviously flavorings for the yogurt. That's about all I want in these products.

Laundry products- Usually buy All or Arm&Hammer, both unscented if possible. Occasionally I'll buy something cheaper (Sun? and there's something else..) but always regret it. For fabric softener I prefer Snuggle or Final Touch but will shop by price, too. I get dryer sheets at Dollar Tree, whatever's the best deal. For stain remover, all I use is Shout Gel. It's worth the price, to me!

Beer- only buy good beer. We have 3 microbreweries here in town, so we've gotten spoiled on the beer front. No more Bud, Miller, or Coors in this house!

Coffee- We aren't snobs about it, but we know what we like. I have to balance price against quality. We prefer Folgers Black Silk or Gourmet (also dark roast). I'll buy Maxwell House but only if the price difference is more than $1. Yes, there are more pricey brands we love (Green Mountain, for example, or local roasters) but this is where the price thing comes in. I often buy the more "upscale" coffees and we save them for weekend mornings when we are sitting around, savoring our coffee, instead of belting down a couple of "cups-o-joe" before heading out on our busy work days.

Peanut Butter- name brand, on sale. I think Peter Pan is our favorite but we like Skippy and Jif, too.

Saltines- I don't eat these, but they are DH's favorite snack food. HE LOVES Zesta, but most stores in New England don't carry them. If I am on a trip and find a store with Zesta, I'll bring them back as his "gift" from my trip! If not Zesta, it has to be Krispy. NOT PREMIUM!!!

Soup- Campbell's. DH will also eat Progressive, but I'm not a fan.

Most everything else is purchased by price or preference, meaning, for example, DH only likes unscented skin cream but doesn't care about the brand. I will use a variety of skin creams, soaps, etc., although I like to stock up on certain Bath&Body Works scents when they are on sale.

Last edited:
I have tried many generic napkins and cleaning products and they were so bad it's like throwing money away.

Charmin or cottonnelle tp
Bounty napkins
Lysol wipes
Swiffer floor wet wipes and dusting cloths
Friskies dry cat food and wet pouches. More bc I have an older cat and don't want to switch up her food
Dh likes certain deodorant and contact solution so I don't stray from those.
Cheez Its
GM Honey Nut Cheerios and Kellogg's Frosted Mini Wheats
Powerade

Kerry Gold Butter
Jif Natural PB
Dawn Dish Soap
Natural Bliss creamer
Nutella
Earthpaste Lemon Twist
Mountain Rose Herbs rose face wash, facial oil, and face cream
Everyday Minerals make up
Yesterday's News cat litter
Bubble & Bee orange vanilla sensitive skin deodorant
Lavender Pine Sol
when I don't have enough tomatoes to make my own - - SimplyNature Organic Tomato Basil pasta sauce
Skintimate shaving gel, usually the skin therapy varieties - - this is the only brand that doesn't aggravate my asthma and I have no idea why
Whole Foods Lavender Shampoo and Conditioner
Honey from a local beekeeper

Cat litter - Any time I've bought generic, I've regretted it.
Peanut butter - not brand loyal, but it seems like every generic has the same funny taste.

Wegmans normally has excellent generic stuff. I'll trust them for things that I won't trust other stores for (cereal, pop, and Greek yogurt come to mind). Even they haven't figured out the cat litter, though. And I had to mix their generic cat food in with some Meow Mix to get my cat to eat it. But they have the human stuff all set.

I bought some Great Value (Wal-Mart) Honey Nut Cheerios on a whim while we were camping last month. I think the conversation in my head went something like, "Wow! They want $4 for the real stuff, but this is only $1.64!" Nobody would touch it. Even the milk in the bowl didn't want anything to do with it.:rotfl2:

Q-tips, never generic cotton swabs

Yup! QTips and Band Aid brand band aids are the biggest ones for me. The difference in quality between these and their generic counterparts is insane.
I also only buy the blue Dawn dishwashing soap. I'm normally very frugal, but those damn "Dawn saves wildlife" commercials really got to me years ago and now I must support them but only buying their soap!

Hellman's Mayo
Land O lakes american cheese
Most cereals we eat- have tried generic and they almost never get eaten

I was never really picky about ketchup since I almost never used it but lately I have been and have started to only buy Heinz. The kids and DH never noticed a difference but I really prefer Heinz.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter