So, do you nap?

MarkyMouse

Mouseketeer
My wife and I are trying to decide if we should continue returning back to the room during the day for a nap. We are likely going to do the DDP for the first time and we're worried that all those sit down meals are going to cut into our park time.

We are also considering cutting back to just three days in the parks. We are wanting to explore the rest of the World. (ie water parks, disney quest, golf, etc.)

My children are age 7, 11, and 13. So should we keep the naps or not. I am thinking yes, and DW is thinking no.

What are your thoughts?

Heck yea!

That's the greatest break of the day. My kids need the unwind and so do I. When we stayed in a studio we'd relax too, but now in a 1 BR we put the kids in one room and we do other stuff aroudn the room or rotate to the pool!

Every trip we stop for breaks for the first couple of days and have a great time. Then comes the day when it's a long way back to the room, the interruption is an inconvenience, so we decide to roll straight through. By the end of that day we're tired, irritable and having a lousy time. For some reason, we keep learning that lesson over and over again every trip.

Sometimes we only do it at the lazy river at one of the waterparks but yes we still do a midday break as we hit all the EMHs and it's hard to get up after staying out so late .

A nap around 2 pm is the best.:banana: Our kids are 19 and 21, and we still go back to the room for a mid day break. Otherwise, it wouldn't be vacation.

I thought that's what the American Experience and Hall of Presidents were for?

We spend little time in the parks these days--and always back in the room by mid afternoon for a rest break. Maybe not always an actual "nap"--

I only do the mid-day break if it is really hot out or if the crowds are bad. During slow seasons when the parks close early and crowds are light I would probably skip the nap. When are you going?

We always break (4 hours) and my nephews are 14 and 15. We use the time for a swim, sunbathe and then a quick power nap!

We also go to one park in the morning and then another in the afternoon. This way it really feels like a holiday as you're not tired.

DW and i NEVER used to come back to the hotel during the day....we were true commandos - opened and closed the parks. but now that we've crested the proverbial 'hill' (we're now 30 and 31), and tend to take longer trips (7-12 days), coming back to the room for a mid-day break (especially in the summer when it's 95 deg and 98% humidity!) is a MUST. these days, if we don't do that, we're absolutely spent by early evening...

On our last trip, it was just a quick weekend (arrive late Friday, head home on Sunday). We hit MK early on Saturday, went to Epcot after lunch and were back at the room by 3:30 for air conditioning and naps before going back out around 6 p.m.

I told DH that I can't get used to needing a nap / rest and that I just don't have the stamina I used to have. I'm 43 - we've been going to WDW for the last 8+ years on a regular basis and in the beginning, I made us commando. DH remarked to me that when we first started going to WDW, he was the age that I am now (he's 8 yrs older than me).

I immediately got on my knees and begged his forgiveness :) I know now why he didn't enjoy our trips as much as I did in the early days and why now that we have slowed down, it's much more enjoyable for all of us. FWIW, the boys are 9 1/2 and almost 11 now and the only one who complains about the mid-day rest is the 9 y.o. but I bribe him with ice cream :)

I thought that's what the American Experience and Hall of Presidents were for?

AND country bear jamboree! :lmao:

I'm 49 and DH is 47. We never go back to the room to rest. We're commando all the way.

We almost always take a nap in the afternoon, when in Disney. We are at the parks first thing in the morning, head back to the room around noonish. At that point we either go to the pool or take a nap. Nap time usually lasts about an hour, just enough to get refreshed for the evening.

We almost always take a break for a few hours in the afternoons (maybe around 2:00ish). Not so much for nap time anymore but pool time...just R & R...get off the feet for a bit...cool off. Shower & clean up & go back out for dinner & more parks for the evening. We usually open & close SOMETHING so we really need a break just to chill...:thumbsup2

We definitely take a break, as we always go during the hot summer months and we get out of the heat around noon. Sometimes we go for a swim, sometimes we nap, or watch a movie, do some laundry or read a book. But we always take a mid day break.

Which is why we love having all that space in the 2 bedrooms.

We typically head back to the room around lunchtime. Sometimes we eat at the park, but mostly we grab a bite at the resort.

I usually "volunteer" to sit/nap in the room with our 2 year old daughter while my wife takes the older two (8 & 6) to the pool. I get a couple of hours to sleep and also score points for "helping with the little one." :woohoo:

We either go back to the room for a break in the 1-4 p.m.time, or arrange for a late lunch seating - say at Crystal Palace - we have a relaxing lunch and also miss the really heavy traffic in the parks.
DD likes the pool in the afternoon, too, and DS would rather grab his laptop and just hang out in the room or find a quiet corner in on of the common areas. DH would rather just keep going - he is a Disney commando at heart, after all. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter