Snake in Resort Room?

I never want a 1st floor room lol. We were 2nd floor at POFQ this past March and I was leaning on balcony looking at the pool and this giant 5foot black snack slithered its nasty rotten self out of the bushes and onto the walkway! Then it put its rotten self right into the bush right in front of a room!
Can you request no 1st floor rooms??!? :lmao:

I always request no 1st floor rooms and always get them. Snakes were not on my mind when I first started doing this, but last year at POFQ we had a close encounter with one of those 5 ft long black snakes. We came out of our room, hopping and skipping down the stairs and my DD was within inches of stepping on one of them lying half in the bushes, partly in the walkway.

We saw another one the same waiting for the bus a few days later. It bugged me more that I didn't know what kind of snake it was to be honest. It looks like those little black serpents are quite comfy at POFQ :rolleyes1

I don't think the level of the room makes much of a difference. I found a black racer in our tree. He was right at eye level with me. At first I thought it was a branch, until he moved. YIKES! That was in April, thankfully I haven't seen any since. They are just as afraid of us as we are of them. Unless we get close to their nest, they don't want anything to do with us. They will protect their territory.

OH MAN!! I did my online check in on Thursday for POR and DH had me request a first floor room...eeeekkk...I will be calling the resort tomorrow to change this:scared1:

:scared1: Really wish I hadn't read this thread and hoping that I forget about all this icky stuff before our trip in Feb. Of course being from GA I'm always cautious of snakes but I still hate them and don't want to see them.

But now he just shakes his head as I check the room for snakes and throw pillows at the curtains from across the room to make sure nothing slithers out!:rotfl: Ahh if I could only go back to the days where all I searched for was hidden Mickeys!

Why do I want to see this and record it? :rotfl: :lmao: I can't stop laughing thinking about your husband shaking his head while you throw pillows at the curtains :rotfl2: Tell your husband to record you throwing the pillows so everyone on DIS can laugh :happytv:

OK . . . so how many of you called Disney after viewing this thread to asked for an upper floor??:wave2: I did!

Umm, I totally came in here expecting to read about little snakes here and there but a 5 footer?!?!!? :scared1: I flip out when there's a little garden snake in my landscaping. Thankfully my sweet little malamute likes to run over and take care of them for me haha. I never thought much about snakes until one slithered over my foot a couple of years ago while we were rebuilding our house and I screamed enough to make the neighbor come out. DH stayed in the house laughing at me, what a jerk. :lmao:

Maybe I'll just bring along my little old Italian grandmother...she yells at the snake completely in Italian first and then kills them without batting an eyelash. :rotfl:

We have seen snakes several times while at Disney. This past June there was a long skinny black snake on the walkway at POR. As we walked towards it, it moved away.

I was doing laundry early one morning and a bobcat walked by the door.:scared1: Later I was out by the pool telling someone about it and a CM guy said that there is a huge snake in the bushes by the pool but they cant catch it. :scared1: He said they have tried for weeks. Needless to say, we didn't go back to the pool.:lmao:

Last snake I saw was a few weeks ago at the TTC. It was just a black racer, maybe 3 feet long. We were walking to the villians lot on the path that goes past the Lost and Found. Out of the bushes came this black snake. He slithered across the sidewalk to the other side between us an another family coming from the opposite direction. We all just stopped and let him through. I was too creeped out, I didn't even think to snap a pic.

We have seen snakes several times while at Disney. This past June there was a long skinny black snake on the walkway at POR. As we walked towards it, it moved away.

I was doing laundry early one morning and a bobcat walked by the door.:scared1: Later I was out by the pool telling someone about it and a CM guy said that there is a huge snake in the bushes by the pool but they cant catch it. :scared1: He said they have tried for weeks. Needless to say, we didn't go back to the pool.:lmao:

they have until the end of may to catch it!:eek:

We saw another one the same waiting for the bus a few days later. It bugged me more that I didn't know what kind of snake it was to be honest. It looks like those little black serpents are quite comfy at POFQ :rolleyes1

I'm pretty sure that snakes aren't allowed to ride the bus :rotfl2:

I am from NYC so those doors will always be closed right behind me, I do not want any unwanted visitors !!!:eek:

Maybe I'll just bring along my little old Italian grandmother...she yells at the snake completely in Italian first and then kills them without batting an eyelash. :rotfl:

Well now that you've advertised her services, don't be surprised if she suddenly starts getting a lot of all expenses paid trips to WDW! :rotfl:

Oh how I wish I didn't look at this thread...yikes snakes will be visiting me in my nightmares tonight!

My snake story....but not at Disney...

I was at work on a Friday just before 5pm - everyone was getting ready to go home for the evening. Our office suite was on the lower level and down the common hall was the ladies room, which I went to use just before leaving. I walked in and over to the toilet, turned around and glanced at the door and noticed it had not closed all the way. There was a snake caught in the door...heading inside. Im not sure how I did not pee my pants right then! I did however jump up on the toilet and start yelling. After a few minutes I realized no one could hear me...and then had the fear that everyone might have left for the weekend. My then boyfriend (now husband) and I didnt have plans untill the next night, I lived alone...I just knew I was stuck standing on a toilet for the next 2 days. I am petrified of snakes...no way was I going to be able to get past it. :sad: Luckily one of my co-workers noticed my purse on my desk...came looking for me. I think it was about 15 minutes- but felt like hours. I screamed to her not to open the door -I just knew that snake would come right for me :scared: She got a couple of guys from the office with a broom and a waste basket and somehow they caught the snake. The snake had escaped from the petstore upstairs...they did not notice it was missing! I worked there for about a year longer...but never did I go to the ladies room without checking the hall, the bathroom or without telling someone where I was going!

We saw a snake on the sidewalk leading to our room in AB at POR a few years ago. And last year, there was a baby snake caught in the door of our room at OKW. Fortunately it was the last day of our trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter