slo’s WEDNESDAY 7/12 poll - Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny

Indiana Jones and The Dial of Destiny - Have you or Will you see it?

• I’ve already seen it

Votes: 23 28.0%
  • I will be seeing it at the movie theater

Votes: 6 7.3%
  • I will be seeing it when I can watch it at home

Votes: 21 25.6%
  • I might be seeing it at the movie theater

Votes: 5 6.1%
  • I might be seeing it when I can watch it at home

Votes: 14 17.1%
  • I will not be seeing it anywhere - I’m not an Indiana Jones fan

Votes: 5 6.1%
  • I will not be seeing it anywhere - I don’t like watching those type of movies

Votes: 4 4.9%
  • I will not be seeing it anywhere - I don’t like watching movies

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I will not be seeing it anywhere - I never seen any Indiana Jones movies - please post why

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • Other - please post your answer

Votes: 2 2.4%

• Total voters
I'm a fan of the franchise, not a fan of movie theaters. Looking forward to seeing it in my home theater when it comes to D+

I'll watch it at home. I still haven't seen all of the Crystal Skull. I've heard Dial was much better. Was also surprised Spielberg wasn't directing, but Mangold's done some great stuff.

Edit: Just read that Dial will hit D+ in either September or October. My dad's birthday is coming, if he wants to see it, theaters it is.

We don't go to the theater to see movies. Wait until they come out on DVD and watch at home. We have a theater in the basement.

Saw it at the theater opening weekend. We go to our local Cinemark as we have movie club and they have 21 and up seating with food. We go and have dinner and cocktails while we watch our movie. Lot's of cheers from the theater and we enjoyed it.

Hoping it will still be playing onboard in a little less than a month.
We are going on DCL in September, but it’s DVC member Cruise and I am not sure I want to miss those activities! I would be willing to go to a theater on the cruise. I saw a few in the EBTA in May.

I definitely want to go and see it in the movie theatres. Indiana Jones is one of those movies with all the special effects that is best seen on the wide screen.

I didn't see Crystal Skull. Somehow that one didn't appeal to me, so many years after the first three came out. It just seemed like they were only adding on a fourth one, trying to stretch out the series. I didn't want to see that they were possibly trying to pretend that Indiana/Harrison Ford was obviously aging, yet were pretending Indiana wasn't - at least not to the degree he should be.

But, the trailer for Dial clearly shows that Indy has indeed aged, KNOWS IT, and feels it, and this definitely is the last hurrah. The reviews and fan response has been good, that it is a great way to say farewell to the series.

Still not sure if I should see Crystal Skull before I see Dial. Was it worth it? Should I continue to skip it?

Maybe someday when we can watch it at home. I haven’t been to a theater in 20 years. No use going with my husband, he falls asleep as soon as the lights go down and I don’t really have anybody else to go with.

Please go alone! As others said, it's not like you are talking through the movie. . . unless you are the kind of person who talks through movies. :lmao:

I purposely have to see movies here during "off hours," like at 11am or the 10:45pm showing on a week day, when most people are home and getting ready for bed and there's only a handful of people in the theatre. (Buying tickets online now with reserved seating lets me see how many people are in the theatre.) Otherwise, when it's crowded, people don't seem to have manners here. So many people here either talk through the movie, or are on their phone talking, (one person nearby texted throughout and all I heard was clicking on her keyboard. :headache: ) And some people bring their toddlers during very violent movies and the kids are running up and down the aisles or babbling throughout the movie. :sad2:

I get you, some movies are more fun going with someone, especially if they are comedies and you are laughing together. And some, hearing everyone else gasp at the same time during a reveal :eek: or a moment of brilliance :idea: lets you know other people feel the same way and how we are all interconnected for the moment.

But, seeing a great movie on the big screen is one of my pleasures in life. I didn't go to the movie theatres for decades as the tickets went up to exorbitant prices, and as I said, people don't behave here. When I finally started going again, right before the pandemic, I realized how much I missed it. So, if I have to go late at night and no one else will go with me then, so be it. I will no longer miss out on one of my pleasures. 🥰 popcorn:: (⬅️ I actually skip the popcorn nowadays though. Definitely too expensive and too clogging for my arteries.)

I might watch it when it comes to D+. I guess I *like* the Indy movies but I don't love them, I have to say. The action adventure stuff in any movie just doesn't do it for me. And going to the movies is so freakin' expensive that I only go if I really, *really* want to see a film. I'm patiently waiting for the Haunted Mansion to come out.

I will not be seeing it. I saw the 4th one, and I am still mad about it. Not falling for this again!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter