slo’s WEDNESDAY 7/12 poll - Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny

Indiana Jones and The Dial of Destiny - Have you or Will you see it?

• I’ve already seen it

Votes: 23 28.0%
  • I will be seeing it at the movie theater

Votes: 6 7.3%
  • I will be seeing it when I can watch it at home

Votes: 21 25.6%
  • I might be seeing it at the movie theater

Votes: 5 6.1%
  • I might be seeing it when I can watch it at home

Votes: 14 17.1%
  • I will not be seeing it anywhere - I’m not an Indiana Jones fan

Votes: 5 6.1%
  • I will not be seeing it anywhere - I don’t like watching those type of movies

Votes: 4 4.9%
  • I will not be seeing it anywhere - I don’t like watching movies

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I will not be seeing it anywhere - I never seen any Indiana Jones movies - please post why

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • Other - please post your answer

Votes: 2 2.4%

• Total voters

slo

My tag used to say - I'm a Tonga Toast Junkie 😁
Now that the new Indiana Jones movie has been out for a couple weeks, I’m curious on if you’ve seen it or want to see it. Soooo…..I ask…..

Have you seen the new Indiana Jones movie?
Will you be seeing it?

For Me…..My DH and I saw it a few days ago and I was really happy with the movie. It had that classic Indiana Jones style that we fell in love with 42 years ago (holy cow….I was 10 years old then 😳). We love going to the show and luckily there’s very little people there. We went to an 11:30am show and there was only 8 other people with us.

IMG_1170.jpeg

I hope to see it while it is still in the theater, but DH has the flu right now. If we get a chance when he's better (and providing I don't come down with it after him) we'll see it in the theater. Otherwise, we'll see it at home eventually.

Maybe someday when we can watch it at home. I haven’t been to a theater in 20 years. No use going with my husband, he falls asleep as soon as the lights go down and I don’t really have anybody else to go with.

Reactions: slo
Very unlikely that I will ever watch it anywhere (it’s just not my thing) but DH and DS will. They may go to the theatre on some lazy summer Sunday afternoon (if it runs long enough) or watch it when it streams.

We might catch it in the theater, but most likely, we'll watch it when it streams somewhere. Not the biggest fan of the movie franchise, but I've seen all of them at this point.

Saw it this past Sunday, and the theater was pretty full, IMAX, about 2/3s full,
LOVED it. Went in with little to no expectations, but really, really enjoyed it, very entertaining, and a wonderful way to wrap things up. I remember actually missing seeing the original in 1981 in theaters, and was SO bummed, but saw it the next year, I guess on a re-release.

We love going to the show and luckily there’s very little people there. We went to an 11:30am show and there was only 8 other people with us.
That describes the theater closest to my house at virtually any time on any day.

The theater at the mall not far from my house is a little busier on the weekends.

Neither location or any of the others near me are anywhere near pre Covid levels. I am not sure that theaters will ever recover to pre Covid visitation levels.

Covid accelerated people embracing streaming and expecting to be able to stream movies soon if not instantly after their initial release.

We will watch this when it becomes available on streaming. It seems like since Covid, we only go to the movies once a year, and that is around Christmas. I don't mind, I find the living room more comfortable, and the snacks are cheaper :rotfl2:
This is how I felt in regards to see Avatar - The Way of Water in the movie theater. I knew I’d be dreadfully uncomfortable for 3 1/2 hours in a movie theater seat and I would need more than one round of snacks popcorn:: - LOL!
Oh….and I’d also need a bathroom break - 3 1/2 hours is a long time. I’m glad I watched this at home ::yes::
I hope to see it while it is still in the theater, but DH has the flu right now. If we get a chance when he's better (and providing I don't come down with it after him) we'll see it in the theater. Otherwise, we'll see it at home eventually.
Oh no….I’m sorry to hear.
Sending lots of PD for him to feel better soon :wizard:
Maybe someday when we can watch it at home. I haven’t been to a theater in 20 years. No use going with my husband, he falls asleep as soon as the lights go down and I don’t really have anybody else to go with.
You should go alone - my DH and I go alone when we want to see something the other one doesn’t want to see. The way I look at it….you don’t talk during the movie so what’s the difference if you’re alone or with someone? Just recently my DH went alone to see the new Fast & the Furious movie.

Last edited:
We saw it and liked it, but did not love it. He did a good job, but story was ho hum. I got teary eyed at the end knowing it was the end of an era.

Last edited by a moderator:
DH, the kids, & I saw it on opening weekend. It was awesome. Harrison Ford may be 80+ years old, but he's still got it. It's a really great movie. Perfect way to end the Indiana Jones series.

Earlier this summer, when some theaters were showing Raiders of the Lost Ark, we took our kids to see it on the big screen (kids had seen it at home a million times) and seeing their faces watching that in the movie theater...oh man, it was watching a kid version of myself when I saw it on the big screen when I was a kid.

I love the Indiana Jones character. Love the ride at Disneyland, too!

I don’t know that I’ve ever watched an Indiana Jones movie. I may have but if I did it was because it was on TV some weekend afternoon while I was flipping through the channels.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter