Skull Island: Reign of Kong

June 12 - 19 on site, so I can ride the other rides all week long. I will stand in whatever line they want to ride this!!!!

The ride is coming along well, vehicles (without riders) are being tested now.

It's interesting they are intentionally covering up the front cab of the truck with a tarp, like they knew folks would be taking photos of it. That video appears to be taken from the raised parts/treehouse area of Camp Jurassic.

Thanks atricks for posting this.........wow.......I cannot wait for this ride in September........I'm surprised how large the vehicle is for some reason........originally thought it would be smaller......but who cares.....it's getting closer!

This is going to be an amazing, fun ride..........:thumbsup2

Anyone else concerned that this ride will be weather dependent? One of the great things about Universal is touring in the rain. I will do whatever it takes to ride this, but a 2+ hour wait to get to the front of the line for a common Florida rain shower to come through could be disheartening...

Thanks atricks for posting this.........wow.......I cannot wait for this ride in September........I'm surprised how large the vehicle is for some reason........originally thought it would be smaller......but who cares.....it's getting closer!

This is going to be an amazing, fun ride..........:thumbsup2

I can not wait for this ride! I too am surprised how big the cars are, but better for me, maybe those big cars will not go very fast? Shumigirl, do you have exact dates for your September trip yet?

Wonder if there is a harness of some sorts....Prob wouldn't be very fast without one. Cars hold a lot though so that's pretty nice but since it's going to be a long ride that'll problem even out in terms of line wait times.

supposedly the tram heads right inside in bad weather, cutting off the portion what we see in the video.. so it should still run

Anyone else concerned that this ride will be weather dependent? One of the great things about Universal is touring in the rain. I will do whatever it takes to ride this, but a 2+ hour wait to get to the front of the line for a common Florida rain shower to come through could be disheartening...

The ride is coming along well, vehicles (without riders) are being tested now.

It's interesting they are intentionally covering up the front cab of the truck with a tarp, like they knew folks would be taking photos of it. That video appears to be taken from the raised parts/treehouse area of Camp Jurassic.

cool, was there last week, didn't see or hear anything.

the tram looks very similar to the'lead' one used for studios tour @ USH (Kong 3D/Fast & Furious).

I can not wait for this ride! I too am surprised how big the cars are, but better for me, maybe those big cars will not go very fast? Shumigirl, do you have exact dates for your September trip yet?

Yes, we arrive Thursday Sept 15th and leave Mon Oct 3rd.........are you there then too??

I am so looking forward to this ride........more than any other for a while..........

cool, was there last week, didn't see or hear anything.

the tram looks very similar to the'lead' one used for studios tour @ USH (Kong 3D/Fast & Furious).
So is the fast and furious in orlando supposed to be exactly like the one in hollywood? I just watched a youtube video of the one in hollywood and you're right the vehicle is basically the same thing as what you see with kong (though I think the kong one might be able to move around a bit more but idk I could be wrong).

So is the fast and furious in orlando supposed to be exactly like the one in hollywood? I just watched a youtube video of the one in hollywood and you're right the vehicle is basically the same thing as what you see with kong (though I think the kong one might be able to move around a bit more but idk I could be wrong).

No. Fast and Furious is just part of the tram ride at Universal Hollywood as is King Kong.

No. Fast and Furious is just part of the tram ride at Universal Hollywood as is King Kong.
Ohhhhh Ok. Thank you very much for that clarification and the information about the Kong ride in CA. I was starting to get worried because the descriptions I had read didn't quite match up with the video I saw.

Ohhhhh Ok. Thank you very much for that clarification and the information about the Kong ride in CA. I was starting to get worried because the descriptions I had read didn't quite match up with the video I saw.
I'm hoping USO version of f&f is longer than the original...with lots of vin diesel lol

I'm hoping USO version of f&f is longer than the original...with lots of vin diesel lol
Me too and I'm hoping it actually carries some speed and does some cool things...no offense to CA but that on there looked wayyyyy boring (but it could be the "had to be there" type thing too).

I'm thinking the Kong one at USO might actually be quite awesome I mean the atmosphere alone that they have created, at least what you can currently see, def. helps and looks really good to me.

Yes, we arrive Thursday Sept 15th and leave Mon Oct 3rd.........are you there then too??

I am so looking forward to this ride........more than any other for a while..........

Darn! We will just miss you. We are headed down sept 7-14, celebrating my husband's and son's(his 18th!) birthdays
I was so hoping to meet you.

Darn! We will just miss you. We are headed down sept 7-14, celebrating my husband's and son's(his 18th!) birthdays
I was so hoping to meet you.

Oh what a shame! That would have been lovely to meet up........there are so many people we would like to meet, but miss by a day or so at times..........

But what lovely reasons to celebrate.......maybe another year we'll manage a meet.......:)

Is scheduled opening still "summer"?:confused3:confused3 HOPING HOPING May, but probably not I suppose:wizard:. Oh, well, will have to return in '17 then. LOOKS like this will be SO AWESOME!:cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter