Singles who are for the "Love of Disney" - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all...long time. In fact, I did not realize this is where the "singles" thread had evolved. Just checking in....MaryD73 and I (met here on these boards) are doing well and welcomed our son John to the world on February 3.

As I did not realize this is where the singles thread had "evolved" I had started a new thread about it...here: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2401574.

Hope all are doing well and glad to see there have been a few more DIS relationships!

Oh MY!!! Congrats and great to see ya'll are doing well!!!

How's HOUSTON (my last town)?

Hi all...long time. In fact, I did not realize this is where the "singles" thread had evolved. Just checking in....MaryD73 and I (met here on these boards) are doing well and welcomed our son John to the world on February 3.

As I did not realize this is where the singles thread had "evolved" I had started a new thread about it...here: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2401574.

Hope all are doing well and glad to see there have been a few more DIS relationships!

That is wonderful news...congratulations on the birth of your son. :thumbsup2

I was there for Marathon Weekend, 7th to the 11th. Even I had to break down and put on pants a few of the days. It was sleet at the start of the half, which turned to rain, and the following day it was 29 at the start of the marathon. I read they collected and laundered and gave to charity some really large numbers of clothing that people discarded along the route.

I hope it will be warmer next year!

I suggest wearing pants whenever you go to disney, security is much happier that way.

Hey all! So, I was on this board for a bit about a year ago (different username), then I got unsingle, but now I'm resingle, so here I am again!! :laughing:

Soooo, room for one more?

Oh MY!!! Congrats and great to see ya'll are doing well!!!

How's HOUSTON (my last town)?

Why thank you! We like him.

Houston has been good to us. I moved here after we got married and like it a bunch. The weather this winter has kinda been crappy, but after living all my life in Upstate NY, I won't complain. And the Mexican food....enough said!

Why thank you! We like him.

Houston has been good to us. I moved here after we got married and like it a bunch. The weather this winter has kinda been crappy, but after living all my life in Upstate NY, I won't complain. And the Mexican food....enough said!

I miss great Tex-Mex!!! What part of Houston are ya'll in?

We are NE of the City near Kingwood/Lake Houston. Growing area, lots of construction.

How are things for you?

I lived in Copperfield (NW) on 290 and Hwy 6. There is ALWAYS construction somewhere in the Houston area!

Things are still wonderful!!! Time has been flying by. It's been almost 4 years since I met Alacrity in the Chat room. We celebrated our 2 year Wedding Anniversary in Disney with 8 friends! We did a semi-commando trip, with a Picture Scavenger Hunt that they really enjoyed.

Last week I took vacation and had a friend from Houston (bridesmaid) come and see how we lived. We went all over the town.

It's a BIG culture shock to move this far, eh? (But WELL WORTH IT!!!)

:dance3::dance3::dance3:

would like to know more about the photo scavenger hunt.

would like to know more about the photo scavenger hunt.

http://www.dbeedle.com/Photos/FNSC-Oct2009/Scavenger Hunts/index.html

I wrote 'em....Al did the graphics and posted them on his Website.

The Lists are for each Park...We had Couples (4) with us...so they were each a "team". You had to get a picture with the individual item, there were extra points awarded for teammate(s) in the picture and for originality of poses. If they got BOTH in the picture, they would have to ask someone else to take the picture. Some things were easy to find, others not so much. The lists were written so that they would HAVE to interact with CMs. They had a blast, they saw stuff that they might have overlooked and they all had a set of pics when they got home.

I really encourage ya'll to try this...it was a LOT of fun!!!

:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

The Lists are for each Park...We had Couples (4) with us...so they were each a "team". You had to get a picture with the individual item, there were extra points awarded for teammate(s) in the picture and for originality of poses. If they got BOTH in the picture, they would have to ask someone else to take the picture. Some things were easy to find, others not so much. The lists were written so that they would HAVE to interact with CMs. They had a blast, they saw stuff that they might have overlooked and they all had a set of pics when they got home.

Sounds like this would be fun in May....

Can make adjustments and additions if there is stuff ya want to add! Or I can send the orignal docs. They are MS word docs. I think I posted PDF files on the site since they are more universal and smaller.

I looked over the clue sheets, I think they are hard enough. Some are easy, some requires some thinking. Some I have probably walked past many times and not taken notice.

I would add Blue Bus to the AK items:)

Cool! Could do the Epcot one tonight. I know where to find like 90% of that right off the top of my head. Could probably even find some topiaries already.

Thank you so much!!! Will have fun doing them. Would be neat to do something like that with a group

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter