Singles Trip to WDW in 2009 !!

What "weekend" is good for you ?? Singles Trip 2009

• Thursday October 1st to Monday October 5th

• Thursday October 15th to Monday October 19th

• Thursday October 22 to Monday October 26th

Results are only viewable after voting.
1. when is your birthday?11/22/69

2. the 1st thing you do when you get to WDW?
Honestly - take a quick shower...always feel scummy from the travel!!

3. favorite park?
Epcot or MK...Hmmm, if I have to choose 1 it would be MK (it has a train...but then again, Epcot has beer)
4. what is your height :confused: :laughing:
5'10"
5. favorite food/cuisine?
those breaded chicken fingers...hope I can still find them there!

*aahem* Aren't you forgeting a few...say 11 more answers???? :rolleyes:

1. when is your birthday?11/22/69

2. the 1st thing you do when you get to WDW?
Honestly - take a quick shower...always feel scummy from the travel!!

3. favorite park?
Epcot or MK...Hmmm, if I have to choose 1 it would be MK (it has a train...but then again, Epcot has beer)
4. what is your height :confused: :laughing:
5'10"
5. favorite food/cuisine?
those breaded chicken fingers...hope I can still find them there!

See...I really do have trouble taking direction! (is that why I'm still single??)

6. in what year did you first visit the world? 1976

7. favorite Disney memory? Riding 20k leagues with my dad.
8. favorite Disney ride? Was 20k Leagues...now is toss up btwn HM and POTC

9. least favorite ride? Is there one at Disney??

10. are you a pin collector/trader?? Collector, yes...trader, No (I'm selfish with my pins!)

11. Come on tell us the truth! The real reason your last relationship didn't work-out was because they didn't understand your love and affection for the Mouse, right?? In a way (a really big stretch), maybe it does boil down to that level! LOL! Would never have bought into DVC if still married her!
2 11's??? bonus question!
11. when was your last trip to the World? October '07

12. when is your next trip to the World? Was to be this month but instead planning on this October.

13. favorite Disney character? Tigger

14. least favorite Disney character? Again, can there be a least favorite?

15. Describe a dream Disney weekend get-away: 2 weeks at BWV. Grand Villa. Dream fast passes, park admission (all parks, waterparks, etc etc), free dinning with walk up, table service! During Food & Wine Festival.

1. when is your birthday? Aug 6
2. the 1st thing you do when you get to WDW? Soak up the Disney atmosphere
3. favorite park? Epcot
4. what is your height? 5’ 6”
5. favorite food/cuisine? Almost everything, willing to try new food items.
6. in what year did you first visit the world? 1989
7. favorite Disney memory? The first time I took my son to Disney, he was 7 and the look on his face when he first saw Mickey Mouse was priceless.
8. favorite Disney ride? Soarn’
9. least favorite ride? It’s A Small World
10. are you a pin collector/trader?? Not at all
11. Come on tell us the truth! The real reason your last relationship didn't work-out was because they didn't understand your love and affection for the Mouse, right?? Nope
12. when was your last trip to the World? April 30-May 6, 2008
13. when is your next trip to the World? Within 4 days (May 2008). Loved it so much I had to go back real quick.
14. favorite Disney character? Beauty and the Beast
15. least favorite Disney character? don't have one really
16. Describe a dream Disney weekend get-away: Spend two wees at one of the Disney Grand Villa’s

16. Describe a dream Disney weekend get-away: Spend two wees at one of the Disney Grand Villa’s

Two wees? Is that short for twenties....'cause I'm pretty sure a Grand villa will be much more than 2 wees! More like 100 two wees! (there was another avenue I was going to pursue with wees but decided to keep it clean!...):rotfl:

Two wees? Is that short for twenties....'cause I'm pretty sure a Grand villa will be much more than 2 wees! More like 100 two wees! (there was another avenue I was going to pursue with wees but decided to keep it clean!...):rotfl:

Good catch...that was a typo..it should have read "weeks." And I even typed it in MS Word before I posted. :rotfl: :rotfl:

1. when is your birthday? Sept. 23

2. the 1st thing you do when you get to WDW? Cry and exhale

3. favorite park? MK and Epcot tie

4. what is your height 5'3

5. favorite food/cuisine? Almost anything but I love spicy

6. in what year did you first visit the world? 1977 or 78

7. favorite Disney memory? to many to pick one

8. favorite Disney ride? Peter Pan

9. least favorite ride?Body wars and Star Wars because I get headaches from the ride.....ME TOO

10. are you a pin collector/trader?? no

11. Come on tell us the truth! The real reason your last relationship didn't work-out was because they didn't understand your love and affection for the Mouse, right?? About 90% true
11. when was your last trip to the World? February 2008

12. when is your next trip to the World? As of now Christmas but ya never know
13. favorite Disney character? Mickey and Ariel

14. least favorite Disney character? Winnie the Pooh

15. Describe a dream Disney weekend get-away: I need to get back to you on this one. It will depend on if I decide to go solo,with family or with my prince I haven't found yet.

1. when is your birthday? Dec 16

2. the 1st thing you do when you get to WDW? Unpack, head for DTD

3. favorite park? MK and Epcot tie

4. what is your height 6'

5. favorite food/cuisine? Pizza/none-I want to try them all!

6. in what year did you first visit the world? 2000

7. favorite Disney memory? walking across the bridge to Tomorrowland w/my son

8. favorite Disney ride? Peter Pan

9. least favorite ride?Body wars and Star Wars because I get headaches from the ride.....ME TOO

10. are you a pin collector/trader?? no

11. Come on tell us the truth! The real reason your last relationship didn't work-out was because they didn't understand your love and affection for the Mouse, right?? not even close
11. when was your last trip to the World? May 2006

12. when is your next trip to the World? 2nd week of December 2008
13. favorite Disney character? Donald Duck (I can relate when he loses his temper.)

14. least favorite Disney character? can't think of any (not Disney but I hate Alvin & the Chipmunks)

15. Describe a dream Disney weekend get-away: 2 weeks at AKL and all the Dis tours included

1) who and their top 3 choices for when you can go
2) own room, share with friend or group of friends
3) how long you are interested in staying (2, 3, 7 days, etc)
4) hotel preference ??? (Value ?, Moderate ?, Deluxe ? -- I, personally, would vote for value so I have more $$$$ to spend on other things)

1) November is my first choice but I am pretty flexible
2) own room
3) 3 nights (if I go solo to long DD will :sad: ) but I could have my arm twisted for an extra night or 2
4) value or DVC..love the Boardwalk, short walk home after Jelly rolls

Good catch...that was a typo..it should have read "weeks." And I even typed it in MS Word before I posted. :rotfl: :rotfl:

Cant blame her for stretching a weekend into 2 weeks now...

...my answers + 11 more questions:

6. in what year did you first visit the world?

= 1975 DL, 1989 DW

7. favorite Disney memory?

= dancing as Mrs. Pots in the parade of MNSSHP

8. favorite Disney ride?

= TOT and Splash Mountain

9. least favorite ride?

= cant think of any right now...

10. are you a pin collector/trader??

Yes and yes... unless it is lil pirates and lil princess they get the pin free :)

11. Come on tell us the truth! The real reason your last relationship didn't work-out was because they didn't understand your love and affection for the Mouse, right??

= sorta kinda but not really :laughing:

12. when was your last trip to the World?

= April 19 to 26t,2008

13. when is your next trip to the World?

= tomorrow... May 10th to 13th

14. favorite Disney character?

Pooh, Minnie, Mickey and Cruella and Ursula... yes in that order :lovestruc

15. least favorite Disney character? :confused3

dont have any...

16. Describe a dream Disney weekend get-away:

Dream weekend... can't think of any right now... I tend to try to project my dreams when it comes to Disney... LOL you will understand how crazy I am if you see my 24 hour escapade at Mk trip report!!!

1) November is my first choice but I am pretty flexible
2) own room
3) 3 nights (if I go solo to long DD will :sad: ) but I could have my arm twisted for an extra night or 2
4) value or DVC..love the Boardwalk, short walk home after Jelly rolls

Hello :wave2:InstImpres I dont think I have met you yet... :hug:

Hello :wave2:InstImpres I dont think I have met you yet... :hug:

Hi!

I've posted on a few other threads on this board (but am more active on the cruise and resort boards)

37 SF (nedsTJ inspired me that I can say single instead of divorced since it has been 6 years). 12 year old DD.

Love all things Disney...so much so I made it my job. We travel to WDW 4-6 times per year and try to cruise at least once. Was scheduled to be in the World today for the TSMM preview but had to cancel:guilty: Will be going again in late August but am trying to sneak in a late June trip first :)

have a great weekend.... all packed and on my way out!!!:guilty:

I guess since I started this post, I should answer some questions ...

1. when is your birthday? April 4
2. the 1st thing you do when you get to WDW? cry when I walk through the gates at Magic Kingdom
3. favorite park? Magic Kingdom
4. what is your height? 5'5"
5. favorite food/cuisine? Italian but I do like to try new things
6. in what year did you first visit the world? 1974
7. favorite Disney memory? WAY TOO MANY TO LIST !!!!!!!!!
8. favorite Disney ride? Haunted Mansion & POC
9. least favorite ride? Mad Tea Party:sick:
10. are you a pin collector/trader?? A little bit .... more for my kids.
11. Come on tell us the truth! The real reason your last relationship didn't work-out was because they didn't understand your love and affection for the Mouse, right?? Among other things ..... we were in Jacksonville, FL for a 3 day lay over and he won't take me down to WDW for a day -- I should have known !!!
12. when was your last trip to the World? December 2007
13. when is your next trip to the World? Nov. 28 - Dec 13, 2008
14. favorite Disney character? MIC-KEY Mouse !!

16. Describe a dream Disney weekend get-away OHHHHHHHHH :cloud9: --- As much as I love my kids and mom I would opt to do this one alone (so I could do what I want, when I want). I would have a 20 GB photo card for my camera and an everlasting battery, and I would stroll through all the parks, at MY leisure and take as many photos as I could. I would take part in every dining experience possible, tours and as many rides that I could stomach. I would be allowed to visit the "backstage" areas after park hours and of, course, a night's stay in Cinderella's Castle. I think this would be my ultimate dream weekend --- I am sure I could stretch this into a 2 week stay, if given the chance.

1. when is your birthday? November 14th
2. the 1st thing you do when you get to WDW? Usually get my butt to Epcot! The trip doesn't start until I see the ball!
3. favorite park? Epcot
4. what is your height? 5'7"
5. favorite food/cuisine? I mostly eat Italian and American
6. in what year did you first visit the world? 1992
7. favorite Disney memory? Marching down Main St USA with my school marching band
8. favorite Disney ride? Tot, RnRC, Space Mt.
9. least favorite ride? It's a Small World
10. are you a pin collector/trader?? not at all, I own one Disney pin and the person gave it to me for free when I bought a lanyard from her on ebay...LOL
11. Come on tell us the truth! The real reason your last relationship didn't work-out was because they didn't understand your love and affection for the Mouse, right?? My last relationship started going bad when he was complaining at Disney World! There is just no recovering from that!!!
12. when was your last trip to the World? December 2007
13. when is your next trip to the World? May 17th to 20th, 2008
14. favorite Disney character? Grumpy!!!!

16. Describe a dream Disney weekend get-away - hmmmmmm well, It would include being surrounded by friends, maybe the prince I have yet to find, and we would be staying at the Poly for a full two weeks. Three sit down meals a day, lots of those yummy drinks in the pineapples, and watching Wishes from the beach every night.

1. when is your birthday? July 10th

2. the 1st thing you do when you get to WDW? I have to see the castle. So even if it means going to MK just to walk on main st and leave. Thats what I have to do.

3. favorite park? Oh I love them all equally

4. what is your height? 5'6"

5. favorite food/cuisine? Not sure I have a favorite. I like all... well except the things I am allergic too.

6. in what year did you first visit the world? I believe I was in 3rd grade my first trip. My love of Disney did not start till Dec 2005

7. favorite Disney memory? Too many to list. Hope to make more this weekend as well.

8. favorite Disney ride? Btm, Buzz, RnR... many

9. least favorite ride? Pooh or Its a small world

10. are you a pin collector/trader?? Nope.. my daughter is. I do have a Lanyard but I use it for my keys hehe

11. Come on tell us the truth! The real reason your last relationship didn't work-out was because they didn't understand your love and affection for the Mouse, right?? Nope. But wont be able to have a next one unless he at least accepts my love of the mouse. Someone who shares the same passion would be an added bonus

12. when was your last trip to the World? Feb 2008 1st solo trip

13. when is your next trip to the World? Thursday!!!!
14. favorite Disney character? Stitch :stitch:

15. least favorite Disney character? I love them all

16. Describe a dream Disney weekend get-away - Right now its this coming weekend... Of course in a perfect world I would be with my prince and money would not be an object.. but aside from that it would be this weekend. With all my rockin friends and lots of drinks. Meeting some really special people.

*great thread! I would love to plan a Disney 2009 trip! I cant wait to find more info :)

1. when is your birthday? December 22nd

2. the 1st thing you do when you get to WDW? SMILE :)

3. favorite park? All of them

4. what is your height? 5'9"

5. favorite food/cuisine? Seafood

6. in what year did you first visit the world? 1991 senior year in HS--I've been back almost every year since then

7. favorite Disney memory? My boys seeing Mickey for the 1st time

8. favorite Disney ride? ??

9. least favorite ride? ??

10. are you a pin collector/trader?? No

11. Come on tell us the truth! The real reason your last relationship didn't work-out was because they didn't understand your love and affection for the Mouse, right?? No--i wish it would have been that easy :) :)

12. when was your last trip to the World? September 2007

13. when is your next trip to the World? Labor Day Weekend 2008

14. favorite Disney character? Mickey

15. least favorite Disney character? Love all of them

16. Describe a dream Disney weekend get-away - A wkd w/ friends/family or that special someone (when I find him lol)

Are you still accepting solo-trip attendees? If so, I'd consider joining in.

1) who and their top 3 choices for when you can go - I'm Julie and I can go whenever. I think mid-May or mid-September is a great time to go. January is good, too, but it can be chilly.

2) own room, share with friend or group of friends - I'd prefer my own room

3) how long you are interested in staying (2, 3, 7 days, etc) - at least 3 nights, but more is better!

4) hotel preference ??? - I'd say Value, I love Pop Century.

Well, I'd join in as long as you people don't mind an older Disser (54).

1) who and their top 3 choices for when you can go - I'm Paul and it's easier to say when I wouldn't want to go: June-August and major "Disney" holidays like spring break or just around Christmas

2) own room, share with friend or group of friends - I'd prefer my own room

3) how long you are interested in staying (2, 3, 7 days, etc) - at least 3 nights, but more is better!

4) hotel preference ??? -Value to Moderate

Well, I'd join in as long as you people don't mind an older Disser (54).

1) who and their top 3 choices for when you can go - I'm Paul and it's easier to say when I wouldn't want to go: June-August and major "Disney" holidays like spring break or just around Christmas

Dont mind... as long as you dont call yourself "old"! And even though I go normally every June to celebrate my Bday, I would definitely agree to say avoid June to September... they are the hottest months. August last year was unbearable!

I guess it has been pretty much decided that we should go during the "off/value season". I have been inOctober and November and also in February. Now, strictly speaking for myself ( I am in Canada )and possibily any one else that lives in the northern States, the weather is REALLY unpredictable in February and the Spring Break Season begins shortly thereafter. Would I be safe to say that October or early November be OK with everyone ??? Maybe we could all meet (gals and guys) at Mickey's Not So Scary Christmas Party some time in mid October on our first full evening ???? Maybe we could all dress up, meet for dinner and then go "trick or treating"???
I also think the general concenses is that we stay at a value resort. Any objections to Pop Century ??? And what tours, fireworks etc are we intersted in ?? Magical Gatherings events ??? Behind the Scenes tours ??? I think if we get the big things worked out first, it will be easier to book the recreation (golf, horseback riding etc) later.
SOOOOOOOOOOOO ........ what does everyone think ??? Not on Halloween night though. Those of us that have younger children should be home for the festivities with our kids. We will leave this up for discussion for a couple weeks. Some of the people interested are in WDW right now.
You can even PM if you have any questions/comments/concerns if you want.
I am so happy there is a bunch of us willing to do this .... we need more of the guys to join in and get involved !! LOL
I look forward to seeing everyones opinions on the next steps !!!! Can't wait !!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter