Singles Trip to WDW in 2009 !!

What "weekend" is good for you ?? Singles Trip 2009

• Thursday October 1st to Monday October 5th

• Thursday October 15th to Monday October 19th

• Thursday October 22 to Monday October 26th

Results are only viewable after voting.

Jenroc

SMILE !! Everyone will wonder what you are up
Since there has been some definite interest this idea, I decided to start this new thread. :cool1: :cheer2: :cool1:

First I guess we should determine the following ...
1) who and their top 3 choices for when you can go
2) own room, share with friend or group of friends
3) how long you are interested in staying (2, 3, 7 days, etc)
4) hotel preference ??? (Value ?, Moderate ?, Deluxe ? -- I, personally, would vote for value so I have more $$$$ to spend on other things)

I don't want to be limiting in who can show up ( a true Disney friend is a magical, single or not ! and usually the more the merrier !) but I would like to stress the activities/plans will be based on singles wanting to meet other Disney singles. This is going to be meant to be all in the name of fun and friendship !!!!!

Is anyone still interested ??? Keep me posted !!!! :woohoo: :rotfl: :woohoo:

:thumbsup2 I'm in!

1. I don't have a preference of when we go so I'm willing to work around others.

2. If staying alone, I'd stay value, however, if I had a room-mate, I'd go moderate! On second thought, maybe some of us could split a 2 bdrm villa??

3. When I go, I like to stay at least 5 days, if not a week...or more...or even on a more permanent basis :goodvibes

Now I get to plan two trips at once and I won't have to sob like a baby this fall when I leave the World! :dance3:

Since there has been some definite interest this idea, I decided to start this new thread. :cool1: :cheer2: :cool1:

4) hotel preference ??? (Value ?, Moderate ?, Deluxe ? -- I, personally, would vote for value so I have more $$$$ to spend on other things)

I don't want to be limiting in who can show up ( a true Disney friend is a magical, single or not ! and usually the more the merrier !) but I would like to stress the activities/plans will be based on singles wanting to meet other Disney singles. This is going to be meant to be all in the name of fun and friendship !!!!!

Very well said Jen! I am interested... have had fun with others for get togethers. And might be willing to do some of what I already have done for others for this trip (will discuss that later when we know what is happening).

1) Me!!! and am pretty flexible about when... just would like it to be when not so hot (like avoid June-Aug, maybe Sept.)
2) normally dont share a room (too early to tell)
3) again, Flexible
4) I have DVC so will pick something

OHHH .... guess I should find out what kinds of things you want to do !!!! Spas, special events (MNSSHP,MVMCP, Fantasmic!, etc), activities ....... all that fun stuff !!! Should it be planned as a Magical Gatherings ?? I am getting more and more excited just thinking about this !!! I was thinking off mid May, mid Sept, or November.

I'm in.
1.) Me - aka Ned (38m)
March-April-May, Oct-nov-dec (just preferences, I'm very flexible)
2.) Typically own room unless going with friends.
3.) Usually go for 4-5 nights.
4.) Also DVC member (SSR) but love the BWV.
5.) Fantasmic (anyone know anyone who can get us VIP seats?), MNSSHP!

Will stay tuned in to this thread. Cool meet idea!

:headache: Ned, you just reminded me that I failed to introduce myself to our future tripmates!

Me- 32, single, nevermarried, no kids- except for my furbabies :goodvibes
I love Disney and have been seriously considering running away and starting a new life for me and the furbabies in Florida.

MNSSHP, MVMCP (didnt really care for P&P), Wishes, Fantasmic, Illuminations, Spas (for massages are wonderful!!!), mini golf, tea, JellyRolls, AC, monorail bar hop (alcoholic drinking optional), Ice cream at Beaches and Cream, Slushies in France, Margaritas in Mexico.... need more????

will re intro too: 39, soon to be 40 :woohoo: single never married female, who lives 90 min north of the World. No children, no pets currently (well, my outside kitty), who is out to make lots of new friends who love disney and maybe that prince or pirate.

What she said. I don't care when or where as long as I am there.

33 year old single mom of 2. Live in Metairie, LA. Will jump in the car and drive to Disney on a moments notice.

I know it sounds crazy but I have actually done that quite a few times. The long agonizing ride with a 15 yr. old and 6 year old can be somewhat painful at times but when we get there it is soooo worth it.:goodvibes

I'm in.

I loved going in Feb this year. The weather was just right. But am flexable.

I dont remember the questions hehe.

But I prefer value. And would like to go when its not really really really hot. Just hot is ok hehe.

I agree with everyone that we should all go at TGM and DIS recommended times :thumbsup2 I know my sultry Atlanta summers are as bad as Orlando's but I really don't want to deal with it on vacation too! I'll change my answer from "i don't care when" to "any value season!":woohoo:

I'm in, but it depends on my schedule next year

1) Apr-May or Nov.
2) Stay alone
3) 5 to 7 days
4) Value or I might stay at SOG.

:goodvibes

hello peeps...
re introducing myself... :lmao:
Hi :wave2: I am the girl Timmy ( there is alot of Boy Timmy on here but only have met one girl timmy other than me and hers is spelled the right Timmie).

I am 5 stuck in a 38 your old body !!! And can go anytime next year as lon as I have enough notice to call in sick :lmao:

1) anytime

2) own room ~ this is for your own safety...:lmao:

3) the shortest I have stayed is 24 hours... the longest is 21 so your call.. I go with the flow...

4) hotel preference longer stay def'ly value!!! about 5 days can use DVC ... 24 hours .. def'ly CR

5) activities... anybody here play golf ?? I dont know but is learning to drive... and would love to do a veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeery slow teeeee time...LOL

tried fishing by DTD it is fun but the sad part is you dont get to keep the fish.. no cleaning.. no gutting and no fillet to take home...

I also did a BBQ at SSR by the pool.. if you dont mind killing an afternoon.. we can do that too.. BYOB!!!

Fantasmic VIP sits?? why dont we do the Mama Melrose Meal as a grup and get the VIP sits ???

Rides??? TOT the 3 mountains etc... I am IN

SEGWAY tour maybe ???

Tandem Parasailing ????

or just plain hanging out at Jelly Rolls is also great...

since we have till next year... lets do 20 question...:goodvibes :rolleyes1 :scared1:

My 1st five to you...

1. when is your birthday?

2. the 1st thing you do when you get to WDW?

3. favorite park?

4. what is your height :confused: :laughing:

5. favorite food/cuisine?

my answers?

1. april 19

2. as soon as I get in the car from MCO straight to MK

3. well MK :cloud9:

4. 5'2 :rolleyes1

5. Anything but pork

your turn... answers or the next 5 question will be great!:dance3:

Yep, I'm in!! I'm sure I'll be hooked on solo trips after next week!! I'm already planning to go with family in April, and I'm away in Michigan in May/June so Oct 09 would be good for me!! MNSSHP, F&W and of course...my birthday (Oct 27)!! As long as we pick a date before Nov this year, I can book my vacation time accordingly.

I'm good on the value resorts, and I'm pretty easy as far as activities go. I haven't properly done F&W so I would love that!!

Just keep me in the loop!!

...my answers + 11 more questions:

1. when is your birthday? 1-19
2. the 1st thing you do when you get to WDW? cry (i'm a dork, i know.)

3. favorite park? epcot & mk are at a dead tie!
4. what is your height? Let's just say I meet the 44" requirement ;)
5. favorite food/cuisine? Italian & red meat. Strange, I used to be a vegetarian :confused:
next 10....

6. in what year did you first visit the world? 1988
7. favorite Disney memory? chasing my 57 year old mom to the next candy station during MNSSHP 2007

8. favorite Disney ride? EE with Haunted Mansion & POC coming in at a close 2nd & 3rd.
9. least favorite ride? Dinosaur

10. are you a pin collector/trader?? nope. truthfully, I don't get it :confused

11. Come on tell us the truth! The real reason your last relationship didn't work-out was because they didn't understand your love and affection for the Mouse, right?? yep :goodvibes

12. when was your last trip to the World? October 2007

13. when is your next trip to the World? 9-13-08 thru 9-20-08 with my DM again!

14. favorite Disney character? :goofy:

15. least favorite Disney character? :confused3 don't have one really

16. Describe a dream Disney weekend get-away: I'd wake up at the GF without having to fly or drive down there (talk about Magical getaways!) I'd be able to visit all 4 parks with 75 degree sunny weather, sans lovebugs, with a very fat wallet so that I could treat everyone to a dole whip float in honor of Bob.:cloud9: Then the dreamsquad would stop me at tell me I had been granted a lifetime DVC membership at Kingdom Towers:woohoo:

1. when is your birthday? 16th June

2. the 1st thing you do when you get to WDW? Depends on the time I get there, like to check in so I have that done so if out late can crash when I get in

3. favorite park? MK and Epcot tie, then DHS and AK

4. what is your height :confused: :laughing: 5'8"

5. favorite food/cuisine? Almost anything... willing try things, just may have to do less spicey depending on where it is

6. in what year did you first visit the world? 1972

7. favorite Disney memory?My mom dancing with the Beast on her 1 year anniversary of being Breast Cancer free

8. favorite Disney ride? BTM at night & Soarin

9. least favorite ride?Body wars and Star Wars because I get headaches from the ride

10. are you a pin collector/trader?? a little bit

11. Come on tell us the truth! The real reason your last relationship didn't work-out was because they didn't understand your love and affection for the Mouse, right?? nope

2 11's??? bonus question!
11. when was your last trip to the World? currently, it was March 2008, but if you ask me this tomorrow, I would say I am there right now

12. when is your next trip to the World? tomorrow, then the 15-19th and then Mem. Day weekend

13. favorite Disney character? Hmmm Cinderella, Tink, and some others

14. least favorite Disney character? Piglet

15. Describe a dream Disney weekend get-away: To spend an extended weekend at WDW in DVC grand villa with lots of friends, maybe my prince/pirate (?), and have a great time. (agree about the weather and lovebugs especially)

since we have till next year... lets do 20 question...:goodvibes :rolleyes1 :scared1:

My 1st five to you...
1. when is your birthday?11/22/69

2. the 1st thing you do when you get to WDW?
Honestly - take a quick shower...always feel scummy from the travel!!

3. favorite park?
Epcot or MK...Hmmm, if I have to choose 1 it would be MK (it has a train...but then again, Epcot has beer)
4. what is your height :confused: :laughing:
5'10"
5. favorite food/cuisine?
those breaded chicken fingers...hope I can still find them there!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter