Singles Social Club: It's Still 5 o'clock somewhere!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Knew you would be back, Darcy :)

Let's have Teresa name the thread, didn't she do one with no drama in the titile? 5 o'clock is fine, i will just be a little early.

Have a great weekend, I am off to boy scout camp in Rhode Island for a few days. It's a nice bike ride from the ferry!

have an awesome time! roast a marshmallow for me! please tell me you were an Eagle Scout?!

Okay, I like that one. . .it works. . .and will fit in perfectly for my August month with dismem98.

Noted.

Singles Social Club...we celebrate everything!
Singles Social Club...it's always 5 o'clock here!
Singles Social Club...it's party time!
Singles Social Club...pull up a chair and join us!

Ooooo... Me likey. (and you seem to have gotten a couple votes for some of yours)

Joining this thread...looks fun!

Leslie from NY

:welcome: to the group! Pull up a stool, pour yourself a drink, and feel free to jump in at any time! :goodvibes:goodvibes

a friend of mine just posted a pic from hershyepark on facebook,, yep her son won a large pink pig, she's complaining about having to carry it all day...LOL

in PA, beer distributors can sell cases, not 6packs or 12 packs.

bars/restaurants with liquor licenses can sell 6 packs or 12 packs,, or quart bottles.. but not cases

hard liquor can only be purchased at State Stores

the problem with a specialty 12 pack is, most bars/restaurants aren't going to take up their normal cooler space for a specialty item, and then not have their usual stock for their regular customers.

as much time as I've spent in Orlando the past 3 years, I still can't get used to stopping at walmart or 7-11 for beer

I could not live in PA. I need my liquor! I like being able to buy it on any corner. Plus the fact that it never stop's being served in Vegas is a plus. haha

Due to some really fine effort by some wonderful folk, I will continue to post, but ignore all comments from said problem person. Anyway. . .Happy Friday. . .I think DC said there should be drinks involved today. . .not quite ready yet. Booking Brandon's airline tix and planning a rehearsal dinner for my new guy's son's wedding have preoccupied my time. . .lol.

YAAAAAY!!!!!

:woohoo::woohoo::yay::yay::dance3::banana::banana::cheer2::cheer2:party:

"Singles Social Club...Why aren't we drunk yet?"

Because your resident bartender has been neglecting his duties as of late? :rotfl:

Singles Social Club...we celebrate everything!
Singles Social Club...it's always 5 o'clock here!
Singles Social Club...it's party time!
Singles Social Club...pull up a chair and join us!

Hmm.... I like em all!

Sorry I've been absent guys. I've had a lot of things going on the last few weeks with all the last minute planning for my NYC trip. Thankfully that's over now, although it's kind of bittersweet in a way. I had an absolute blast and met some amazing people and finally got to see the original 3 Blue Men perform in the venue it all started in 20 years ago! haha. Yeah, I'm as much of a Blue Man Group geek as I am a Disney geek. I've gone from the realm of being single to being in a relationship as well as a few others have I see. I'll still be hanging around but may not be posting a lot. I've got a pretty sweet job lead in New Mexico but it's in the middle of nowhere so that kinda sucks. I'll miss the lifestyle of Vegas but the money I'll be making if I get it will more than make up for it and allow me to finally get back to WDW after 15 years. :woohoo:Happy Friday everyone and have a couple drinks for me tonight as I'm working swings this weekend!

a friend of mine just posted a pic from hershyepark on facebook,, yep her son won a large pink pig, she's complaining about having to carry it all day...LOL

YAY!!!!! that's awesome. I told my bff about his pig and how we tried to win it. he can't wait to see it! Aren't you glad you didn't win the big one for me!

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

I could not live in PA. I need my liquor! I like being able to buy it on any corner. Plus the fact that it never stop's being served in Vegas is a plus. haha

The state store for Liquor isn't that bad. It's easy enough to find one and the hours aren't bad. It's the beer situation that's annoying.

Because your resident bartender has been neglecting his duties as of late? :rotfl:

Good point! Bad Bartender! BAD!

Sorry I've been absent guys. I've had a lot of things going on the last few weeks with all the last minute planning for my NYC trip. Thankfully that's over now, although it's kind of bittersweet in a way. I had an absolute blast and met some amazing people and finally got to see the original 3 Blue Men perform in the venue it all started in 20 years ago! haha. Yeah, I'm as much of a Blue Man Group geek as I am a Disney geek. I've gone from the realm of being single to being in a relationship as well as a few others have I see. I'll still be hanging around but may not be posting a lot. I've got a pretty sweet job lead in New Mexico but it's in the middle of nowhere so that kinda sucks. I'll miss the lifestyle of Vegas but the money I'll be making if I get it will more than make up for it and allow me to finally get back to WDW after 15 years. :woohoo:Happy Friday everyone and have a couple drinks for me tonight as I'm working swings this weekend!

Good luck on the job! If it gets you to WDW, then it may be worth the sacrifice. :goodvibes:goodvibes

The state store for Liquor isn't that bad. It's easy enough to find one and the hours aren't bad. It's the beer situation that's annoying.

Good point! Bad Bartender! BAD!

Good luck on the job! If it gets you to WDW, then it may be worth the sacrifice. :goodvibes:goodvibes

Yeah but when you're used to getting it 24/7 on almost every corner it's pretty hard to have to make a drive to get it. haha.

hahaha yeah, well that'll start changing here in a bit. ;)

Thanks! That's kinda what I was thinking. haha. I really hope I get it but I guess I'll just have to wait and see. haha

YAY!!!!! that's awesome. I told my bff about his pig and how we tried to win it. he can't wait to see it! Aren't you glad you didn't win the big one for me!

umm you're glad I didn't win the big one, you would have been carrying it...LOL

actually I might have taken the giant hersheybar for a studio prop,

1.I could not live in PA. I need my liquor! I like being able to buy it on any corner. Plus the fact that it never stop's being served in Vegas is a plus. haha

2.Because your resident bartender has been neglecting his duties as of late? :rotfl:

3.Sorry I've been absent guys. I've had a lot of things going on the last few weeks with all the last minute planning for my NYC trip. Thankfully that's over now, although it's kind of bittersweet in a way. I had an absolute blast and met some amazing people and finally got to see the original 3 Blue Men perform in the venue it all started in 20 years ago! haha. Yeah, I'm as much of a Blue Man Group geek as I am a Disney geek. I've gone from the realm of being single to being in a relationship as well as a few others have I see. I'll still be hanging around but may not be posting a lot. I've got a pretty sweet job lead in New Mexico but it's in the middle of nowhere so that kinda sucks. I'll miss the lifestyle of Vegas but the money I'll be making if I get it will more than make up for it and allow me to finally get back to WDW after 15 years. :woohoo:Happy Friday everyone and have a couple drinks for me tonight as I'm working swings this weekend!

1. you just get used to planning ahead, so you don't run out of Rum..
2. you were missed, but seriously do you really think the absence of a bartender would keep this group from drinking..

3. awesome on the BMG
congrats on the relationship
good luck with the job prospect

Yeah but when you're used to getting it 24/7 on almost every corner it's pretty hard to have to make a drive to get it. haha.

so it's true that you can get it 24/7 on almost every corner in Vegas !!:scared1:

oh you're talking alcohol..nevermind

Thanks! That's kinda what I was thinking. haha. I really hope I get it but I guess I'll just have to wait and see. haha

Plus as a bonus.... no more weird swing shifts. :goodvibes

so it's true that you can get it 24/7 on almost every corner in Vegas !!:scared1:

oh you're talking alcohol..nevermind

:rolleyes1

:lmao::lmao::rotfl2::rotfl2:

I am with the bartender on this one. Even in California, we can get any alcohol on any streetcorner. . .at least until 2 a.m. What is it about not serving on Sundays, and not having beer and wine (at least) available in all grocery stores? I had to find state stores to purchase the hard stuff only during the week for certain hours. . .lol. There are shopping malls in Vegas open longer than your state run liquor stores. . .

So how does this work? Just be single and crash the party? Tell something about myself? Seems like a pretty tightly-knit group here. I've probably breached etiquette several times already just in this message.

So how does this work? Just be single and crash the party? Tell something about myself? Seems like a pretty tightly-knit group here. I've probably breached etiquette several times already just in this message.

:lmao:

Etiquette? There is no etiquette in this group.... I'd almost say that the only etiquette would be to bring enough to drink for others to share, but our resident pirate: never shares, so that wouldn't even be true.

Basically... just jump right in and have fun. We may have a pretty tightly knit core group, but that's only because we've been chatting back and forth for awhile now. We are a very open group and love it when new people join in the fun. (and i think our princess:'s wouldn't object to another prince (or pirate:) joining in the fun. ;) )

so....

:welcome: to the SSC! a place where everyone is welcome and a good time is guaranteed for anyone open to having one. :goodvibes:goodvibes

Is anybody else having a not-so-exciting Friday night at home? My kids are with my mom and I've got a long run in the morning, so I'm just bumming around my house.

Is anybody else having a not-so-exciting Friday night at home? My kids are with my mom and I've got a long run in the morning, so I'm just bumming around my house.

My Friday night is pretty dull tonight. Just sitting around the apt watching episodes of Scarecrow and Mrs. King streaming from Amazon on my TV. A New episode of Torchwood comes on in 30min though.

Hmmmm... maybe I'll pour myself a drink.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter