Singles Social Club: It's Still 5 o'clock somewhere!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Howdy SSC peeps :)

I've been bumming around today, trying desperately to figure out a way to squeeze in another free dining trip....sadly I have other priorities and I'm lucky I'll be able to make it to the Princess. Which reminds me....Louisa, I'll PM you later if you don't see it here, but I changed reservations from OKW to AKV because OKW wasn't a transportation resort for the race (and I have no desire to hop to another resort at 3am to catch a bus!). I suppose I will have to practice running at 530am at some point just so I'm not falling asleep at the race :faint:

I'm also mourning the loss of the SWW 2011 glass that DS managed to knock off the top of the fridge tonight...not like we can pick one up the next time we are there.

AKV sounds good to me! :thumbsup2 The easier we can make the transportation, the better. Especially since it's our first time.

Howdy everyone! I am just relaxing tonight. I should be finishing up packing for my cruise (I leave saturday for Vancouver, board the Wonder Tuesday for Alaska), but I just feel like chilling, anyone else around tonight?

I'm finally online and here. :goodvibes:goodvibes

oh man, you mean I have to drive back down again *next* summer? :)

:lmao: First thing I thought of when I read that article.... "CA's gonna be annoyed she missed it."

Bright side... you may be awake this time. ;)

I laughed when I read this because the first thing I thought, too, was "now CA's going to have to come back down."
:rotfl: :goodvibes

It does give an excuse for another Hershey Meet next year. ;)

Once again... I show up, everybody goes to sleep. :sad2:

On the bright side.... I just bought my tickets for my November trip. Decided to give Southwest a chance. Better flight times, slightly cheaper, closer airport, and free checked bag. Seemed kinda a no brainer. (plus, there is a chance I may need to fly them around Thanksgiving, so might as well start earning the frequent flyer points. ;) )

I decided to extend my trip an extra day from what I had originally planned so that I can participate in meet that looks like is happening on the 12th at EPCOT.

That would be cool...everyone gets to "host" a meet depending on where we go

Okay so how does this work exactly? I mean you all come here anyway. How would I "host" a meet in Orlando? We used to have the annual May meet with the original singles group. Maybe we can do something annually around the same time that DC, TDB, LALA and others are getting here. Ya know, end of September, beginning of October. Something for me to ponder and you all to keep in mind, although I like the idea of a Halloween meet up. Could hit up 3 different Halloween parties and partake of F&W at Disney.

Okay, random thoughts this morning. . .lol.

Okay so how does this work exactly? I mean you all come here anyway. How would I "host" a meet in Orlando? We used to have the annual May meet with the original singles group. Maybe we can do something annually around the same time that DC, TDB, LALA and others are getting here. Ya know, end of September, beginning of October. Something for me to ponder and you all to keep in mind, although I like the idea of a Halloween meet up. Could hit up 3 different Halloween parties and partake of F&W at Disney.

Okay, random thoughts this morning. . .lol.

I figured we could do a rotating meet outside of the Disney Area since many of us would be making Disney trips anyways.

I don't see a reason we could maybe do rotating meets and a Disney meet. comparitively, Disney is EXPENSIVE, so I didn't want to exclude people who want to meet up with everyone, but due to one reason or another couldn't coordinate and/or afford a Disney trip at the time of the meet.

As for the October meet idea.... They announced AP room discounts thru December yesterday. :goodvibes:goodvibes I also still have plenty of room at my resort for anyone who wants (free) crash space. ;)

If October is too short of notice, We can always do something during the November trip I have planned. F&W AND the Festival of the Masters! :goodvibes

I figured we could do a rotating meet outside of the Disney Area since many of us would be making Disney trips anyways.

I don't see a reason we could maybe do rotating meets and a Disney meet. comparitively, Disney is EXPENSIVE, so I didn't want to exclude people who want to meet up with everyone, but due to one reason or another couldn't coordinate and/or afford a Disney trip at the time of the meet.

As for the October meet idea.... They announced AP room discounts thru December yesterday. :goodvibes:goodvibes I also still have plenty of room at my resort for anyone who wants (free) crash space. ;)

If October is too short of notice, We can always do something during the November trip I have planned. F&W AND the Festival of the Masters! :goodvibes

I understood about meeting elsewhere. lol. And I realize that Disney is expensive too. There are other things to do here (please don't tell me to bite my tongue, lol) and a few of us usually have cars so not unheard of to be able to get around places. Again, just some random thoughts I was throwing around this morning.

Oh, and one other thing. Those of you going to be here this month, August, that are planning to meet up with me or dismem98, please pm me your dates and a contact number. Or, if you are not comfortable with providing a contact number, just let me know and I will send you mine. Most of the time exchanging cell numbers is the easiest though.

dismem98 will be here from the 10th till she decides to fly home, which has been known to change frequently.

ctnurse - I know you are going to be here. Let me know if you want to meet up.

There are others that I already have numbers for that don't post regularly on this thread.

Can't wait to meet some new faces. . .

I understood about meeting elsewhere. lol. And I realize that Disney is expensive too. There are other things to do here (please don't tell me to bite my tongue, lol) and a few of us usually have cars so not unheard of to be able to get around places. Again, just some random thoughts I was throwing around this morning.

Heck... I'm still debating on if I want to renew my AP's come March. I'm burning all my Timeshare time this year (borrowed from my next set of points), so I'm not sure how much I'll be able to get to Florida next year. Especially since I don't think I can realistically keep the truck running for another year.

:headache:

Heck... I'm still debating on if I want to renew my AP's come March. I'm burning all my Timeshare time this year (borrowed from my next set of points), so I'm not sure how much I'll be able to get to Florida next year. Especially since I don't think I can realistically keep the truck running for another year.

I hear you there. I have to renew my Disney AP this month and I was debating that (sadly). Truth is, I have to. . .lol. Too many things planned from now till the end of the year.

I hear you there. I have to renew my Disney AP this month and I was debating that (sadly). Truth is, I have to. . .lol. Too many things planned from now till the end of the year.

The choice is a bit easier for you. You know you can always just pop over a day during the year, or even for an evening at the Tune Inn.

It's a bit more difficult when you need to factor time off work, flights, and a place to stay.

Hmmmm.... Though I Guess... if I get a new car next year, I can just plan on driving down for some trips instead of flying.

You LIVE there! Of course you have to renew your AP!!!!

:confused3:confused3:confused3

The choice is a bit easier for you. You know you can always just pop over a day during the year, or even for an evening at the Tune Inn.

It's a bit more difficult when you need to factor time off work, flights, and a place to stay.

Hmmmm.... Though I Guess... if I get a new car next year, I can just plan on driving down for some trips instead of flying.

See, I knew you would figure it out. . .lol.

My AP is up for renewal this month also, and I am going to pass for now. The amount I save by renewing now is not worth it as it is two months to my next visit. I will get another when I return. But if I did live there, then I would definately have one. Especially at resident rates!

You LIVE there! Of course you have to renew your AP!!!!
:confused3:confused3:confused3

Yeah, have to agree with this :)

you have to learn to pace yourself, instead of all those trips in one year

good grief, you live next door to WDW, and can make monthly payments on your AP, what's to debate..?? :confused3pirate:

I just renewed my AP and it hurt! I didn't renew the kids' though. Horrible, mean Mama that I am. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter