Singles(& ex-singles who refuse to leave)Social Club: Amazingly, It's still 5o'clock!

I'm not exactly volunteering to be any sort of offical meet planner ... but I'm locked in to be down in WDW 10/23 - 10/31. If the meet ends up happening around that timeframe, I wouldn't have any issues trying to organize some meet-up activities.

I can say although we're months away from F&W, stay the heck away from the World Showcase Friday nights and all of Saturday unless you have tickets for a F&W event. For the folks who have expereinced it, the crowds may look bad, but the food and bathroom lines are even worse!

I can help you if no one else takes on the official role. We can be the co-planners :)

Congrats from both of us, since I usually read and tell Erik. ;). Maybe one day we will end up down there with you? Right now I'm perfectly happy were we are. Tell your beautiful wife hello, and give GusGus a hug from us! :goodvibes

Will do. Plus.... Since we are going to be local, It also means there is a good chance we can meet up at somepoint next time you guys make it to Florida. ;)

I'm not exactly volunteering to be any sort of offical meet planner ... but I'm locked in to be down in WDW 10/23 - 10/31. If the meet ends up happening around that timeframe, I wouldn't have any issues trying to organize some meet-up activities.

I can say although we're months away from F&W, stay the heck away from the World Showcase Friday nights and all of Saturday unless you have tickets for a F&W event. For the folks who have expereinced it, the crowds may look bad, but the food and bathroom lines are even worse!

I can help you if no one else takes on the official role. We can be the co-planners :)

What's this? Do I hear the telltale signs of a "I'll do it!"?? ;)

Do we want to officially name a date for the meet to at least get that up and posted?

What's this? Do I hear the telltale signs of a "I'll do it!"?? ;)

Do we want to officially name a date for the meet to at least get that up and posted?

I think we may need to get a feel of when in late Sept / Oct / early Nov may be the best for folks to get together. I can throw up a poll to at least get folks attention and get an idea of when people may be down. My prerefence would be for a F&W crawl on 10/27 ... as Mondays are typically the best days for F&W, and I'll be down that week. But, I also realize the world does't revolve around me ;) I figure timing should be picked that would work best for all.

I'll atleast throw a poll up to guage interest ...

I'm a diehard F&W nut, and usually hit many of the deminars/tastings, and usually a few of the higher priced ticketed events. What that means is I may not really know my daily schedule until the F&W event schedule and booking and gets underway. I'll post on here what events and demos I plan to check out in case anyone else is interested. I'm really hoping they have the 3D Dessert Party again this year!

Thanks Brocktoon!! DC, what has been typically done in the past?? Somehow my memory things we would have a couple days worth of activities planned. I wouldn't mind planning something. Im going down in Oct for my birthday but don't know that I will still be there on the 27th. Brock, can we look at a date between the 23rd and 26th?? I haven't solidified anything yet so I can be flexible if the 27th is the consensus.

Thanks Brocktoon!! DC, what has been typically done in the past?? Somehow my memory things we would have a couple days worth of activities planned. I wouldn't mind planning something. Im going down in Oct for my birthday but don't know that I will still be there on the 27th. Brock, can we look at a date between the 23rd and 26th?? I haven't solidified anything yet so I can be flexible if the 27th is the consensus.

I think anything is possible right now. For all we know it may work out better for most folks an entirely diffrent week. I just picked a long weekends on the poll, as that's seemed to work well for the locals who have an easier time taking off. You can never make everyone happy, so I think whatever would work out best for the majority. If that's a Friday afternoon, so be it. There's just no way you're getting me near the WS Friday evening or Saturday unless I've got a reserved seat for something. I'd reccomend a F&W crawl either Monday, or Friday afternoon. During the week would probably be just as good, but can the locals make it? Right now I guess it's just when are people interested.

Fear not, there always seems to be other DISers around during Oct, and I've been meeting up with DISers during the week for F&W for the past serveral years, whether I'm down for an official meet or not.

I think the cardinal rule is to not try and overplan anything. In the past I've seen a lot of people say they'll attend, and then not many folks show. And I've seen it the opposite as well.

OK ... F&W meet Poll is up. DC, you may want to link that poll to this thread?

Feel free to post the thread link here. I can't see any reason we should have that on the first post since it's only a temporary thing until an official date gets decided.

(And honestly... I still don't have a lot of DIS time these days, so I'm currently only keeping up on this thread from my email notifications)

Honestly... .Every year is different. I think the only "standard" thing is we try and say 1 day is the "Official" meet, and then we tend to have a few other events and get togethers planned around that day since people will be in town for the big meet and this is just such a fun crowd.

I think anything is possible right now. For all we know it may work out better for most folks an entirely diffrent week. I just picked a long weekends on the poll, as that's seemed to work well for the locals who have an easier time taking off. You can never make everyone happy, so I think whatever would work out best for the majority. If that's a Friday afternoon, so be it. There's just no way you're getting me near the WS Friday evening or Saturday unless I've got a reserved seat for something. I'd reccomend a F&W crawl either Monday, or Friday afternoon. During the week would probably be just as good, but can the locals make it? Right now I guess it's just when are people interested.

Fear not, there always seems to be other DISers around during Oct, and I've been meeting up with DISers during the week for F&W for the past serveral years, whether I'm down for an official meet or not.

I think the cardinal rule is to not try and overplan anything. In the past I've seen a lot of people say they'll attend, and then not many folks show. And I've seen it the opposite as well.

And more importantly... Various other things get in the way of those plans if they are too rigid. People running late, or early. Over-indulgence or the need to relax. Crazy crowds. Soft Openings of new attractions. A great concert or craving to experience a drunken attraction. Even something as simple as running into someone during the meet that you weren't quite expecting to see or run into that day. I think if anything, the one "lesson" we learned early and continue to follow successfully, is keep things loose. Set up a general framework idea of things we are doing, but be VERY open to change and playing things by ear.

Its in part because of this that we usually try and make sure that we exchange contact info so people can meet up outside of the old fashioned "Meet at the flagpole at noon" type of meets.

I stumbled across this image today and thought I'd share with the group here considering our history of long discussions about shoes.

1604634_10152574430943032_1811613216_n.jpg

Hello from the South Rim of the Grand Canyon!
1524637_10151912505867271_2145085794_n.jpg

Haven't had a whole lot of free time since we got here but I've been keeping track of things through my email. It's definitely looking like us going to WDW in November is a very good possibility. :cool1::dance3: I don't think we'll be able to make it at the end of October but we'll see what happens as we get closer to it. DW and I are loving it up here and the money is really good so far and we're not even into the busy season yet! haha. We're hoping to save up a good bit of money this summer and get some things paid off and finally do our honeymoon this fall(over2 years late but better than never! haha). Hope everyone is doing well!

I have not seen one nor used one, but I officially approve of Magic BAnds now that I can get this

223067297.jpg

That is totally YOU! Love it!!

LOl, they have another pirate one, but since this one has calico Jack which I have on my car, it was an easy choice, Now I just have to remember where I put it, once I get a magic band..LOL

Well I officially have reservations for October 22-26th. Yay! Its been a crazy 2013 and definitely need some relaxation! Since its a solo trip I am thinking of some lectures or perhaps a tour. Brocktoon I know you've done several of the f&w lectures...do they change every year? Is there one that you recommend? I really haven't 'done' f&w. Last time I was there a half a day and we hit a couple of the kiosks.

Hi all, I have been away for a bit, what have I missed? I see a meet is planned, I need to get up to speed, the last one I attended was great!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter