Signs of inflation

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw the little applesauces on sale 2 for $7 and literally didn’t know if that was a good price anymore with how fast inflation is going. I had to price check it with it other retailers on my phone (in CA but even still it was not good price).

The inflation has seeped into every level of the budget :(

Home owners insurance just went up $1,000 and I live in chicago suburbs
:crazy2:

mine does not renew until december so we shall see.

otherwise-i have only to look at the amounts i'm paying this summer/fall for stuff we have done every year to see they've gone up allot. weed abatement/pest service/generator maintainance...up, up and up.

on groceries:crazy2::crazy2::crazy2::crazy2::crazy2: i have caught a few very good sales lately and stocked up the freezer and the pantry but it general i don't know how families in general are getting by b/c even the stuff i used to buy to make from scratch and cut corners when i had 2 growing kids has gone up excessivly.

Homeowner's over $10,000 and auto insurance just went to $6000 per year for 3 non-fancy cars. I live near Orlando. Insurance is crazy high here. Just paid $75 for 4 take-out pad thais. Inflation hurts a lot. I used to buy whatever groceries I needed. Now I try to shop mostly at Aldi's. Only buy meat on sale. Avoid name-brand items as much as possible. Try to buy things that are on sales only. We've been cutting costs wherever we can. Even weaned the cats off their prescription food diets. On paper, we probably appear to be upper-middle class and we're struggling. I have no idea how people making less income are surviving. I feel like so many things costs almost double what they did when we moved here 5 years ago.

Homeowner's over $10,000 and auto insurance just went to $6000 per year for 3 non-fancy cars. I live near Orlando. Insurance is crazy high here. Just paid $75 for 4 take-out pad thais. Inflation hurts a lot. I used to buy whatever groceries I needed. Now I try to shop mostly at Aldi's. Only buy meat on sale. Avoid name-brand items as much as possible. Try to buy things that are on sales only. We've been cutting costs wherever we can. Even weaned the cats off their prescription food diets. On paper, we probably appear to be upper-middle class and we're struggling. I have no idea how people making less income are surviving. I feel like so many things costs almost double what they did when we moved here 5 years ago.
I assume the high insurance costs are due to the hurricanes?

Our auto insurance in WA is $1,200 mo for 1 luxury car, 5 non-fancy cars and 1 oldie with just liability. Never goes down.
The cost of living in WA, King County is out of whack. I just paid over $17 with tax for a teriyaki chicken lunch in the blue collar area of Seattle. Go to the grocery store and walk out with 2 bags of basic stuff and you are looking at $100

Note- the other cars belong to your DD's, 24, 21 and DS,18 who can't afford to move out on their own because of the soaring rental costs. Sigh

I use a zero based budgeting system and have for years, so I can look back and see exactly what I was paying in the last 5 or 6 years.

There is not a single category in my budget that hasn’t increased in the last year, and most of them significantly.

Mortgages will be the biggest increase in Canada. Our is up for renewal in February and it’s looking to be about $600 more per month due to the higher interest rates ( we don’t lock in for 30 years here like in the USA) .

It's nuts to see the prices of snacks - like when I pack lunches for the littles. I am always talking out loud in the grocery store. "You want 8 bucks for fruit snacks!" Even just pretzels. It's crazy.

For 4 people, $100 doesn't get you meat, milk, basics like that. $100 gets you a pop in when you forget a few things. But hey, at least my eggs are more reasonable! 😩

Our auto doubled for one decent newer vehicle and a beater for getting to work and back. No accidents, just inflation.

Not looking forward to seeing what our homeowners does in December. It went up about 30% on our last renewal with no claims.

I use a zero based budgeting system and have for years, so I can look back and see exactly what I was paying in the last 5 or 6 years.

There is not a single category in my budget that hasn’t increased in the last year, and most of them significantly.

Mortgages will be the biggest increase in Canada. Our is up for renewal in February and it’s looking to be about $600 more per month due to the higher interest rates ( we don’t lock in for 30 years here like in the USA) .
The 30yr thing is very special to the US. My mind was blown when I found that’s not how like anybody else does it. I cannot imagine facing that on top of the inflation of everything else.

It's nuts to see the prices of snacks - like when I pack lunches for the littles. I am always talking out loud in the grocery store. "You want 8 bucks for fruit snacks!" Even just pretzels. It's crazy.

this is historically my time of year to stock up on individually packaged snacks. i get those big boxes of fruit treats, rice krispy treats, chocolate covered (and plain) pretzles, cheesy puffs...that are marketed for trick or treat. my kids were taking halloween themed snack stuffs for months. no kids in school any more but i still get the big boxes of the smallest size bags of chips, gold fish crackers and such from costco and bj's (on-line). i get a much better break on a 50 or 60 pack box than the 10 packs at the brick and mortar stores.

What % is the increase on homeowners? I'm in Virginia and we have a crazy affordable option (Mutual Assurance Society of Virginia). I pay less than 0.1% of my house's replacement cost annually. And yikes and adjustable rate mortgages.

For 4 people, $100 doesn't get you meat, milk, basics like that. $100 gets you a pop in when you forget a few things. But hey, at least my eggs are more reasonable! 😩
I feel you on the $100. My wife and I like to play who can get the closest to $100 without going over when either of us go to the store. So far no one has won o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter