Shuttergirl taking on the US hehe - NOW WITH some PHOTOS See Post 1 for links

Bummer about the tickets! What a shame to have that drama on the last full day. But at least it was all sorted out.

I'm glad that you went back to HS to "give IT a chance to love YOU" :lmao:. And reading what you've experience, if you still don't like the park, then at least you'll know it wasn't from NOT seeing the shows.

And congratulations on being the family TSM champion. You'll be able to rule that ride until you head back to WDW (or DLR) :thumbsup2.
Next time, you'll have to eat at Chefs. It was one of our best meals in May.

Safe travels tomorrow. And I'm still looking forward to your photos.

Thanks Ms Shuttergirl for a terrific live report. I have really enjoyed reading about your adventure in WDW. Hope you have a safe and easy trip home. :goodvibes

Thanks for sharing your family holiday Shuttergirl! Your trip report has been great and I have really enjoyed reading it. Have a great trip home! :goodvibes

We have LOVED LOVED coming along with you on your trip. Thank you for taking the time to write such beautifully detailed reports. You're making me so excited about my trip as well as providing helpful little bits of info. I'm so sorry to hear about the drama with the tickets. That would have stressed and frustrated me to no end as well.

I hope you have a safe and uneventful flight home. Can't wait to see all the photos!

Thank you Ms Shuttergirl for sharing your trip - DH, DD, and I have enjoyed reading every installment. We may be doing a similar trip this time next year - NY then Disney.

Can't wait for the photos. Safe and easy travels home.

I'm typing this from LAX as we wait to board our international flight to Sydney. It's 9pm LA time, 12 midnight to us on Orlando time and we have already had a pretty long day.

We were up bright and early to finish off the packing, rang bell services who came promptly this time, they must have my photo up on the wall at Pop Bell Services as the crazy lady after causing a fuss when we checked in :rotfl2: We then caught a cab over to Animal Kingdom Lodge as we had a breakfast ADR at Boma. The main reason for this breakfast was to check out the AKL as it was my second choice for our deluxe accom and I was excited to see all of the theming. It was so busy when we got there, people everywhere but as soon as we walked straight through to the savannah out the back all was quiet and lovely. Only boring animals in that savannah, they must save the good animals for the people who pay more for their rooms:lmao:. Or maybe they were just hiding from the crazy aussies.

Boma was packed to the rafters, loud and boisterous and well decked out. The food was really nice and I can back up Aussietravellers claims to the ham being great (although not as good as my DH's one but a close second). Our server was run off her feet, she had a huge area that she was covering and it showed in her lack of attention to us. Not her fault but they should staff it up a bit better.

We then caught the bus over to AK to spend a few hours. We mainly just wandered around and then had to make a choice whether we did a ride or a show because the park was busy and lines were long. We chose a show. FotLK was our first choice but the next show didn't start until too late for us so we went and saw Nemo again. My camera is broken so I was able to just sit and watch this time and again I was impressed with how they have brought this story to the stage. The props and stage pieces are so beautifully done, I could just stare at all of that detail alone. Even my husband who is not easily impressed when it comes to Disney and stage shows felt it was excellent. I can only imagine what little 3 and 4 year olds would say if they saw it. It would be amazing to them.

We then headed back to POP, the kids played a few arcade games and then we headed to collect our luggage and caught our Magical Express bus to the airport. Our flight wasn't until 5.30pm but they insisted on picking us up at 1.45 so we were dreading the long wait ahead but the airport was SOOOOOOOO busy, by the time we checked all of our luggage in (with their crazy new self service system that is a bit tough to do on your own when you are checking baggage all the way through to Australia) with some assistance from a staff member, then we grabbed a quick bite to eat so we had the energy to face the security lines, we did not have to wait long at all. OMG, security was mental. There seriously has to be a better way. I am not joking when I say thousands of people were trying to get through, haha. It's organised chaos I guess and the staff see it all the time but it was a bit stressful until we got through the other side. We all breathed a sigh of relief.

The flight was good, but felt long which doesn't bode well since that is the shorter flight haha. Another 15 hours to go to Sydney, then another 3 hour wait and then on to Canberra. Ugh..

Just a heads up for those who are doing the trip for the first time and who will fly domestically when in the US. Get on the plane as quickly as you can because the amount of carry on luggage the Americans try to take is INSANE and the overhead compartments fill up very very quickly. If you want to have your luggage anywhere near you on the plane,make sure you don't dilly dally when they call your section. We learned that very quickly last year and I thought of it today and thought it may come in handy for a first timer.

Our flight leaves in around 1 1/2hours which isn't long at all but we are keen to get on the plane and get some sleep.

We are now all excited to get home and I must admit to being giddy about that first night and morning, not to have to get up and be anywhere at a certain time :rotfl2:.

Awww, how sad that your trip is coming to a close! Glad you got to ride TSM though - AND get the highest score in your family :D

It sounds like you had a truly wonderful time. Have a safe trip home.

Yes it goes all too quick these trips we plan for months and months but I am ready to go home now.

Have a safe trip home. I am glad you are feeling relaxed and have done everything you wanted to do.

I have really enjoyed your trip report. Thanks for taking the time to write it.

Glad you enjoyed reading along, thanks for following me.

Oh no about the tickets! The thing is they are often so painfully slow at sorting things out and they can't seem to think outside the box. We have found that anyway with many things. Great they got it all sorted in the end though :thumbsup2 What a relief!

SO glad you got to go on TSM after all. :scared1::scared1::scared1: to the 170 hour wait time. There is no way on this earth I would wait that long. To be honest I don't know that I would wait an hour, let alone three :eek: I can't believe there are people who would wait that long, wow

Glad you enjoyed 50's Prime Time. You are very very lucky to have had that 10 minute wait. We went last week for lunch and had about 35 minute wait and then for dinner, we had a 45 to 55 minute wait, it was so long we were about to leave when they called our name (can't remember now, but it was a blooming long time!)

Shame you missed chefs des france. We have eaten there twice now and both times have been one of the best meals we've had at WDW. You can go next time :thumbsup2

Have a great trip home tomorrow!

Yes Chef De France was a shame but our bellies were still so full from 50's Prime Time Cafe, we couldn't even eat.

Bummer about the tickets! What a shame to have that drama on the last full day. But at least it was all sorted out.

I'm glad that you went back to HS to "give IT a chance to love YOU" :lmao:. And reading what you've experience, if you still don't like the park, then at least you'll know it wasn't from NOT seeing the shows.

And congratulations on being the family TSM champion. You'll be able to rule that ride until you head back to WDW (or DLR) :thumbsup2.
Next time, you'll have to eat at Chefs. It was one of our best meals in May.

Safe travels tomorrow. And I'm still looking forward to your photos.

PIO, you will be pleased to know that we enjoyed our additonal time at HS and thought the Indy show was excellent. And of course TSM was a highlight.

Thanks Ms Shuttergirl for a terrific live report. I have really enjoyed reading about your adventure in WDW. Hope you have a safe and easy trip home. :goodvibes

Thanks for reading along with me.

Thanks for sharing your family holiday Shuttergirl! Your trip report has been great and I have really enjoyed reading it. Have a great trip home! :goodvibes

Thank you

We have LOVED LOVED coming along with you on your trip. Thank you for taking the time to write such beautifully detailed reports. You're making me so excited about my trip as well as providing helpful little bits of info. I'm so sorry to hear about the drama with the tickets. That would have stressed and frustrated me to no end as well.

I hope you have a safe and uneventful flight home. Can't wait to see all the photos!

Well your trip will be a very exciting adventure for all of us to follow. I promise to share photos soon.

Thank you Ms Shuttergirl for sharing your trip - DH, DD, and I have enjoyed reading every installment. We may be doing a similar trip this time next year - NY then Disney.

Can't wait for the photos. Safe and easy travels home.

Thanks Kylie, we hope everything goes smoothly with our trip home too. Can't wait to hear more about your upcoming trip.

Looking forward to having you and your 10,000 photos home safely. Settle in, upload your photos so you can share with us :teeth:

princess::upsidedow

I have loved reading your journey, thanks so much for sharing as you went on your holiday and have a safe trip home. Hope its not too horrendous!

Thanks so much for taking time out to update us on your holiday. Thoroughly enjoyed "travelling" with you. Have a safe flight home.

You'll be on the plane now and we are still here in Orlando about to head to Discovery Cove for the day.

I hope that you had a great and safe flight(s) home. You will be absolutely exhausted I am sure, hopefully you will all have had some sleep on the plane.

It's a shame that Boma was so busy, we have been 4 times now this trip for breakfast and it hasn't even been half full every time. We did have one not so great server though but the food made up for that. It's a long weekend here too so maybe that made it more crazy than usual. We have avoided the parks this weekend, the traffic last night as we were driving back from shopping was crazy, just so busy, we were late for Spirit of Aloha!

Anyway I have really enjoyed reading along and following your trip report, particularly being here at the same time. Really looking forward to your awesome photos!

We want to say thanks as well! We have been back from our trip for 3 weeks now & I am just in awe that you find time & energy to do all this detail for us. We have had our photos developed & I can't even motivate myself to sort those out at the moment!

Welcome home,

Once again thank you for taking the time out of your holidays to let us all travel with you in spirit. Rest up, hope any jetlag is not too bad.

Before you know it you will be planning your next trip:rotfl2:

Whew, we are home. The trip was uneventful and smooth, very long of course but that is just the price you have to pay to hang out with the "main mouse" right :rotfl2:. We are so tired but happy to be home. I hate unpacking but it's all done and we are now trying to get through the afternoon and early evening so we can crash into our own heavenly beds and sleep until we have our fill. You just know I'll be up at 3am wide awake, but at least I can jump on the DIS :rotfl:

Looking forward to having you and your 10,000 photos home safely. Settle in, upload your photos so you can share with us :teeth:
princess::upsidedow

I need to narrow down the photos that are good, then edit them, then I can share. Hmmm, when will I have time to do this I ask :rotfl2:

I have loved reading your journey, thanks so much for sharing as you went on your holiday and have a safe trip home. Hope its not too horrendous!
Thank you for reading along. And the good news is the trip was fine, not too bad at all.

Another one who has loved hearing about your holiday. Have a great flight home.

Thanks Mum from Oz

Have a safe flight home

Thanks Darren.

Thanks so much for taking time out to update us on your holiday. Thoroughly enjoyed "travelling" with you. Have a safe flight home.
Glad you enjoyed the ride

You'll be on the plane now and we are still here in Orlando about to head to Discovery Cove for the day.

I hope that you had a great and safe flight(s) home. You will be absolutely exhausted I am sure, hopefully you will all have had some sleep on the plane.

It's a shame that Boma was so busy, we have been 4 times now this trip for breakfast and it hasn't even been half full every time. We did have one not so great server though but the food made up for that. It's a long weekend here too so maybe that made it more crazy than usual. We have avoided the parks this weekend, the traffic last night as we were driving back from shopping was crazy, just so busy, we were late for Spirit of Aloha!

Anyway I have really enjoyed reading along and following your trip report, particularly being here at the same time. Really looking forward to your awesome photos!

You know, I think you have something there with the "long weekend" thing. We just assumed it was because it was a Saturday. We still enjoyed it, don't get me wrong. It was more just an observation.

How many more days do you have to go? My husband and I were discussing it and we felt our 11 days was just right but you put us to shame with your 22 days :lmao:

It's a shame I didn't see you wandering around Epcot or one of the other parks.

We want to say thanks as well! We have been back from our trip for 3 weeks now & I am just in awe that you find time & energy to do all this detail for us. We have had our photos developed & I can't even motivate myself to sort those out at the moment!

I'm glad I could help you get over the post holiday blues by reading along. You should totally get started on organising your photos over the weekend.

Welcome home,

Once again thank you for taking the time out of your holidays to let us all travel with you in spirit. Rest up, hope any jetlag is not too bad.

Before you know it you will be planning your next trip:rotfl2:

Thank you, I'm hoping the jetlag isn't too bad this time around.

Oh Ms Shuttergirl, you are home!! :banana: Welcome back and it must be so lovely to be back in your own bed after all that plane travel back to Canberra. We will have a similar length of journey back next year I think: Orlando - L.A. - Auckland - Wellington. I have so enjoyed reading your live trip report and will look forward to seeing the photos when you get around to the massive job of sorting them out - I'm sure you have more pressing things to do than that at the moment! Good luck settling back into real life again - that's a great start to have all your unpacking done already ! :cool1:

welcome back! Glad to see you safely home and unpacked.

Patiently waiting for you to find time to do your photos.....:lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter