Shuttergirl taking on the US hehe - NOW WITH some PHOTOS See Post 1 for links

It's taken me days to catch up on your trip report and I really wish I had multi-quoted as there is so much that I wanted to comment on!

First for NYC - I'm so glad that you braved the subway, I told you it was easy! And I'm glad that you had so much fun at the Yankees game. Your DH said we would enjoy it and he was right, it was such a great day!

It sounds like you really enjoyed your time at WDW too despite the few hiccups.

I'm sorry that your DD didn't enjoy Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey. It was our favourite ride of the whole trip so I guess I thought everyone would love it.:confused3 We are thrill ride lovers though, so a little different to your fraidy family :lmao:.

aussietravellers trip report has me considering AKL next time, but after reading yours, I'm liking the sounds of WL! Decisions, decisions!!

Your lunch at Teppan Edo sounds really fun! I wouldn't even consider eating somewhere like that because of my fussy eaters, but your story gives me hope that we might be able to eat somewhere like that one day! It's a shame that you missed out on Biergarten as we really loved it there, but it will be there next time!

I know there was more that I wanted to comment on but I've forgotten :confused3. Can't wait to see your photos!

It's taken me days to catch up on your trip report and I really wish I had multi-quoted as there is so much that I wanted to comment on!

First for NYC - I'm so glad that you braved the subway, I told you it was easy! And I'm glad that you had so much fun at the Yankees game. Your DH said we would enjoy it and he was right, it was such a great day!

It sounds like you really enjoyed your time at WDW too despite the few hiccups.

I'm sorry that your DD didn't enjoy Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey. It was our favourite ride of the whole trip so I guess I thought everyone would love it.:confused3 We are thrill ride lovers though, so a little different to your fraidy family :lmao:.

aussietravellers trip report has me considering AKL next time, but after reading yours, I'm liking the sounds of WL! Decisions, decisions!!

Your lunch at Teppan Edo sounds really fun! I wouldn't even consider eating somewhere like that because of my fussy eaters, but your story gives me hope that we might be able to eat somewhere like that one day! It's a shame that you missed out on Biergarten as we really loved it there, but it will be there next time!

I know there was more that I wanted to comment on but I've forgotten :confused3. Can't wait to see your photos!

The baseball was just awesome and DH is completely hooked. He has had the Yankees on the tele now for 3 hours, he just loves it.

Yeah, the Harry Potter ride really shook her up. I wish I had've gone on it though so I knew what everyone was talking about.

Wilderness Lodge - well it was simply heaven. I know aussietravellers and I will be say try our preferred resort, :rotfl2:, she AKL and me WL but you really can't go wrong with either to be honest. I just preferred the theming of WL more for my family.

Definitely try Teppan Edo next time, if my son ate there, any kid could :rotfl:.

Wilderness Lodge - well it was simply heaven. I know aussietravellers and I will be say try our preferred resort, :rotfl2:, she AKL and me WL but you really can't go wrong with either to be honest. I just preferred the theming of WL more for my family.

Definitely try Teppan Edo next time, if my son ate there, any kid could :rotfl:.

I have to agree, I don't think you could go wrong with either resort. The same person designed both and are both awesome resorts. I would like to try WL, but with my DS and his love of animals I know AKL will always have to be on our itinerary.

I second Teppan Edo, it was an awesome meal and such good food. I'm not up to Teppan Edo on my TR yet, but will get there, one day :rotfl:

Okay okay, I have some images ready to share but I don't know whether to just add them here at the end without any commentary, or whether to go back and add them to the end of each day's post?

What do you think?

Can't wait to see your photos :banana:

I am going to go back to add the photos to my report's then do a post with links to that actual reports post so people can find it easily.

But I think either or, which ever you prefer. I think everybody is going to be so excited to see your photos they won't mind where you put them. Your photos are going to put mine to shame :rotfl2:

Okay everyone. I have gone back and added the photos into the Day by Day posts. See Post 1 for links to each day to make life easier for you.

Enjoy!

I haven't finished yet....but I raced back here to say that your view at WL is AMAZING! No wonder you raved about it.!!

ps. I'm sure you'll pick it up sooner or later but in Day 5, you have a picture of WL before the dinosaur in NYC.

I haven't finished yet....but I raced back here to say that your view at WL is AMAZING! No wonder you raved about it.!!

ps. I'm sure you'll pick it up sooner or later but in Day 5, you have a picture of WL before the dinosaur in NYC.

I know PIO, the view was truly awesome. After such a terrible day getting to WDW, it was almost worth it when I saw the view.

Thanks for the heads up about Day 5, I have fixed it.

You've got some fab shots there! Your family looked like they were having a fantastic time.....and so did you! Thanks for sharing.

I have to ask - What were your settings for the Nemo and FoTLK shows; and the fireworks? Did you use a tripod for the fireworks?

Thanks for updating the photos. DD, DH & I have a few pages to go, and we're enjoying the pics very much.:banana:

You've got some fab shots there! Your family looked like they were having a fantastic time.....and so did you! Thanks for sharing.

I have to ask - What were your settings for the Nemo and FoTLK shows; and the fireworks? Did you use a tripod for the fireworks?

Settings, hmmmm. I had the ISO at the highest the camera I had with me would go, 1600 I think. I had the aperture opened up to 4.5 for the shows because I was using my zoom and something like 8 for the fireworks. I think. I didn't use a tripod for the fireworks. I just braced myself on the railing at the Tomorrowland Terrace and hoped for the best. I have seen some amazing fireworks shots here on the DIS and know that mine aren't some of them :rotfl2: but these came out alright in the end. I would love to have more time there and go by myself and yeah but never gonna happen.

Thanks for updating the photos. DD, DH & I have a few pages to go, and we're enjoying the pics very much.:banana:

Glad you are enjoying reading along with me Kylie. Thanks for your interest.

I love your photos. They bring back so many memories of our trip last year. I agree that the view at WL is amazing. Love the fireworks shots too. Mine were a disaster.

Oh Awesome photos Ms.Shuttergirl!

Somebody was clever to wear a poncho on Kali river rapids :rotfl2: I was not so clever!!!

The necklace your DD had the pearl set in was absolutely divine! How clever to get that before you went. I had a look at the settings and there wasn't any thing as cute as that available!

I cracked up at how wet your family was after the water ride at Universal :rotfl:

Oh that photo of how the mousekeeper had set up the chipmunks was SO cute! Just gorgeous.

Fabulous photos! Fabulous trip report! Sorry it's over :sad1:

Loving the photos Ms.Shuttergirl. Can you tell me how you do it, I can download to facebook but for the life of me can't do it here? I am a little computer dumb as you can see. Your family is beautiful, it is nice to but a face to your name. Its funny I imagined you to have red hair just because your profile pic is of ariel......

Wow!! Love the pics, but I'm not surprised. I was expecting them to be nothing less then spectacular and I'm not disappointed :).

I'm so glad that your DD got to meet Mary Poppins! :love:

Loved the Yankees pics, nice to see a different perspective seeming as the game we went to was during the day. Don't know if you've seen my pics, but I've got a pic of my family in the exact same spot outside Yankee Stadium!

WL looks amazing! And I love your view!!

Loving the photos Ms.Shuttergirl. Can you tell me how you do it, I can download to facebook but for the life of me can't do it here? I am a little computer dumb as you can see. Your family is beautiful, it is nice to but a face to your name. Its funny I imagined you to have red hair just because your profile pic is of ariel......

Kyl, to post photos you need to set up an account with photobucket
( www.photobucket.com ) it's free. Then you upload your photos to that, which is very easy, you just click on the big green upload button. Once the photos have uploaded, when you run your curser over the photos it will bring up a list of codes, just highlight and copy the IMG code. Then you go to your disboards post and in the body of the message (where you want the photo to appear) paste the img code, the link wording will appear in your message, but when you click "submit reply" to post your reply the image will appear in your post, not the code. I was really nervous when I first did it, but it's quite easy and I am not a computer literate person trust me :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter