Shooting after Super Bowl Parade

Just a note, that took place in San Diego, but was at Cleveland Elementary School.

Yes, "I Don't Like Mondays" by the Boomtown Rats.
Thanks! I was a senior in HS in 1979 in Cleveland and was thinking I would have remembered that...

But more than two people were shot - they just weren't killed. That seems like a strange distinction considering the incident had all the hallmarks of a mass shooting. Not that it matters at all or makes it less horrific. It is rare to see female shooters, but it has happened.

I think the distinctions are becoming blurred nowadays in the media and socially. :teleport:

But, I've noticed the news stations I watch, in the last day, are no longer really calling the shooting in KC a "mass shooting," now that it is known it was allegedly a "dispute" between two people. The news have changed from calling it a "mass shooting" (generally) considered to be by a lone gunman INTENT on shooting as many people as he can, to just calling it "the KC Parade shooting."

On a more positive note and bringing this thread back to the victims, Taylor Swift made 2 donations to the family of the Lisa Lopez-Galvan, the woman who died in the KC shooting.

"A GoFundMe page set up for the family of Lisa Lopez-Galvan, the woman killed in a mass shooting at the Kansas City Chiefs’ victory parade, has caught the attention of Taylor Swift, who made donations on the page totaling $100,000 early Friday morning.​
The “Elizabeth Lopez-Galvan Memorial” page was set up Thursday afternoon, with a goal of raising $75,000 for the family of the 44-year-old shooting victim. Around 1,300 people had made donations when Swift pushed the total beyond the goal in the wee hours of Friday morning, first making a donation of $50,000 and then making a second donation in the same amount eight minutes later.​
“Sending my deepest sympathies and condolences in the wake of your devastating loss. With love, Taylor Swift,” wrote the singer.​
While that counted as in the middle of the night in U.S. time zones, it was early evening for where Swift is in the world at present, in Melbourne, Australia, where she is playing the first night of a three-night engagement there, after traveling halfway around the world to resume her tour after attending the Super Bowl. The donations were made around showtime in Australia.​
Swift’s rep confirmed to Variety that the donations by the singer appearing on the page were legit.​
“This fund has been set up to benefit the family of Lisa Lopez-Galvan,” reads the GoFundMe page’s text. “Lisa was celebrating the Chiefs’ Super Bowl Victory parade when senselessly killed. She is survived by two children and her husband of 22 years. She was an amazing mother, wife, daughter, sister, aunt, cousin, and friend to so many. We ask that you continue to keep her family in your prayers as we grieve the loss of her life. This fund will help provide vital financial support to her family as they process this unthinkable tragedy. Any amount is appreciated.”​

Also Patrick Mahomes and his wife Brittany, Travis Kelse and possibly other KC Chiefs team members visited some of the victims in the hospital. Many of the victims are children.

In YOUR opinion, what difference have thoughts and prayers made? Because they sure haven't stopped them.
Not the ones that we hear about. How do YOU know they haven’t stopped others? I have faith. Don’t have to agree with me at all. I don’t care. But thatt is what I believe.

Two more people were charged.

An 18 year old and a 23 year old. Their names have been released obviously but it's not important to mention. They appear to be the ones found to be the main people. They are looking at everyone who was involved and advised at the moment they intend to do what they can to hold them accountable so more people could be charged.

The two ones mentioned were charged with "second-degree murder, two counts of armed criminal action and unlawful use of a weapon."

Per the information I saw said the 23 yr old "got in an argument with someone else after the rally. Evidence so far doesn’t show any previous contact or prior knowledge between these two people. The argument escalated quickly and (the 23 yr old) allegedly pulled out a handgun. Almost immediately, prosecutors say others, including (the 18 year old) pulled out guns and started shooting."

It was the 18 yr old's gun who killed the woman from what prosecutors have said.

Both the 18 yr old and the 23 yr old were injured during the shootings. Both are held under a $1 million bond.

The two minors, previously mentioned, have not yet been tried as adults and information is still limited about it but they did have guns on them when they went to the rally.

A man arrested and later released was alcohol-related and had nothing to do with the incident and now has publicly come out to try and clear his name since it was caught on video.

Another man was charged with picking up a gun involved in the shooting (not sure if was actually used but it dropped out during the argument onto the ground) but he was charged because he has a felony from 2016 due to weed distribution and thus legally could not handle the gun---the optics given the circumstances are a tad iffy as there's no indication he had any intents, it was chaos, it was picked up very quickly after it fell out etc but it is clear he was also drinking too and admitted under normal circumstances he would not have physically picked up the gun but rather alerted the police. He's being held on a $25K bond. On the other hand it would have been very important even if the gun wasn't actually involved in the shooting to have that gun with respects to an investigation especially if it was found to have been used in other crimes so I understand looking at it from that perspective of taking evidence.

In a more positive light there's been a lot of KC Strong stuff going on from donations of money to a fund set up by the Chiefs and United way as well as donating blood. Charlie Hustle (a local but very well-known KC logo clothing company) did a shirt and donated the proceeds of the sales of the shirt to the Fund set up and that shirt raised $50K in under 24 hours. I'm sure they are not the only company to do this. We here in KC love local merch. The NFL, the Hunt Family and the Chiefs have also donated to it. So far it's at $862K.

Big updates for those who still want to follow with the case.

https://fox4kc.com/news/chiefs-para...arges-from-chiefs-super-bowl-parade-shooting/

In the article it mentions that 12 people pulled out guns, and at least 6 of them fired their guns. And to refresh this was considered an argument started with people who are not known to have any prior contact with each other. If you live here and you pay attention to the news this is not surprising (a dispute that turns deadly). These types of things are commonplace sadly here though highly concentrated in certain parts of the metro.

It would appear they are essentially going after some suppliers of guns (individuals not businesses).

A 22, 21 and 19 yr old are being charged separate from the parade shooting but connected to it. All three of the individuals were not with the shooters at the parade and rally.

The 22 yr old "has illegally trafficked dozens of firearms. Law enforcement found 15 of the firearms (he) purchased in the possession of someone who is prohibited from having one, according to prosecutors. Officials say they have also recovered other firearms that (he) purchased in connection to other crimes."

He has been charged with the following:

• One count of conspiracy to traffic firearms
  • One count of engaging in firearm sales without a license
  • Ten counts of making a false statement on a federal form"

The 21 yr old purchased one of the guns found at the parade shooting at a gun show last year. He purchased it for the 19 yr old (who was not old enough to purchase it). Both the 21 and 19 yr old have been charged with

• One count of conspiracy to make false statements in the acquisition of firearms
  • One count of aiding and abetting making false statements in the acquisition of firearms
  • One count each of making a false statement to a federal agent
The two juveniles previously charged have not yet been charged as adults so limited information is known.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter