Shoe wearin' in the parks

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to tell you, I love being barefoot. I only wear shoes when absolutely necessary...so last June at Epcot, my feet were killing me. I had my most comfortable pair of Teva's on and they were just not working. We went to Mexico and I immediately took them off. I walked around the entire pavilion- and the ride- without my shoes on. It was freaking glorious! No one said anything to me and nothing happened to my feet. However, came back outside withTeva's still in my hands and proceeded to walk towards Norway. Got as far as the margarita kiosk before I had to put them back on. Holy ****, my feet were on fire! I had only been without them for maybe 50 feet before I couldn't take it anymore.

Moral of the story, take them off if your inside, wear them outside if your going in the summer!!

So as someone who goes barefoot habitually and who has studied this, there are no laws that prevent one from going in an establishment barefoot. Yes, an establishment can limit that right, but there are no laws (cite something and prove me wrong). Moreover, why is it less sanitary for you to carry the germs into a restaurant on your shoes vs my soles? There is no difference. Finally, if you're getting your feet cut off in doors, you need to pay better attention.

PS- what kind of goop is on the ground at WDW that is so unsafe to step on? No pets allowed.

As I stated, dining establishments in the US require shoes. True, there are beach establishments that don't care but it is on a restaurant by restaurant basis. All Disney World restaurants require shoes as do the parks I never said there was a law and I am not going to get into semantics about it. I said "require" shoes.

And as far as my getting my feet cut off in doors, I didn't say that either. I said they can be caught in doors and by that I meant sliding doors can close quickly but that's another moot point since you have stated your opinion and have been told about wearing shoes at Disney World but it seems like you don't want to wear them while there. That's fine with me - see what you can and cannot do. I personally do not like this time of year when flip flops and sandals are everywhere. I am not a bare foot person at all. But, I live with it because others do like it. So, while at Disney World, live with what they require and do whatever you want at home. Jeez, the question was first asked, I answered and got a sermon.

I'm sorry, but you didn't answer my question. It was kindly answered nearly a day before you chimed in and launched the first "sermon" telling me that shoes are required in "every" eating establishment in the u.s. This is, of course, not true, but who cares. The person who simply said "shoes are required" answered my question factually without adding their two cents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter