Sharing Credits: Disney says NO

Yes. The only thing I would make sure of is doing it if you're renting the points.
Thank you but I don't understand what you mean by this. I wouldn't be renting points just using my own points. If this allowable, it would be worth it to have the 2 adults not on the reservation to take the Mears shuttle or maybe even rent a car.I am astounded by this . We have been to WDW well over 60 times and have never heard of anyone doing this. I feel like it's too good to be true!

Bumping an old thread - but just wanted to comment that I had thought of doing this - just get 3 DXDDP for the 4 of us to share. We have NE passes so are getting a ticketless package. My TA pointed out that this could cause issues with EMH access for the 4th person not registered to the room. She is going down to WDW next week and is going to check into that for me. At worst, I figure I will just pay for 4 plans so I can make sure my son also has EMH access.
The rules are everyone staying be on the reservation and everyone on the reservation get the DP. It would be dishonest to purposefully leave someone off for the purpose of bypassing the rules in place.

Am I understanding this correctly? We are DVC members. Can I book a 2 bedroom villa for 4 adults, add DDP, and then add 2 adults at check in? I know we wouldn't get DDP or ME for the 2 adults added at check in, but that would work perfectly as 2 of the adults are older and can't eat as much food as the DDP provides.
Historically it was possible but now they'd have to cancel and rebook the room to add others at check in. That creates risk to losing the reservation and messing up ones points. Personally I wish they would add in some flexibility for DVC along the lines they did later in the days of the food n fun card and it's replacements. DVC is somewhat unique in that to have some come and go is more likely than cash stays and the larger rooms means there are often more people that are in play.

The folks who aren't on the reservation won't be able to ride the Magical Express. If you're driving, that's not a big deal.

i called disney about this scenario.. i said if i booked the room at Poly, standard room, and wanted my dad and his girlfriend to come join us later in the week. they said that is fine and that they could get on the magical express and said they would just have to tell the front desk when they came in. I thought that was a bit nice on their part to take 2 people's word that they are joining in the reservation.. i doubt at the magical express check in that you could just say that and have no documents with you. however, that is what the cm told me. my dad decided not to join us so it never happened anyways.

i called disney about this scenario.. i said if i booked the room at Poly, standard room, and wanted my dad and his girlfriend to come join us later in the week. they said that is fine and that they could get on the magical express and said they would just have to tell the front desk when they came in. I thought that was a bit nice on their part to take 2 people's word that they are joining in the reservation.. i doubt at the magical express check in that you could just say that and have no documents with you. however, that is what the cm told me. my dad decided not to join us so it never happened anyways.
Nope. Don't trust the folks on the phone, especially when you have that funny feeling that something ain't right. The majority of folks on the phone haven't even been to Florida in their lifetime, let alone ridden the Magical Express.

If you dad and his girlfriend are coming later in the week, you can add them at check in and then set up a DME reservation for them. But they won't be able to get on DME until they are on a reservation and can prove it.

Thank you but I don't understand what you mean by this. I wouldn't be renting points just using my own points. If this allowable, it would be worth it to have the 2 adults not on the reservation to take the Mears shuttle or maybe even rent a car.I am astounded by this . We have been to WDW well over 60 times and have never heard of anyone doing this. I feel like it's too good to be true!

Some people rent out their points to others. It doesn't seem to apply to you.

The rules are everyone staying be on the reservation and everyone on the reservation get the DP. It would be dishonest to purposefully leave someone off for the purpose of bypassing the rules in place.

Historically it was possible but now they'd have to cancel and rebook the room to add others at check in. That creates risk to losing the reservation and messing up ones points. Personally I wish they would add in some flexibility for DVC along the lines they did later in the days of the food n fun card and it's replacements. DVC is somewhat unique in that to have some come and go is more likely than cash stays and the larger rooms means there are often more people that are in play.
Thanks Dean. I am probably going to book 3 studios for this trip but I do want to understand this as it would be great to book the 2 bedroom and have everyone together.If I were to leave them off the reservation and add them at check in would that effect their ability to make FP+ with the group? That's actually not a huge deal as they won't do some of the headliners anyway. Anything else I'm not considering?

Thanks Dean. I am probably going to book 3 studios for this trip but I do want to understand this as it would be great to book the 2 bedroom and have everyone together.If I were to leave them off the reservation and add them at check in would that effect their ability to make FP+ with the group? That's actually not a huge deal as they won't do some of the headliners anyway. Anything else I'm not considering?
It's always a good idea to understand the rules and then the real rules. These are Disney's rules and if they decide to waive them, that's their prerogative. For others to conduct themselves in such a way as to bypass the rules purposefully is a reflection on them IMO. Is it inconsistent that you can have 3 studios with 8 people and get the DP for part then pay for others meals but have to get it for all 8 in a 2 BR, sure it is. It's also inconsistent to require it to be added at least 2 days ahead but allow guests be added at check in and not require they add the DP. They made a change about 1.5 yrs ago that makes it more difficult to add people to the room at or after check in. They can add comments but to actually add them they'll need to rebook the room as I understand it. And this is likely to be a moving target over the next few years, it certainly has been with the previous programs that were similar.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter