Sharing Credits: Disney says NO

Maybe you were but that doesn't mean it was correct, it appears it isn't now and sandaled posted they were able to use for 6 adults with only 4 adults on the plan.

I am happy that the policy seems to be changing.

Ah ok thanks. I just assumed because they had now made it that you can use your dining credits for anyone including those not on your reservation, that we could just show them her passport or something to show she is actually only 7, and therefore request to use a Childs dining credit on her. Its no biggy though, as the main thing is her being able to choose her food and getting the more adventurous food she likes .

Like I said, you can always ask. They may be able to do it; I just haven't heard anyone who has tried it.

what Disney says and what Disney does are often completely different things.

Unfortunately that is very true. We can tell everyone one thing and something else happen while in the parks. Especially when they are changing some of the rules.

I was actually very surprised by our experience at Via Napoli since I heard they do not make any exceptions. First, as I mentioned we were able to order 6 adult meals. Then, I was initially told we could not order the Fritto Misto appetizer, but our waitress checked and said we could order it if we counted it as two appetizers. We ordered two of those plus two other apps for the table. My DD14 was also able to substitute Shrimp for the Chicken in her pasta dish. The waitress again had to check with someone, but said it was okay. It was really nice that they were so accommodating, I was not expecting that based on reports I had read before our trip. We would have been fine ordering adult and kids meals if it had been enforced, but I figured it never hurts to ask.

I am happy that the policy seems to be changing.
T Rex has always been just as strict on sharing credits. When I asked this past fall the server told me no and then a ? more experienced server also said no but I asked for a manager who said it had changed and they'd had direct communication from Disney that it was now OK. I didn't blame the servers because I know it takes a while for such changes to get filtered through even with good training programs.

Ever the skeptic and just trying to make sure I have a grasp on these changes. We are a group of 5 adults and three children. Can we pay for the deluxe dining plan in one room occupied by my niece and her three kids and use 8 credits at a meal for all of us? Don't they separate the credits for adults and children like the used to? I was going to switch one kid with my niece to give her a break from three kids under 10 in her room but if the credits are truly pooled and we can use them for our groupo, I think I will let her hold on to my twin great nieces and nephew.

Ever the skeptic and just trying to make sure I have a grasp on these changes. We are a group of 5 adults and three children. Can we pay for the deluxe dining plan in one room occupied by my niece and her three kids and use 8 credits at a meal for all of us? Don't they separate the credits for adults and children like the used to? I was going to switch one kid with my niece to give her a break from three kids under 10 in her room but if the credits are truly pooled and we can use them for our groupo, I think I will let her hold on to my twin great nieces and nephew.

According to many, many reports, YES you can and YES you will have four people's worth of credits to share, so 12 per night of stay. And YES they are pooled, so no adult/child distinction. Now, there is no guarantee that all places will allow you to get all adult meals. The brochure still states, "kid's must order from the kid's menu where available." However, I've not seen any reports where that was enforced for the DxDDP.

We did.

We had a group of 10 booked in a 2BR villa and a studio (8 Disney adults and 2 children). We put 4 adults and 2 kids in the 2BR for purposes of adding the deluxe dining plan. We actually ended up having 6 adults and 1 child stay in the 2BR, but it really didn't matter. The only downside was a couple of the older kids could not open the door with their bands, but they were always with someone who could. We were able to cover the meals for all 10 of us using the deluxe plan.

We've done that a number of times including before the change last May. I documented my experiences previously.

So....I just got off the phone with a Disney CM. I asked about using credits to pay for guests not on the dining plan. She was unsure and spoke to a dining CM who confirmed that YES, you can use your vouchers/credits on anyone

I asked it this was anywhere online. She didn't think so but offered to put the dining CM on the line to verify. Even made sure I had her name before we hung up. Gotta love Disney customer service!!

We had a group of 10 booked in a 2BR villa and a studio (8 Disney adults and 2 children). We put 4 adults and 2 kids in the 2BR for purposes of adding the deluxe dining plan. We actually ended up having 6 adults and 1 child stay in the 2BR, but it really didn't matter. The only downside was a couple of the older kids could not open the door with their bands, but they were always with someone who could. We were able to cover the meals for all 10 of us using the deluxe plan.

Bumping an old thread - but just wanted to comment that I had thought of doing this - just get 3 DXDDP for the 4 of us to share. We have NE passes so are getting a ticketless package. My TA pointed out that this could cause issues with EMH access for the 4th person not registered to the room. She is going down to WDW next week and is going to check into that for me. At worst, I figure I will just pay for 4 plans so I can make sure my son also has EMH access.

Bumping an old thread - but just wanted to comment that I had thought of doing this - just get 3 DXDDP for the 4 of us to share.

Just to be clear, we did not leave anyone off of our reservation, we had two rooms and put the plan on one.

Bumping an old thread - but just wanted to comment that I had thought of doing this - just get 3 DXDDP for the 4 of us to share. We have NE passes so are getting a ticketless package. My TA pointed out that this could cause issues with EMH access for the 4th person not registered to the room. She is going down to WDW next week and is going to check into that for me. At worst, I figure I will just pay for 4 plans so I can make sure my son also has EMH access.

As far as emh, you can check in and add your son at the desk into the reservation. Once you've checked in the added person doesn't get any package benefits. Wouldn't help with fp or DME if you use it though.

As far as emh, you can check in and add your son at the desk into the reservation. Once you've checked in the added person doesn't get any package benefits. Wouldn't help with fp or DME if you use it though.

Good to know :) FP+ is fine (last min trip so we were well within the 30 day window) and we aren't using DME this trip so that's not a concern. Hmmmm....more options open up :)

Am I understanding this correctly? We are DVC members. Can I book a 2 bedroom villa for 4 adults, add DDP, and then add 2 adults at check in? I know we wouldn't get DDP or ME for the 2 adults added at check in, but that would work perfectly as 2 of the adults are older and can't eat as much food as the DDP provides.

Am I understanding this correctly? We are DVC members. Can I book a 2 bedroom villa for 4 adults, add DDP, and then add 2 adults at check in? I know we wouldn't get DDP or ME for the 2 adults added at check in, but that would work perfectly as 2 of the adults are older and can't eat as much food as the DDP provides.

Yes. The only thing I would make sure of is doing it if you're renting the points.

The folks who aren't on the reservation won't be able to ride the Magical Express. If you're driving, that's not a big deal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter