September 2012 roll call

50 days to go!

In my head I have a list of things I want to buy before I go....

I haven't too many things to buy but I do have a to-do list.

Tried to tick something off it today...

I rang Telstra to get all our phones unlocked so that we can use USA sims while we are away.

The two iPhones, no problem, although it takes a few days to be processed.

My DS's HTC HD2 phone was in the "too hard" basket. The phone was only purchased ( from Telstra!) about 2 1/2 years ago but she couldn't find the right reference on their system to workout a. if its locked and b. how to unlock. :worried:

She suggested that I visit a Telstra shop. :( I HATE going to the Telstra shop, every time I go it's a major drama...) :mad:

and I have a cold... and it's a chilly and miserable day.... sorry just having a whinge.

keep trying to remind myself....53 days till I hit Florida...where its 30+ degrees :cloud9:

Andona

I haven't too many things to buy but I do have a to-do list.

Tried to tick something off it today...

I rang Telstra to get all our phones unlocked so that we can use USA sims while we are away.

The two iPhones, no problem, although it takes a few days to be processed.

My DS's HTC HD2 phone was in the "too hard" basket. The phone was only purchased ( from Telstra!) about 2 1/2 years ago but she couldn't find the right reference on their system to workout a. if its locked and b. how to unlock. :worried:

She suggested that I visit a Telstra shop. :( I HATE going to the Telstra shop, every time I go it's a major drama...) :mad:

and I have a cold... and it's a chilly and miserable day.... sorry just having a whinge.

keep trying to remind myself....53 days till I hit Florida...where its 30+ degrees :cloud9:

Andona
Thanks for reminding me about Telstra :thumbsup2 I know exactly what you mean, the people on the phone know a little and the people in the stores know less :lmao:

Hope you're feeling a little better, rug up, i'm getting that cold that everybody here seems to have I think, sore throat, slightly dripping nose, and there is no way I can't go to work for the next 3 weeks :eek:

Bring on Florida and lightweight clothes :thumbsup2

Hi everyone! I have just meandered away from the main WDW planning section of the boards for the first time and am most excited to see a thread for aussies and kiwis going to the U.S in September.
We fly out to L.A on Aug 31 and stay the night at an airport hotel then on to Orlando the next day for 23 nights at Carribean Beach. Around 2 weeks for the world then 1 week for Seaworld (several days), Gatorland and Discovery Cove. Then 3 nights in San Francisco. We did Hawaii, Disneyland and San Diego 2 1/2 years ago and had the time of our lives. Was so depressed when I got home that I started planning this one immediately!
Life has been interesting to say the least over the last couple of years as we have been affected by the Christchurch earthquakes but we are now good to go and can't wait!!
Our daughter is almost 9 and beside herself with excitement. Seaworld was her favourite part last time and I think AK and Discovery Cove will blow her mind.
Good luck to all with the final planning!!

Hello fellow North Canatabrian (we are from Nth Loburn). It sounds like you have an awesome trip planned. We still have to wait until Sep13 for our next trip. Like you we have loved our USA trips, and I am already seriously planning for the next one even though it is still 14 mths away. It keeps me going to work every day :thumbsup2

348564get_well_soon.jpg

GET BETTER SOON

Hmm - starting to think I should do a Character Breakfast in Disneyland for the kids. Anyone have any ideas what's good there and how do I go about reserving it (we are off site for accomo)?

Hmm - starting to think I should do a Character Breakfast in Disneyland for the kids. Anyone have any ideas what's good there and how do I go about reserving it (we are off site for accomo)?

Goofy's kitchen :thumbsup2
Check AREStravel for vouchers, they may be cheaper than buying through Disney.

I *think* you can do it on the Disneyland site, maybe research that :scratchin
I know they give you the option when you buy passes to add character meals (or they did).

Yah I can join in!

Flights
7 September Vaustralia - Brisbane - LAX
7 September Delta - LAX - MCO
17 September Delta - MCO - LAX
17 September Vaustralia - LAX - Brissie

Accommodation
Pop Century!

ADR's
'Ohana - B
Whispering Canyon Cafe - D
Kona Cafe - B
Tusker House - L
Chef Mickeys - B
Il Mulino - Menu tasting with the chef for our wedding next year
Kouzzina by Cat Cora - D
Restaurant Marrekesh - L
Rose and Crown Pub - D
Via Napoli - D
Sci-fi Dine in Theatre - L

Other things we are doing
Mickey's Halloween Party - 11 Sept
Meet and Greet with some of our wedding vendors!
Tracking down an Ihop, because I love IHOP!!

We have 12hour layover in LA before our flight home, we are hiring a car and spending the day at California Adventure Park to check out Cars Land so pumped! :banana:

Cant believe there is so many Aussies heading over! Very cool :goodvibes

australiankaren said:
GET BETTER SOON

Aww, I'm a sucker for kitties...and ponies...and cake. :)

So what are we all taking for these winter bugs? I'm taking a large dose of Chardonnay but I'm open to other suggestions? :rotfl:

Andona

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

I rang DL and booked we are doing Ariel's grotto Dinner and Plazza Inn breakfast for Ds16 birthday I brought our vouchers from getawaytoday.com they emailed them to me and they don't charge a fee.
Tommoro morning hopefully I will get to book the Fantasmic dessert package:goodvibes

Big wave to my "neighbour" Caroline NZ! 14 months will zoom by.
Jessiegirl84 and Ellyoz I enjoyed reading through your ADRs. We only have 4 as the travel agent didn't have any info about free dining or the dining plan at all, maybe we needed to book through a disney travel agent, but no worries. Had a very exciting morning a couple of months ago deciding where to go and making the reservations, we have Ohana, Tusker House and Crystal Palace for breakfast and Whispering Canyon for lunch.
We are all sick at the moment too and it has been so cold, so difficult to imagine beating sun and humidity but bring it on!!

Aww, I'm a sucker for kitties...and ponies...and cake. :)

So what are we all taking for these winter bugs? I'm taking a large dose of Chardonnay but I'm open to other suggestions? :rotfl:

Andona

ooohhh, I do like the way you think:thumbsup2

maybe thats what i need to start drinking, at least I will feel better:artist:

so
stupid me sits down and does a budget of ALL costs for this trip
:eek::eek::eek:
Lets just say its about 30% more than I had thought..with all my extra tours, excursions, tickets etc etc.....

DH will never know:duck: this is our little secret..sssshhhhhhhhh

australiankaren said:
so
Lets just say its about 30% more than I had thought..with all my extra tours, excursions, tickets etc etc.....

I won't tell :ssst:

I wish I could keep this stuff a secret, DH is an accountant and keeps spreadsheets of every little cent ! I've been toying with upgrading our room at the Yacht Club , just wondering how to sneak that past him . Hmmmmm? :rotfl:

Andona

so

Oh my! 30% I reckon I went over by a bit more than that without meaning to :rolleyes1 and I don't really know how much we've spent I'm afraid to add it up:rotfl:
:rolleyes1 I'm pretty sure we could of paid cash for a brand new car and had a house deposit but what would life be with A visit to the mouse;)

Oh my! 30% I reckon I went over by a bit more than that without meaning to :rolleyes1 and I don't really know how much we've spent I'm afraid to add it up:rotfl:
:rolleyes1 I'm pretty sure we could of paid cash for a brand new car and had a house deposit but what would life be with A visit to the mouse;)

so true, no fun buying a car..lots of fun travelling:moped:

what the DH doesnt know wont hurt me:rotfl:and you have to keep some mystery in the relationship:bitelip:

so hows the trip.......what you doing now?????

so true, no fun buying a car..lots of fun travelling:moped:

what the DH doesnt know wont hurt me:rotfl:and you have to keep some mystery in the relationship:bitelip:

so hows the trip.......what you doing now?????

Laying in bed catching up on the dis:rotfl2:
We just had Denny's for tea at 11pm food wasn't that nice but the milkshakes mmmm

Hi from another NSW newbie.

My husband, myself and three kids aged 7, 5 and 2.5 are also going to Disneyland in September

Flights:

SYD - LAX 13/9/12
LAX - SYD 22/9/12

Staying at Disneyland Hotel in a 2 bedroom suite.

At this stage pretty much looking at spending close to everyday at Disneyland although may have a few side trips to Legoland, La Brea and Natural History Museum of Los Angeles.

This is only the kids second overseas trip - we weren't planning on another trip after their Hawaiian one for a little while but I stumbled on the cheap Qantas flights back in June and couldn't pass them up.

Kids don't know yet - not telling them until the week before.

Hi from another NSW newbie.

My husband, myself and three kids aged 7, 5 and 2.5 are also going to Disneyland in September

Flights:

SYD - LAX 13/9/12
LAX - SYD 22/9/12

Staying at Disneyland Hotel in a 2 bedroom suite.

At this stage pretty much looking at spending close to everyday at Disneyland although may have a few side trips to Legoland, La Brea and Natural History Museum of Los Angeles.

This is only the kids second overseas trip - we weren't planning on another trip after their Hawaiian one for a little while but I stumbled on the cheap Qantas flights back in June and couldn't pass them up.

Kids don't know yet - not telling them until the week before.

welcome to the aussie/kiwi boards:cheer2::cheer2:

you seem to be flying out the day we are (us on air new Zealand)...so its 50 sleeps if you are counting:rotfl:

and yes, we love love love our cheap QF flights here..:banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter