September 17, 2006 - 11 Night Southern Caribbean Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kathryn in MN said:
WOOHOO! UPS came an hour ago with our docs!

:banana: :banana: :yay: :yay: :bounce: :cheer2: :cool1: :Pinkbounc :yay: :yay: :yay: :banana: :banana:

We are traveling under a unique situation and were not supposed to have our cabin # confirmed until arrival at the pier. I did purchase the Disney transfers and wondered how they'd pull it off with our luggage. Now I know - they assigned our cabin early.

And we got a veranda. :yay: I've had inside and oceanview, but never my own veranda!

Congrats on your docs and getting a verandah room!!!!! :cheer2:

Winotracy, thanks for the help! After two kids nothing I own fits so I have to start fresh. BTW, how formal does everyone get on formal night?

winotracy said:
No stressing! We are not having a semi-formal night, so you don't have to worry about that. This is what I will be wearing - capris and a colored t-shirt, dress pants and a colored t-shirt, sundress. Just no shorts in the dining rooms. Other than that pretty much anything else is acceptable. You can even wear jeans, though I'm not sure how many do this :confused3

I wear jeans at dinner with nice shirts and a pair of heels. That way it's not too causal, and they're normally dark wash jeans too.

gabbysmom04 said:
Winotracy, thanks for the help! After two kids nothing I own fits so I have to start fresh. BTW, how formal does everyone get on formal night?

Formal night gets pretty formal. I'm wearing a floor length formal dress and you'll see several penguins (guys in tux's) running around. :lmao:

But, don't worry too much, remember, you're still on vacation. :thumbsup2

Disney Sweetie said:
I was just wondering...does my husband need a jacket for all meals in the dining rooms or can he just wear a nice shirt and pants? He will wear a suit when needed, but other than that does he need a jacket? I dont want for him to be "under-dressed" !!!!

Thanks! Trying to get the packing list started and know what I still need to get together....gotta love that last minute shopping!

Pam
NOOOO, he will only have to wear a jacket if your dining at Palo's and there he could get by with a dress shirt....
This is a cruise, relax, have fun and don't stress. Shoot, you don't even have to wear a Tux on formal night, some go all out and some go casual. I usually wear long pants and a golf / Polo shirt to dinner. I've even worn a Polo shirt to Palo's, I did button the top button, It made it look more dressess :rolleyes1 :rolleyes1 :rolleyes1 I have never seen anyone turned away from a restaruant for what they are wearing, except a bath suit.

Disney Sweetie said:
I was just wondering...does my husband need a jacket for all meals in the dining rooms or can he just wear a nice shirt and pants? He will wear a suit when needed, but other than that does he need a jacket? I dont want for him to be "under-dressed" !!!!

Thanks! Trying to get the packing list started and know what I still need to get together....gotta love that last minute shopping!

Pam

Your DH does not need a jacket for meals in the dining room. Formal Dress up nights are Sept.19th and Sept.26th. Dress on these nights vary with the individual. Some men will wear a dress shirt with or without a tie and or jacket. Some will wear a suit. Some will wear a tux. It is an opportunity to "dress" for dinner. We have seen a bit of everything. My DH will be wearing a tux. A suit is fine.
Other nights are cruise casual which is usually a polo shirt or shirt wth a collar and a pair of dockers. Dress Jeans are permitted in the dining room.
Tropical night is Sept.20th. Colorful, tropical casual, comfortable, happy attire is the norm.
Pirate night is Sept.23rd. Just about anything goes here Matey! Costumes, T-shirts, pirate gear of all makes and models. cruise casual to cruise crazy neon. Your server will provide you with a pirate bandana and even help you tie it. No worries.

As for being underdressed unless he arrives in his PJ's other than on the 19th for breakfast or for dinner in tank tops with torn shorts and flip flops I'm sure he will be just fine :goodvibes

Thanks...sounds like me and gabbysmom04 are stressing over clothes at the same time....I dont fit into much of dressy clothes anymore....dieting has not helped....LOL....I plan on wearing a "lil black dress" on formal nights....I hope that is good enough. I love all the planning, but dont have a clue as to what clothes I am gonna take. 11 nights is a long time.....do many of you wash clothes on the cruise?

Pam

gabbysmom04 said:
Take a look at our pic on the roster, Kborn, my wife goes all out and I and the 'Little Man' sport Tuxes. You will see everything from Tuxes to Suits to people in reg. street clothes. At home, I wear shorts everyday, 365 day a year (it's great to be self employed), so I don't mind wearing the tux. It is a great photo op. Plus, the 'little man' loves all the attention gets in his tux. :yay: :yay:

Disney Sweetie said:
Thanks...sounds like me and gabbysmom04 are stressing over clothes at the same time....I dont fit into much of dressy clothes anymore....dieting has not helped....LOL....I plan on wearing a "lil black dress" on formal nights....I hope that is good enough. I love all the planning, but dont have a clue as to what clothes I am gonna take. 11 nights is a long time.....do many of you wash clothes on the cruise?

Pam
Your lil black dress is perfect. I have done laundry on the ship. bring your own soap if possible and lots of quarters. I plan on making use of the laundry service this time around. I always hand wash my own unmentionables. (a habit aquired years ago while travelling).

Disney Sweetie said:

Pam
My wife is planning on at least one load on the ship...most of the time, your only in "dress" clothes at night, so if you can get everyone to hang them back up when they change, you could get more than a couple of wears out of them. I would plan on bring extra swim suits and cover ups. :thumbsup2

Tigger&Bubba said:
Your DH does not need a jacket for meals in the dining room. Formal Dress up nights are Sept.19th and Sept.26th. Dress on these nights vary with the individual. Some men will wear a dress shirt with or without a tie and or jacket. Some will wear a suit. Some will wear a tux. It is an opportunity to "dress" for dinner. We have seen a bit of everything. My DH will be wearing a tux. A suit is fine.
Other nights are cruise casual which is usually a polo shirt or shirt wth a collar and a pair of dockers. Dress Jeans are permitted in the dining room.
Tropical night is Sept.20th. Colorful, tropical casual, comfortable, happy attire is the norm.
Pirate night is Sept.23rd. Just about anything goes here Matey! Costumes, T-shirts, pirate gear of all makes and models. cruise casual to cruise crazy neon. Your server will provide you with a pirate bandana and even help you tie it. No worries.

As for being underdressed unless he arrives in his PJ's other than on the 19th for breakfast or for dinner in tank tops with torn shorts and flip flops I'm sure he will be just fine :goodvibes

Isn't pirate night the 24th? :confused3

gabbysmom04 said:

I have two formals, both floor length. Check out my picture on the roster, pretty sure its in one of those. DH will wear a tux. But as others said, it's really up to you!

Did I get the 12,900th?

Yaaaa HOOOOOO!!!!!

Not that it really matters, eh? :happytv:

captaincrash said:
Hello folks!

We are just about to transfer our reservation (tonight) in to join this sailing! We've switched our flight reservations and are all "set". We are a family of 4, with DD 2.75 and 5.5. This will be our 4th DCL sailing and our 1st on the Wonder. This also makes for our 16th (or 18th - depending on whom you ask between my spouse and I) sailing.

Is it too late to get in on any DIS gear for the sailing? Who is on the comittee for various things - like the DIS meet, quasi DIS tours and so on? Is there a seperate web site for the gang?

Below is a link to a photo series from our last sailing - a Carnival 8 niter to Mexico from this past Valentines' week! Click through for the slide show!

Cheers!

from Tom & Alicia

i594DA39C-B547-49BE-BE98-B5178D03CB0A.jpg

Did I get it? :confused3 :confused3

ETA: Apparently the Cap'n is hiding out waiting to strike on those big numbers :sad2:

Congrats Tom!

winotracy said:
Isn't pirate night the 24th? :confused3

Pirate night is Sunday the 24th

Yes Tracy, Thanks. :love: What would I do without you all. My calendar puts Saturday and Sunday in the same column. My bad sorry :blush: .

winotracy said:
Did I get it? :confused3 :confused3

ETA: Apparently the Cap'n is hiding out waiting to strike on those big numbers :sad2:

Congrats Tom!

got_it_1-2.jpg

Heh- hee- HEEE!

It's not a hiding out thin'.... I just happen to be lurkin' .... and only sat here in ambush (er, rather....), I sat here reading the morning paper while I switched from casual DIS surfin' and finding out the latest on the continuing "stem cell breakthrough"....

And ... you can all rest assured I'll not be on hand for 13,000 as we're about to leave for the afternoon.... :rolleyes: .... (maybe).

Just the same... all kiddin' aside... thank you in turn for your gracious note of congrats....

home_con_04_schlork.gif

Disney Sweetie said:

Pam

Nope he doesn't need a jacket for all meals in the dining room. He can wear khakis and a polo shirt/jeans with a polo shirt. He doesn't even need a jacket for Palo..just dress pants and a collared shirt.

gabbysmom04 said:
Hi everyone!!! I have yet another ???? This is for the ladies... Can someone please tell me what kind of clothes I need to buy for the cruise? What do you wear on nights where it is not formal? What is semi formal? Also, for the little ones do they need a fancy outfit for each dinner? I am really starting to stress out of clothes and packing!!! :confused3

Word is, we don't have any semi formal nights on this cruise, only two formal nights.

As for the rest of the nights, I usually bring one sundress with, but most nights I just wear capris and a cute top. Hubby wears khakis and a tommy bahama type shirt (lol, the kind you don't have to tuck in..lol). You can also wear jeans with a nice top/shirt to dinner.

winotracy said:
No stressing! We are not having a semi-formal night, so you don't have to worry about that. This is what I will be wearing - capris and a colored t-shirt, dress pants and a colored t-shirt, sundress. Just no shorts in the dining rooms. Other than that pretty much anything else is acceptable. You can even wear jeans, though I'm not sure how many do this :confused3

There were quite a few wearing jeans around us, including our table mates on the Panama cruise. Yes, I will be packing jeans for bob and I, lol, just in case I feel like being lazy one night...lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter