Sept 18 2010 WB TransAtlantic Pirates/Capt Jacks Re-Repoing Repossession Cruise Pt.8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, we are not old!! I sent the mod the link!! We are just chronologically challenged, remember?

:lmao: Thanks for doing that.
Good news on the surgery!! He will be right as rain before you have to fly away!!

His BP is really high!! Doesn't Dennis take BP medication? I have never heard garlic lowers your BP. Since mine is so low, maybe I better stop eating garlic!!

I usually have the opposite problem. My BP is very low, usually about 98/60. I was told I can not donate blood as my BP is too low for their standards.

It is high, he is on 4 meds. He and his doc finally got it to 138/85 for a bit and we were thrilled. He was taking garlic tabs at the time (yes they work, no it won't cause it to be too low), but he has not taken the garlic for a couple of weeks. He takes so many supplements (VitD3, magnesium, turmeric, zinc, etc, etc) that the garlic has gotten lost in the shuffle lately. Definately will get him back on that though. One day it was really high (over 200) and he just ate a clove of garlic :sick: and it dropped 30 points in just a few minutes.

I too have low BP, usually 100/60 something. My doc once told me I would live forever but would not have the energy to enjoy it! :confused3:sad2: I tried to donate blood once, they stopped after less than half a unit because I was becoming "shocky". Maybe we should use the medievel technique of bleeding on Dennis. :rolleyes1

:lmao: Thanks for doing that.

It is high, he is on 4 meds. He and his doc finally got it to 138/85 for a bit and we were thrilled. He was taking garlic tabs at the time (yes they work, no it won't cause it to be too low), but he has not taken the garlic for a couple of weeks. He takes so many supplements (VitD3, magnesium, turmeric, zinc, etc, etc) that the garlic has gotten lost in the shuffle lately. Definately will get him back on that though. One day it was really high (over 200) and he just ate a clove of garlic :sick: and it dropped 30 points in just a few minutes.

I too have low BP, usually 100/60 something. My doc once told me I would live forever but would not have the energy to enjoy it! :confused3:sad2: I tried to donate blood once, they stopped after less than half a unit because I was becoming "shocky". Maybe we should use the medievel technique of bleeding on Dennis. :rolleyes1

Good to know about the garlic!! I love to add garlic in a lot of my cooking so I am relieved.

What a visual on the bloodletting!!

bloodleeting2.jpg

Noel and Angie, I am the same, low BP, the doc always re-tests because a chubby chick like me shouldn't have low BP in her eyes. I also have low blood sugar and low iron, and good cholesterol level, she never believe my test results.

Pj

We will not make another run at tasting shirts ....but we will have a couple left over ... I will post what we have once I get back from the T-sh**t guy (old thread joke ) nothing to see here , carry on ...LOL

pirate:

Shirts arrived today!:cool1::cool1::cool1:
whats so funny... I live about 2 hours away, well... it depends how fast I drive:rotfl2:

They are very cool.... thanks Todd, Helen and Sue!:worship::worship:

Annie:flower3:

Noel and Angie, I am the same, low BP, the doc always re-tests because a chubby chick like me shouldn't have low BP in her eyes. I also have low blood sugar and low iron, and good cholesterol level, she never believe my test results.

Pj

I am not exactly a skinnie Minnie either. My primary care Doctor never comments one way or the other. She is so much younger than me that I figure she is just being polite. I don't have low iron but she says I am in low vitamin D and I take calcium for my bones. I spend plenty of time in the sun so go figure!!

Everything else I have is normal. I think we three must just have good genes!!!

We had a great visit at the eye clinic. We were there for almost 3 hours though! The surgery is scheduled, the pre-op is done, rx faxed to WalMart pharmacy. Surgery is scheduled for Aug 30. The doc said he would only need 1 week before he could fly. :yay: We fly out on Sept 13, so it will be 2 weeks. Hoping all goes well. Everyone there built our confidence. We were handed off gently from one person to the next to get everything done efficiently. I am singing praises for Rocky Mountain Eye Clinic! :goodvibes

Funny thing though, when the pre-op nurse took his BP it was 198/115. She insisted the machine must be wrong and she would retake at the end by hand/ear. We calmly told her nope, that's probably right, it does spike even higher than that sometimes. Something he has struggled with since he was 24 years old. :headache: He spent some time breathing, relaxing and it was 173/108 when she re-took it. We will load him up on garlic for several days before surgery to keep it down.:thumbsup2

Great news on the surgery!!! I'm sure he's excited to see where he's going!:lmao:

I'll have to remember the garlic. I'm normally on the high/normal side but every time I have to go to the nurse at work, my pressure goes up. I think it's a mental thing and I stress whenever I know I have to go down for my physical. I even went to a doctor about three hours later and mentioned to him that they thought my pressure was high and he looked at me like I was nuts. Said nothing unusual and I might just want to get off my butt and move a bit!! :rotfl2:

From Pt 7: Mrs. Mork: Fun getting old! :sad2: :lmao::rotfl2: The senior discounts are nice though. :laughing: As I always say, it's better to get old than the alternative!

Pj

My cholesterol is just this year a bit above where they want it....which is way lower than what was normal "in my day", so I am not going to worry about it. I have too much fun to be had to worry about it at this point. :woohoo:

I am not exactly a skinnie Minnie either. My primary care Doctor never comments one way or the other. She is so much younger than me that I figure she is just being polite. I don't have low iron but she says I am in low vitamin D and I take calcium for my bones. I spend plenty of time in the sun so go figure!!

Do you use sunscreen? If so, you are blocking the VitD as well. "They" are finding that most of us are deficient in VitD. And yes, much of it is those good genes my Mom gave me! :thumbsup2

From Pt 7: Mrs. Mork: Fun getting old! :sad2: :lmao::rotfl2: The senior discounts are nice though. :laughing: As I always say, it's better to get old than the alternative!

Boy I will agree with that!! :eek: I'm not done yet, there is way, way too much fun left to find.

Do any of you get dizzy with your low blood pressure? Mine is also low (100/58) and I get so dizzy when I stand up too fast. :confused3

Kristi

I am sorry - I feel like I have overstepped things - I just saw people asking about stats and things and did not realize how easy Sue and her hubby had them to get at. I used the website to make my list for wristbands so I could put them in ABC order by DIS name so I could find people more easily - and just added the other fields out there too to capture info.

The bracelets will be done this weekend and I will take down my spreadsheet as I had no intention of confusing people with other places to put information in. I did not mean any harm - again sorry.

I will finish up contacting on the bracelets through PM's and get answers back directly.

again I am really sorry.

Krisann

Do any of you get dizzy with your low blood pressure? Mine is also low (100/58) and I get so dizzy when I stand up too fast. :confused3

Kristi

I don't get dizzy but when I was pregnant and went to Lake Tahoe which is at about 4600 ft (1402.08 meters), I started to black out. I was told to drink lots of water and take it easy. Later after resting and drinking lots of water, I was fine. It was a very weird experience almost passing out!!

My cholesterol is just this year a bit above where they want it....which is way lower than what was normal "in my day", so I am not going to worry about it. I have too much fun to be had to worry about it at this point. :woohoo:

Agreed!!

Do you use sunscreen? If so, you are blocking the VitD as well. "They" are finding that most of us are deficient in VitD. And yes, much of it is those good genes my Mom gave me! :thumbsup2

So what do you do about sunscreen?

Boy I will agree with that!! :eek: I'm not done yet, there is way, way too much fun left to find.

Life is for living!!

Kristi

I too can get low blood pressure. But once I added on 10 pounds now it seems to be normal. But when my blood pressure drops I get nausea and feel like I want to faint. Though I have never fainted in my life. I have to lay down flat till I feel better.

I am sorry - I feel like I have overstepped things - I just saw people asking about stats and things and did not realize how easy Sue and her hubby had them to get at. I used the website to make my list for wristbands so I could put them in ABC order by DIS name so I could find people more easily - and just added the other fields out there too to capture info.

The bracelets will be done this weekend and I will take down my spreadsheet as I had no intention of confusing people with other places to put information in. I did not mean any harm - again sorry.

I will finish up contacting on the bracelets through PM's and get answers back directly.

again I am really sorry.

Krisann

No need to apologize!! No worries!! Be happy!! I can not imagine anyone is upset with you!!

CRUISE SHIRT UPDATE

Okay this is what I have left over ....

"Drinks" shirt Captain Jack on back with rum bottle

1 - Adult smalls

1 - Adult XXXL

CRUISE SHIRTS (FLAGS ON BACK)

1 - Adult Larges

4 - Adult XL

1 - Adult XXXXL

Okay this is how it will work ....This is First come First serve .... PM me what you want from the list above , I will then send you back a PM with total and PayPal information ...then please take care of Pay Pal as soon as you get .... If I dont reply to you , that means one or all the shirts your requesting has been sold ......Fear not...once these are gone and we have enough to make a second run , I will do that ......

*** If you are international we will have to figure something out on the shipping***

I have Very Very limited room in my bags ...

We should probably clear these out fast .......If so we will start a new ordering on Sunday Night and take orders till the following Saturday night ...

Hope everybody understands ... Good Luck ...PMs are time stamped , so they will be dealt with in the order they come in ....

TAKE WHAT YOU CAN !!!!!!

pirate:

44 days until we leave. :banana: I am working on Postcards and a spreadsheet with all the DIS stuff we are involved in. We are going to see if all our stuff fits into the two large luggage bags (practice packing run) tonight. I have temporarily leveled off in my diet :confused3, but have 10 pounds to go. Started the year at 225, now 210 :cool1:. Two years ago, when I retired, I was 236.:scared1:

Kristi

I too can get low blood pressure. But once I added on 10 pounds now it seems to be normal. But when my blood pressure drops I get nausea and feel like I want to faint. Though I have never fainted in my life. I have to lay down flat till I feel better.

I get more of the nausea then dizzy, I have had spots in front of my eyes at times.

Pj

Kristi

I don't because it is "normal" for me. Although, like Noel, I did faint when I was pregnant with my first....in the bank, in a dress that poor Dennis kept trying to pull down as I slid down his leg. :eek::lmao::lmao: I was very embarassed when I opened my eyes to find many people looking down at me. :upsidedow
Life is for living!!

Noel, I take a VitD3 supplement since we block out the sun and when I am just going to be out for a little while (like a half hour) I do not use the sunscreen.

No need to apologize!! No worries!! Be happy!! I can not imagine anyone is upset with you!!

Yep. :grouphug:

[

TAKE WHAT YOU CAN !!!!!!

pirate:

GIVE NOTHING BACK

44 days until we leave. :banana: I am working on Postcards and a spreadsheet with all the DIS stuff we are involved in. We are going to see if all our stuff fits into the two large luggage bags (practice packing run) tonight. I have temporarily leveled off in my diet :confused3, but have 10 pounds to go. Started the year at 225, now 210 :cool1:. Two years ago, when I retired, I was 236.:scared1:

Congrats on the weight loss. It is not an easy thing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter