Sept 18 2010 WB TransAtlantic Pirates/Capt Jacks Re-Repoing Repossession Cruise Pt.5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gk's last day of school today. DD called last night and said they may be coming down on Friday for the weekend as GS Spencer has a baseball tournament in the area.

The GK's will now be in 11th, 8th and 5th grade in the fall. Wow, how time flies!! I know we will have to make a plan for trips to the Lake this summer but with Spencer playing baseball and Aspen having her first job, it will be harder.

Good thing house is relatively clean as I am going to postpone cleaning lady from this week until next as 5 extra people in house tend to make more for her to do. No sense in having her do it twice!!

Just my thoughts.
:surfweb:

Just got our reply back from Barcelona Taxi confirming a pickup at 8:00 am at the Barcelona Renaissance Marriott to take us to Le Meridien. We want to take a tour on Friday at 9:00 an and the hotel has confirmed via email that they will store our luggage at that early hour for us.

To those staying at the Renaissance, hotel has a shuttle for our Air Berlin flight when we arrive on Wednesday. I was told by Marriott that the bus runs from 5AM to midnight from Terminal 1 and that there is a courtesy phone in terminal 1 to request the shuttle. I do not have an email address for this hotel.

If any one has more info or an email address for this hotel, would you please post?

Im gutted Im not in your group now Corinna! I love goodie bags lol!

Ah, but you are in my group, just on the other forum ;) I will do the same for both forums apart from for the two families that are on the other forum and in my group on here. For them I have an alternative gift on the other forum.

Corinna

Ok so just to confirm/clarify----I haven't done laundry on the boat in a very long time.....but you don't have to have coins/quarters to run the laundry machines? For some reason I thought you did so I've been making Jason save all quarters that come through our house for months now! :lmao: So you pay for laundry (both wash and dry) by swiping your KTTW card?? That's fancy....and will alleviate the need for me to bring ziploc baggies full of quarters!

They replaced the machines a year or two ago and yes, you can now use your KTTW card! Yay, no more quarters! :)

Krista

I really was surprised and disappointed with with some of the area up from the Falls, but I loved the Falls themselves and along the front there. We did the Maid of the Mist which was amazing, and also went behind the Falls. So glad we have been, but I don't feel a need to go back.

We like touristplaces whit lost off shops, and that was at the Falls. And we liked the Maid of the Mist also and that surprised me, because before we went i tought i'm not going to do that because it's not that great to do. But it was great to do, and walking the white water walk to see that water.
And Niagara's Fury the show i liked Chip telling us how it started. Maybe it's in the name, Chip and Dale are my favourite at Disney.

And we don't have to go back but when your there it's a must see.

The Laundry has got me a bit concerned now - i used to have the perfect system. I would wait until the kids got tired and grumpy and then say to DH "oh we are running out of clean clothing i should go and do a load of washing" faced with the option of being stuck in the cabin with grumpy kids he would always volunteer to do it and i would get the kids to lie down and we would have a nice snooze. Probably won work this time as the kids are older :sad2:

All the underwear stories have reminded me of two interesting ones.
Once going into Egypt i was travelling with my DH who was crewing the flight and as we went through customs they checked the luggage. It was fine for us but horrible for all the flight attendants as they held up their underwear and waved then around making crude comments.

now for a nicer one. When i was six months pregnant with DS i was going through an airport and set off the metal detector. However we couldn't work out what it was i had no metal at all on me (not even underwire - as advised by Dr for pregnancy) and the beep was loudest over my tummy. eventually they just decided i had been feeding the baby too much iron and sent me on my way. :rotfl:

Ann and Noel - thanks for the weather updates and Ann, we lived in Phoenix for 11 years and loved every minute of it till the very last year when it got a little too hot for me and a little too long. I have some health issues so we decided to go move someplace else where it is warm - Florida it is! My husband would take your weather any day. Weather Underground said that San Fran is going to be in the 50's with a high in the 60's. He packed for a blizzard but that is just my warm blooded husband. He thinks Castaway in November is too cold.

On to the subject of drinking urine, does anyone watch Bear? I love that show and one time, being stranded in Australia somewhere he had to drink his own urine. It was an interesting show but he explained about it being "good for you" compared to water just sitting there. Do you enjoy his show in Britain also, or maybe he isn't even on. I know after I watch his show, all the things I do NOT want to do in life.

I thought when Krisann posted the prices for doing socks and undies it wasn't that bad. It depends if standing in line and waiting is worth the extra buck or so. The laundry does sound entertaining though.

Abby and I are eating at this new restaurant tonight that has hibachi cooking. We have no idea what we are getting ourselves into but it should be an adventure. We are going to sit around and talk about our cruise.

I should be on my way for another blood test, but I am not going because it was raining. I will go tomorrow afternoon. I am so bad, but right now, I do not like the doctors.

Re Tortola - DH and I did a cruise earlier this year and we had two stops there.
The first time we did our own thing and as we left the ship there were lots of the open sided safari taxi`s waiting. We paid $20 each and got a trip to the other side of the island, stopping at various places including 30 minutes at Cane Garden Bay. The driver offered to drop people off in the small town on our return and that was handy for the shops. Our tour lasted about 2 hours - we didn`t visit the marina as the ships tour did. A great tour though.

The second trip we did was to Virgin Gorda, its a 50 minute boat trip, then 10 minutes in another safari taxi, then a 15 minute walk - through cacti and over stones, alternatively you can go through the caves to get there. There are no facilities apart from where you start the walk. DH loved this trip but it was very active. We booked that through the trip.
This time we`ll head back to Cane Garden Bay - its a lovely Caribbean beach with loads of bars, sunbeds etc.

The best thing though happened as we set sail from Tortola - we saw two whales - fantastic.

I`ve been reading the reports of the laundry :scared1: and today I`ve been out and bought hand travel wash :rolleyes1

This just in...

Formal Night:
Night 3 – Gibraltar
Night 8 – At Sea

Semi-Formal Night:
Night 13 – At Sea

Pirate Night:
Night 9 – At Sea

Theme Night:
Night 7 – At Sea

Hopefully this is it... Have asked for rotations as well, but haven't seen them as yet.

This just in...

Formal Night:
Night 3 – Gibraltar
Night 8 – At Sea

Semi-Formal Night:
Night 13 – At Sea

Pirate Night:
Night 9 – At Sea

Theme Night:
Night 7 – At Sea

Hopefully this is it... Have asked for rotations as well, but haven't seen them as yet.

Hey Sue thanks - I just received this from my TA: Who knows who is right!

Theme nights for TA cruise = night 2 – formal, night 7 – formal, night 8 – theme night (cast member did not know the specific theme), night 11 – pirate night, and night 13 – semi-formal night.

This just in...

Formal Night:
Night 3 – Gibraltar
Night 8 – At Sea

Semi-Formal Night:
Night 13 – At Sea

Pirate Night:
Night 9 – At Sea

Theme Night:
Night 7 – At Sea

This is the first set of dates we had previously.

Theme nights for TA cruise = night 2 – formal, night 7 – formal, night 8 – theme night (cast member did not know the specific theme), night 11 – pirate night, and night 13 – semi-formal night.

These are the second set of dates we had which Sarah mentioned.

I don't think they really know do you?:rotfl2::rotfl2:

Ann and Noel - thanks for the weather updates and Ann, we lived in Phoenix for 11 years and loved every minute of it till the very last year when it got a little too hot for me and a little too long. I have some health issues so we decided to go move someplace else where it is warm - Florida it is! My husband would take your weather any day. Weather Underground said that San Fran is going to be in the 50's with a high in the 60's. He packed for a blizzard but that is just my warm blooded husband. He thinks Castaway in November is too cold.

Currently in SF - Sunny and warm - 61 degrees (at least to us SF people - no jacket required unless you are not on the sunny side of the street). Fog is still looming in the bay - just a narrow line up and over Alcatraz and ends at Treasure Island. Beautiful day yet still trapped in the office.

This just in...

Formal Night:
Night 3 – Gibraltar
Night 8 – At Sea

Semi-Formal Night:
Night 13 – At Sea

Pirate Night:
Night 9 – At Sea

Theme Night:
Night 7 – At Sea

I really don't understand why they would want to have one of the formal nights on a port day when there are so many sea days.

Well, one night matches.

But just for the weekend. My inlaws are celebtaing 50 years tomorrow so we will be in central FL... I am having withdrawl... so close to WDW, and yet so far... I have PM'd jilljill and asked her to move us to part 6. Here is the link, but please don't start there until this is closed out.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=36744518#post36744518

Sue

Have a great weekend.

Corinna

This is the first set of dates we had previously.

These are the second set of dates we had which Sarah mentioned.

I don't think they really know do you?:rotfl2::rotfl2:

I'd really hoped for a concrete answer before we made our ressies this weekend but thanks for trying :)

I'm doubtful that the first formal night will be a port day. My money's on Sunday at sea.

For those of you concerned about laundry- I've done laundry on every cruise that we have been on w/o any issues. But none of those were as long as this....

LOL that's why urine works on snack bites!

Ranch dressing isn't a European thing at all! I love it but I don't know many non-American style places that do it. Subway may

Snack bites - now that just evil - but you know if you make me :mad: enuogh - I might consider that. :rotfl:

I don't think they do it anymore but not 100% sure. Think the Villans menu replaced it

:love::love::love: the female villians - they are soooooo much fun. (except for the evil queen - personally my favorites are Ursula and the Queen of Hearts!) ;)

Hi there of have all your concerns but I do have a room number.

My biggest confession is ................ ready for this .....................

I have never ever had a Mickey Bar. I know I know why? I have cruised many times gone to the parks. But have yet to have one.

So why are they so important. Are they not just a ice cream bar with mickey ears? Does the chocolate taste any different than other icecream bars.

My enquiring mind want to know :)

Thank you for your understanding :)

I had posted something but it didn't post - here's my confession: I don't like Mickey Bars. If I do have one - I'll crack the chocolate off and eat the vanilla ice cream. The first time I did this, my tablemates flipped quarters for my chocolate coverings.

Not much. Its not even announced, but on the non show night in Animators, the servers all had white Mickey Mouse Club shirts on and there were some decorations that had been put up. What made it fun was that there were 50+ of us that were also wearing club shirts. The non DIS cruisers and even the cast members were shocked that so many of us were dressed the part. Then again, I think we shocked the cast members quite a bit on that cruise, from the moment we boarded and they saw about 500 people in matching Pirates Through the Panama Canal shirts. :rotfl:

Think they may remember some of us? :rotfl2:

:eek: I hope you mean snake bites!! :laughing:

Krista

OH! Now this makes more sense.

Re Tortola - DH and I did a cruise earlier this year and we had two stops there.
The first time we did our own thing and as we left the ship there were lots of the open sided safari taxi`s waiting. We paid $20 each and got a trip to the other side of the island, stopping at various places including 30 minutes at Cane Garden Bay. The driver offered to drop people off in the small town on our return and that was handy for the shops. Our tour lasted about 2 hours - we didn`t visit the marina as the ships tour did. A great tour though.

The second trip we did was to Virgin Gorda, its a 50 minute boat trip, then 10 minutes in another safari taxi, then a 15 minute walk - through cacti and over stones, alternatively you can go through the caves to get there. There are no facilities apart from where you start the walk. DH loved this trip but it was very active. We booked that through the trip.
This time we`ll head back to Cane Garden Bay - its a lovely Caribbean beach with loads of bars, sunbeds etc.

The best thing though happened as we set sail from Tortola - we saw two whales - fantastic.

I`ve been reading the reports of the laundry :scared1: and today I`ve been out and bought hand travel wash :rolleyes1

Thank you all so much for the input. I'm really worried about the roughness of the seas. On time in St. John (I forgot to forewarn DH about the small boatride) and he got sooo sick. He ended up jumping off the bus and laying out on the beach because he was so sick. He spent the entire tour time on the beach and barely made it back to rejoin us. Just as we were about to pull out again to get back to the main island where we were docked - he came running up. Red as a tomato but at least he made it back enought to get re-sick from the 20 minute boat ride back. And then there's the tale of him getting laid out on the tender dock at Cabo. He was so sick. But he did parasail. Sometimes I do feel sorry for him but you know.....he doesn't have to go with me.....:lmao: On second thought.....think I'll book the regatta one. ;)

And another list :lmao:

I thought some people actually brought their personal trainers on the cruise. When they got fed up with the trainer telling them to workout more, the trainer got stuffed into the dryer for a cycle or two. :rotfl:

Jon
v funny
LittleDisneyLovers - you are making me laugh! Your responses are so funny. I cannot wait to meet you. I think you and I have the same bra problem! Littlebitty no big wire!!! I didn't get Jon's comment the way you did and I am stilllll laughing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You are right about the washers and dryers. The very first Wonder cruise we took somebody got into a fight before the stage show. We couldn't believe it. That was the last time we saw any problems. I cannot imagine there would be problems with this group of dis folks. I love traveling with a fun group of people and somebody always makes me laugh! I am signing off for the night. My DH is packing for San Fran and I am making my lists for the next 4 days!!!!:flower3:
I cant wait to meet everyone either
Oh i do not iron - at all - not even at home - my cleaning lady does all my ironing - I send many clothes out during the cruise to be washed - and I even washed clothes this time and then sent them out to be pressed only.

I have to say the day the laundry room had people in it was kinda fun - got to know some people - I became the "director" that morning while I was there - keeping straight who was next in line for what - and letting people know who came looking to do laundry how long. I am not sure what I will do on this one (but will organize the middle of the night laundry night if everyone wants me to!) I do send things out a lot except for undies, socks and bras.

!
Me neither, just buy clothes a size too wee and they fit fine and are wrinkle free.
Don't feel bad. I haven't either. I've always just assumed that it's basically a Klondike bar or any other generic chocolate covered vanilla ice cream bar only shaped like Mickey-----and I don't like Klondike bars and Ice Cream bars that have that semi-hard chocolate coating around vanilla ice cream....so I've always assumed/known that the Mickey Bars wouldn't appeal to me. Now when they bust out the rice krispy treats shaped like mickey??? You might see me shove 3 or 4 in my pockets and run like heck! :rotfl:
Well, I thought you might shove them in someones elses pockets and run, that WOULD ne funny.:lmao:
But just for the weekend. My inlaws are celebtaing 50 years tomorrow so we will be in central FL... I am having withdrawl... so close to WDW, and yet so far... I have PM'd jilljill and asked her to move us to part 6. Here is the link, but please don't start there until this is closed out.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=36744518#post36744518

Sue

Have a great time..

Just speed read ALL the pages, we are a chatty bunch, lovely wether in scotland today, it was a walk n bike ride kinda day.

This just in...

Formal Night:
Night 3 – Gibraltar
Night 8 – At Sea

Semi-Formal Night:
Night 13 – At Sea

Pirate Night:
Night 9 – At Sea

Theme Night:
Night 7 – At Sea

This works out so much better for me to have Pirate Night on a sea day as it takes me over 2 hours to get ready.

Theme Night - would this be Villains? Is anyone going to bring anything extra? I have a Cruella Deville costume and I'm thinking of at least bringing the wig and the shawl.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter